ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking Down Nebraska's Scott Frost vs. Iowa's Kirk Ferentz (Athlon)

I come in peace!
Being a College Football fan since the late 40's (last Century) I admire and respect both schools. I was never a fan of Oklahoma (Big 12) nor of Meatchicken (Big Ten). I have met fans from both of your schools and found them to be knowledgeable and courteous. I graduated from a Big 10 school in the East and would love to see both of your schools have great years. I'm tired of hearing how the Big Ten is so weak compared to the SEC and even ACC.
Again good luck to you both and keep it on a high note between both of you.

P.S. this is 25 years old. You are on your 6th coach since the golden years. Here’s an updated version...

And...

And...

Dude if a coach retires like Devaney and Oz did, you don't get to count that as negative coaching revolving door smack talk.

Its 4 coaches let go in the last 20 years. Get it straight. Solich was here 6, and Pelini 7. Have a nice day in Io_a.

So which schools had the most arrests over the past five years? ( this is from an article published in 2015 ) Probably still relevant : )

1. Washington State 31

Holy hell, this is what happens when you’re a team that gets no attention and you’re located in the middle of nowhere. Is Washington State a football team or a criminal syndicate?

2. Florida 24

Interestingly, if you combine Florida and Ohio State’s arrests, Urban Meyer would be number one on this list.

3. Georgia 22

Totally where I would expect to see Georgia, the Bulldogs can’t even get the most arrests in the SEC, they Georgia’d it.

3. Texas A&M 22

Fun fact, the only place that carries the Longhorn Network in College Station? Jail.

5. Oklahoma 21

Gotta give it to Bob Stoops, he finished behind three SEC teams even on this list.

6. Iowa State 20

Don’t judge. If you lived in Ames, Iowa you’d get arrested too. Jail is actually the most fun attraction within 100 miles.

6. Missouri 20

Lots of people questioned whether Mizzou belonged in the SEC. Leave aside the back-to-back SEC east titles, this arrest record is prima facie evidence that they’re in the right conference.

6. Ole Miss 20

Hugh Freeze is going to take these boys straight to church. (Where they will then abscond with the offering plates).

6. West Virginia 20

I’m convinced Morgantown, West Virginia is like Deadwood. Every morning they feed the dead bodies to the hogs.

10. Florida State 19

Imagine what FSU’s arrest rate would be if Tallahassee police actually arrested football players.

10. Tennessee 19

The Vols are back, baby. (This also means six of the top ten most arrested teams in the country are from the SEC).

12. Alabama 18

In 2011 I met a sheriff at the Alabama-LSU game in Tuscaloosa. He had a national championship ring that Saban gave him. No joke.

12. Iowa 18

Iowa and Iowa State represents the most felonious rivalry in college football.* *Between two teams that never win anything.

We may be the dumbest, but we do know right from WRONG. Domestic assault, rape, rampant steroid use, quite a laundry list for your team. The end justifies the means in the land of Nowledge.
17-year member, first post. Kind of amazing.

It's one thing to be a new member and ask a question for or present info, engage in civil conversation, etc. (@nwflcock is okay in my book). But it seems like a lot of low-post and/or new accounts on this board lately only posting in adversarial tones.

Edit: Don't take this as a defense of the poster SSK was exchanging with.

2d0j2r.jpg

Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb
This thread is AWESOME!!! Its going to be fun going forward. Its nice to see both fanbases excited at the same time, for once.

BTW, Hayden Fry would have never been Hayden without this win. It launched a program begging for life once again.

And I agree. We should have kept Nebraska on the schedule. But I can think of a lot of reasons we didn't. To this day, I am not sure Nebraska joins the BIG 10 if we played every year. And not in the sense that Nebraska wouldn't have beat us more often than not.

This thread is AWESOME!!! Its going to be fun going forward. Its nice to see both fanbases excited at the same time, for once.

BTW, Hayden Fry would have never been Hayden without this win. It launched a program begging for life once again.

And I agree. We should have kept Nebraska on the schedule. But I can think of a lot of reasons we didn't. To this day, I am not sure Nebraska joins the BIG 10 if we played every year. And not in the sense that Nebraska wouldn't have beat us more often than not.
What was the score after this fluke win in 1982?

How many times do we have to do this? The writer from Omaha didn’t pick Frost over Ferentz... the national guy from Athlon did.

The writer from Omaha is expressing possible reasons why the national guy from Athlon picked Frost over Ferentz.
Nm

Sorry. Didnt mean to reply.

Don’t get me wrong, I sure hope Frost turns out to bring some sense of relevance back to Nebraska after 20+ years since. I also hope it brings some excitement and high-caliber competition to the B1G West.

That said, here are some defensive statistics from UCF’s season last year. I only post this, simply to help all you Huskers keep perspective before your most recent head coach hire is throned the next Bob Stoops...

UCF in 2017....

Scoring D: #52
Total D: #93
Pass D: #115
Rush D: #59
Red Zone D: #79

UCF played the #72 strength of schedule in the country in the American Athletic Conference, and didn't finish in the top 50 of any of these defensive categories. They finished in the cellar in three of these D categories. Against the #72 SOS.

Also of note...Frost has 399 (yes, 399) scholarship offers to kids. I am sure this is up to 400 by now.

How is he holding the integrity of your recruits (and their character) any higher than previous coaches. For perspective, outside of Ole Miss, the other Top 8 schools with outstanding scholarship offers are programs in the cellar and dying to climb back to relevance. Whatever it takes..including recruits with character issues. How can you tell a prospect you need him in your program when you have 40 other offers out for the same position?!

Current Scholarship Offers
1. Nebraska: 399
2. Syracuse: 371
3. Ole Miss: 344
4. Tennessee: 342
5. Kentucky: 331
6. Louisville: 318
7. Iowa State: 308
8. Indiana: 300

I wish you all the best, but I sure hope you all keep some perspective and let results speak for themselves...over the long-term. Best of luck this season.
Just stfu, once again loser Iowa fan runs his mouth about Nebraska football on a Husker message board. Husker fans can have whatever clocking expectations they want, it doesn't concern you at all. The 2017 UFC defense more than held it's own against a very good Auburn offense and won a major bowl. In 2 years at UFC SF has as many big-time bowl wins as Liowa has had since pre JFK, if you want to talk about being irrelevant. Your BS reaks of fear and jealosy. Don't go away mad, just to away. #GBMFRforever
Lol

I didn't bother to read the article since I know what is the truth just from watching the games myself. Kirk is good for Iowa and what they can accomplish as a program. Scott Frost is a young head coach that is coming off an undefeated season and runs a modern offense that will average over 40 points a game during his time here. Kirk still runs a smash mouth offense with a full back. Same with WI.

Frost will eventually dominant this division and will take over Midwest recruiting west of Chicago as he takes over the division.

One in the past 24 years. That’s even less relevant than the video your friend posted earlier in this thread. Keep living in the past boys. Good luck this season!

Frost is the present and future. He is already restoring order and bringing back the things that allowed dominance from the late 60's to the early 2000's.

All I ask out of Iowa is to beat WI now and then. I hate Wisky fans - cocky as f' for a program that has never won a national title.

DJK got kicked off the team! He would have still been a starter in good standing at Nebby. Heck the whole thing would have been swept under the rug at Nebby.

So that's your first post? Essentially, "Our bad Iowa guy would be a good guy at Nebraska because Nebraska is so, so bad."

You really got us there, Bloody. A slight variation on my dad would beat up your dad, but just as effective. You've really got us hanging on the edge of our seats for post #2.

We may be the dumbest, but we do know right from WRONG. Domestic assault, rape, rampant steroid use, quite a laundry list for your team. The end justifies the means in the land of Nowledge.
Tiresome talking points.

So that's your first post? Essentially, "Our bad Iowa guy would be a good guy at Nebraska because Nebraska is so, so bad."

You really got us there, Bloody. A slight variation on my dad would beat up your dad, but just as effective. You've really got us hanging on the edge of our seats for post #2.
First post in 15 years as a member. Simply amazing.

This may be my favorite post ever. Concise and to the point. It very neatly describes nearly every Iowa fan I’ve ever met.

This thread really has them coming out of the woodwork. Of course, if I posted on the Iowa board, that would be my first post there too. Not going to happen though, because I don't care enough to look at, let alone post on, another team's message board.
Is that how the post counts work? I only post here and the baseball board, but I guess that would make sense. Learned something new about these boards.

Is that how the post counts work? I only post here and the baseball board, but I guess that would make sense. Learned something new about these boards.

Someone else can confirm, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works. It would certainly explain why we're seeing so many 10+ year members with singular post counts. Still, if I was going to post on another team's board, I'd make sure my first post out of the gate made some kind of impression other than obstinate child.

Maybe I should go post on the Iowa board to find out. Smokin

Someone else can confirm, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works. It would certainly explain why we're seeing so many 10+ year members with singular post counts. Still, if I was going to post on another team's board, I'd make sure my first post out of the gate made some kind of impression other than obstinate child.

Maybe I should go post on the Iowa board to find out. Smokin

You’d have to start a new thread I assume. The way the Iowa fans flock to this place like flies on sh!t, I assume there are zero threads worth getting involved in over there. Just another reason why Iowa sucks.

This may be my favorite post ever. Concise and to the point. It very neatly describes nearly every Iowa fan I’ve ever met.

Nice try to discredit me, but you know I could keep going forever. It's my first post because a few months ago your mods would have banned me.

Last edited:
Nice try to discredit me, but I coul

Nice try to discredit me, but you know I could keep going forever. It's my first post because a few months ago your mods would have banned me.
What are you talking about? What has changed in the last few months that now you feel like you can post? You’re trolling is subpar, and you’re not making much sense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT