ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Walters AWOL

headcard

Nebraska Legend
Feb 2, 2005
Anyone notice Coach Walters hasn’t been in any of the pictures with recruits? Seems like all the other coaches have been on the road. Anything to see here?

Reactions: CatColumbia
I haven't been a big fan of his position groups progression but I strongly believe we need as much continuity as possible. Hopeful he's with us come next season.

looks like there’s something on the paid board too. I’m starting to wonder myself. Time to bring back Keith Williams if he’s gone.
A lot of good ones out there, but I don’t know if there is anything to it, just noticed he hasn’t been with the other offensive coaches on these visits, even to WR recruits. Could be low key, could be sick, etc. Will be interesting to see if he shows up in the pics with the WR on campus today.

I wondered the same thing. My assumption was that he was out visiting wr recruits primarily (alante brown being one). But regardless interesting to watch

Reactions: headcard
Chin, fish, and held just went today to meet with Javian Hester in OK..6’4 WR..4 star and mizzou’ s top commit. I find it hard to believe walters had anything better to do then that. The kid is also a close friend of Morrison.

Reactions: Thrasher31
I don't get this. If he really is gone, why hide it? Maybe for recruiting? If recruits don't notice he hasn't called or visited then he probably wasn't that important in the process anyways and again I go back to why not just say it?
IFFFF he is gone, could Frost maybe, hire a legit OC who calls plays? Frost really needs to focus on being an HC, especially early on in this process.

I don't get this. If he really is gone, why hide it? Maybe for recruiting? If recruits don't notice he hasn't called or visited then he probably wasn't that important in the process anyways and again I go back to why not just say it?
IFFFF he is gone, could Frost maybe, hire a legit OC who calls plays? Frost really needs to focus on being an HC, especially early on in this process.
Could be entertaining other positions but doesn’t want it public in case he decides to stay.

Disclaimer to whom it may concern: This post is in no way anything other than a random thought. Don’t be going out and starting dumb ass rumors!

This exact subject came up a couple of weeks ago. Turns out Troy was visiting WR recruits at the time Frost etal made a home visit. People need to RELAX.

Absolutely not, you want a great receivers coach Ron brown is the guy
Ron doesn't know Frost's offense BUT I'm sure he could figure it out. I think Ron likes his role right now. Kind of ironic. At one point a few years back Ron was the #1 candidate for the Stanford head coaching job.

Reactions: busshusker
Williams wouldn't make much sense for Frost. If or when Frost has to replace an assistant he'll make a national search and hire the most qualified guy not just a guy who we're familiar with.

It wasn’t so much because we are familiar with him, it’s because he’s a great WR Coach and actually he isn’t coaching right now. I believe he’s just doing drills with NFL WRs and so on...something like that. Frost will get us a good one, one way or another. But with any luck, Walters is still here.

Hmmm
Ok, let me see.
A guy who supposedly doesn't recruit is blamed for not having good recievers he didn't recruit?
Did I get this part right?

I wouldn’t rule out Matt Lubick. Former WR coach at Oregon and WR/Co-OC at Washington. Good WR coach and recruiter, worked with Frost at Oregon.

There was some smoke around Lubick as OC when Frost accepted the position. Do you know why he was not coaching this year?

There was some smoke around Lubick as OC when Frost accepted the position. Do you know why he was not coaching this year?
No idea, looks like he took a job overseeing some project at CSU. Maybe he is done with CFB. I know there was talk of him being unhappy when Smith got the nod to call plays at UW and then left after he was passed up again when Smith left for OSU.

Absolutely not, you want a great receivers coach Ron brown is the guy
In the type of offense Frost wants to run, Ron Brown would make a great TE's coach. I think there's better candidates out there for a WR's coach. Frost and Osborne's offenses are very different. The TE's in Frost's offense are supposed to play a similar role as receivers did in Osborne's offense.

In the type of offense Frost wants to run, Ron Brown would make a great TE's coach. I think there's better candidates out there for a WR's coach. Frost and Osborne's offenses are very different. The TE's in Frost's offense are supposed to play a similar role as receivers did in Osborne's offense.
Receivers coach

Ron's been on campus working with the staff for more than a year. I doubt he doesn't know Frost's offense.
Read his job description. There's a big difference between mentoring players and teaching them Frost's offense. He has no coaching responsibilities right now and it would be an NCAA violation for him to be coaching them right now. Frost's offense is very different than Tom's or any other offense that Ron has coached. No doubt he could learn the details quickly but to say that just because he's doing community outreach and mentoring the players he "knows Frost's offense" is kind of silly.

Read his job description. There's a big difference between mentoring players and teaching them Frost's offense. He has no coaching responsibilities right now and it would be an NCAA violation for him to be coaching them right now. Frost's offense is very different than Tom's or any other offense that Ron has coached. No doubt he could learn the details quickly but to say that just because he's doing community outreach and mentoring the players he "knows Frost's offense" is kind of silly.

It would be a violation but who would turn him in? There is a compliance guy in the office, right? Is that who would do that stuff? I have always wondered about that. Like bama has all those "consultants" I am sure they are out there "coaching" at times during practice...who watches that?

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
It would be a violation but who would turn him in? There is a compliance guy in the office, right? Is that who would do that stuff? I have always wondered about that. Like bama has all those "consultants" I am sure they are out there "coaching" at times during practice...who watches that?
Bingo

looks like there’s something on the paid board too. I’m starting to wonder myself.

Nothing to that thread. Someone just posted If Walters Leaves... then maybe we can get this guy..." and posted some other coach.

Nothing but speculation by anyone over there, same as in this thread basically.

Just fans coming up with offseason talking points and wondering about a bunch of What If's but nothing was brought up by those in the know to start the topic.

Nothing to that thread. Someone just posted If Walters Leaves... then maybe we can get this guy..." and posted some other coach.

Nothing but speculation by anyone over there, same as in this thread basically.

Just fans coming up with offseason talking points and wondering about a bunch of What If's but nothing was brought up by those in the know to start the topic.
Hi Twins, thanks for the information. I am not sure why people want to run off Walter. Seems to be the type of coach we need. How is the pair board? Been thinking of dipping in and spending some nickels I’ve been saving. Got to budget these days but am interested in some real inside information.

Reactions: TwinsRRUs

I'm trying to see why people think Walter's isn't good at calling plays when he isn't given the chance too. I'm pretty sure he and most of us know that when you get down to the 2 yard line against a weak Purdue defense that you should at least attempt ONE running play.

Even if Walter's leaves you really think Scott is gonna bring someone in here to call plays? Should he, yes.....will he, NO!

They would have to pry that playbook from his COLD DEAD HANDS at this point....

Last edited:
Hi Twins, thanks for the information. How is the paid board? Been thinking of dipping in and spending some nickels I’ve been saving. Got to budget these days but am interested in some real inside information.

As far as day-to-day conversations go, the paid board is very similar to the free Husker Board when comparing us fans talking on it.

There are a few Insiders that will post information but not as often as it used to be according to those who have been on Red Sea Scrolls for many years.

Unfortunately, anytime something changes and the information that an insider posted turns out to be incorrect, a bunch of posters will jump all over that Insider and cause him to post less even though the information he shared was cracked at the time but sometimes things change and people change their minds.

The paid board had more insiders while Riley was head coach as the program was not in lockdown like it seems to be under Frost. Inside information is hard to come by at the moment, but Sean, Nate, and Robin do their best.

As far as being a paid member, I love everything that comes with it as there is so much more than just the talk amongst fans. Sean, Nate, Mike, etc all do a good job on their articles and information on RSS.

Everyone looks forward to Tunnel Talk every Friday width indepth information. You can ask basically any question you want during the live chats on Tuesdays (I am known over there for asking too many:oops:).

IMO, it's worth being a paid member and I enjoy it. I was on this free boord for quite a few years before finally jumping over to the paid board a couple of years ago. When I first got over there I still frequented this board often and now I don't make it over here very much.

I think he is way too conservative and bible thumper too.
Bad look

Reactions: Sodakred
When you guys get on a roll you can really work yourself into a frenzy, huh? We start with a guy not in a few pics, next thing you know we got Ron Brown coaching receivers.

Solich could come back and coach RBs

ADVERTISEMENT