ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking Bad...HABITS! GOULET!

DudznSudz

Senior
Feb 4, 2016
Good morning, all,

My thoughts on the state of the program and what we can expect going forward:

1.) I think things are going to turn around for Frost in Year 2. I think this year is going to be nothing but punishing losses for a while. Look at what we have left, and I give my prediction next to it:

Michigan - L (but perhaps closely fought)
Purdue - 50/50. I think we win this, but they're a lot better than they used to be.
Wisconsin - L, but like Michigan ,we might make this a game.
Northwestern - W. I don't think they're that good.
Minnesota - W. Same.
Ohio State - L. A big, nasty one, but I bet we don't get "blown out" and I bet they have to punt a few times.
Illinois - W.
Michigan state - 50/50. We could possibly win this if things are clicking by this point.
Iowa - W. I don't think Iowa is very good either.

So, we could see 6 wins still if things reaaaaally start going our way more. But, we could als osee as few as 3 wins. Easily.

Why I am not worried: It's a brand new coaching regime, new schemes, and dealing with players that may not be the best for what they're doing and may have experienced too much demoralizing loss.

2.) Frost was a highly sought-after coach. A lot of the other big name coaches are losing a lot this year, too. I think the guy needs years to build us up to the level we seek to achieve regularly.

Breaking Bad is the best show ever. EVERRRRRR!!!!

Reactions: maplesyrup95
Michigan - L (but perhaps closely fought)
Purdue - 50/50. I think we win this, but they're a lot better than they used to be.
Wisconsin - L, but like Michigan ,we might make this a game.
Northwestern - W. I don't think they're that good.
Minnesota - W. Same.
Ohio State - L. A big, nasty one, but I bet we don't get "blown out" and I bet they have to punt a few times.
Illinois - W.
Michigan state - 50/50. We could possibly win this if things are clicking by this point.
Iowa - W. I don't think Iowa is very good either.
First, "Breaking Bad" is, indeed, awesome.
Second, it's startling (but maybe not so surprising) to look at each matchup in terms of who plays QB for Nebraska, a healthy Adrian Martinez (HAM) or Andrew Bunch (AB). Granted, both will gain more experience as they play more and, we assume, improve. After all, neither had played a game in two years before each making his first start in our first two games. But let's look at each game with those two options (third option of a marginally healthy Martinez is too complex to figure out; we've seen three quarters of HAM and five quarters of AB, so let's go with those options):
Michigan: With HAM, we have a chance; with AB, probably not.
Purdue: With HAM, we are favored; with AB, probably not.
Wisconsin: With HAM, we have a chance; with AB, probably not.
Northwestern: With HAM, we are probably a slight favorite or pick 'em; with AB, we're a road underdog.
Minnesota: With HAM, we are favored; with AB, probably not.
OSU: With HAM, we're 20-point dogs; with AB, up to 30 or more.
Illinois: With HAM, we're solid favorites; with AB, favored, but not by much.
MSU: With HAM, we're slight underdogs; with AB, we're decided underdogs.
Iowa: With HAM, we're slight underdogs; with AB, we're decided underdogs.

So it's not too much to say the season's perceived success rests on a Healthy Adrian Martinez, and thanks to Jacob Callier of Colorado, we may never get to see that.

Reactions: SOHusker11
I totally agree. He's a game-changing talent. With him healthy for the rest of the season (*knock wood*), we could get to 6 wins. Without, no way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT