ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Walters AWOL

In the type of offense Frost wants to run, Ron Brown would make a great TE's coach. I think there's better candidates out there for a WR's coach. Frost and Osborne's offenses are very different. The TE's in Frost's offense are supposed to play a similar role as receivers did in Osborne's offense.

There's blocking and catching. What else is there?

TwinsRRUs was correct in posting the positives about the paid board. Tunnel Talk and Live Chats are very good. I wish they offered a free trial period so everyone could get a look for themselves. I received a free 30 day gift subscription and would like to respectfully share my experience. I am an elderly man, so what I don't like you may love.
On the paid board there were nearly as many posts containing giant GIFs as those without. You have to scroll down past these and it wastes time, imho. My opinion of 90% of the GIFs - childish. My friend who gave me the subscription agrees with Twins. He says there used to be posters with inside info, but they have been shouted down or left for unknown reasons. The paid chat is more hostile than this board. The best thing about my experience there was reminding me there is this free board, which is more to my taste. This is just the opinion of an old guy. Take it for what it's worth.

There's blocking and catching. What else is there?
I'm guessing there are other WR/OC coaches out there that have more experience with the type of offense Frost wants to run. They would probably be able to teach those routes better than Brown could. Brown is a great AC but I think his best fit would be at TE in this offense. Btw I don't think Beckton has done any better than Walters has either.

I'm guessing there are other WR/OC coaches out there that have more experience with the type of offense Frost wants to run. They would probably be able to teach those routes better than Brown could. Brown is a great AC but I think his best fit would be at TE in this offense. Btw I don't think Beckton has done any better than Walters has either.

Not sure about his coaching, but Beckton has been great for recruiting. He's gotten us into a lot of doors in Georgia and Florida.

He's been in Lincoln. And yes he's been recruiting bigger bodies at his position

His last Husker related tweet (retweet) was 12/5, and he’s not been seen in any pics with recruits that I’m aware of, and we just sent two defensive coaches plus Held to go visit 4* big body WR Javian Hester.
Alante Brown posted only pics of himself from his visit fwiw.

I’m not trying to make too many assumptions, but just pointing out “the signs”.
I don’t think it’ll be a huge loss but it could be difficult timing in the middle of trying to land some WRs

His last Husker related tweet (retweet) was 12/5, and he’s not been seen in any pics with recruits that I’m aware of, and we just sent two defensive coaches plus Held to go visit 4* big body WR Javian Hester.

I don’t think it’ll be a huge loss but it could be difficult timing in the middle of trying to land some WRs

It is odd to say the least. However, while he is not posting on recruiting he is "liking" many recruiting related posts, 4 yesterday. Maybe he has family stuff or illness to tend to and can't be out recruiting.

Frost didn't let him wear a hoodie to the last outdoor practice...he gets very cold, and wants to coach in a warm environment. This is why he was the last coach to join when UCF wouldn't keep him. A loyal as Frost has been to his staff, Walters did not want to come to Nebraska...is a WR coach who hasn't been provided any WRs...and is only an OC by name not practice.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Frost didn't let him wear a hoodie to the last outdoor practice...he gets very cold, and wants to coach in a warm environment. This is why he was the last coach to join when UCF wouldn't keep him. A loyal as Frost has been to his staff, Walters did not want to come to Nebraska...is a WR coach who hasn't been provided any WRs...and is only an OC by name not practice.
He was the last to come because he was interviewing for Head Coach jobs at Rice and UCF. He wants to be a Head Coach. Has nothing to do with weather or hoodies .

It is odd to say the least. However, while he is not posting on recruiting he is "liking" many recruiting related posts, 4 yesterday. Maybe he has family stuff or illness to tend to and can't be out recruiting.
amazingly coaches get sick too. It might be as simple as that. I've had several friends who have gotten a respiratory bug going around and they've been coughing up chunks of their lungs for weeks it seems. I'm not sure a family would want a coughing hacking WR coach sitting in their living room. That would not be a positive recruiting tool. People need to relax.

pepperback.jpg
That him with his back turned?

he adjusted his synthroid and now he’s good

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT