ADVERTISEMENT

Blaise Gunnerson...

this is Scott Frost's defense - he is the head coach and ultimately responsible for the defense

Scott Frost, as of 2018, is paying his defensive coordinator the 3rd highest salary amongst def coordinators in the conference and the highest salary of any assistant coach in the BIG other than Michigan or Ohio State (Penn State doesn't report)

not having faith in the defensive coordinator is essentially saying we do not have confidence in Frost operating in the capacity of a head coach as opposed to an over paid offensive coordinator

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant

I don't disagree that the defense is ultimately a reflection of Frost, which is why I found it bothersome at times last year when he would say things to the effect that the defense was not his department.

That said, this offense has never really been coupled with an elite defense, going back to Oregon before UCF, and while the reasons for that could be largely circumstantial, it is also clear that the offense handicaps the defense when it comes to time of possession. I suspect that figures into what Frost is willing to "settle" for in a defense, namely, a bend but don't break unit that is aggressive and may give up some big plays, but which ultimately wins the turnover battle and keeps the opposing team from scoring as many points as our offense.

Reactions: jlb321
The defense will be able to get stops this year. I have a ton of confidence in this.

Me 2. Front 3 is transformed, we have depth at DT, and Frost and Chin can plug and play with the best of em (see UCF improvement).

Count me impressed and one who doubted, but is optimistic this season on a BIG improvement for the Blackshirts. GBR

I don't disagree that the defense is ultimately a reflection of Frost, which is why I found it bothersome at times last year when he would say things to the effect that the defense was not his department.

That said, this offense has never really been coupled with an elite defense, going back to Oregon before UCF, and while the reasons for that could be largely circumstantial, it is also clear that the offense handicaps the defense when it comes to time of possession. I suspect that figures into what Frost is willing to "settle" for in a defense, namely, a bend but don't break unit that is aggressive and may give up some big plays, but which ultimately wins the turnover battle and keeps the opposing team from scoring as many points as our offense.

This scheme is risky. Its contingent upon forcing turnovers, and making big plays at or behind the line of scrimmage. Theoretically, its supposed to create additional possessions for the offense. Its always going to bleed yards, and the occasional big play. Here's why it did not work in year one at Nebraska:

1. The Huskers lacked a true Nose. This position is an integral part of any 3-4 scheme, but within Chinander's scheme, the run game is funneled through this behemoth. His job is to engage interior offensive linemen in hand to hand combat. This keeps them off the linebackers allowing them to attack downhill. Nebraska was often exposed in the run game because they had to move one of the Davis twins inside. Teams often isolated Mohammed Barry because they knew Dedrick Young couldn't ever fight off a block. If any player ever needed a run stopper in front of him, it was Dedrick Young.

2. In order for the pass rush to work beyond the blitz game or coverage sacks from the DE's in the 3-4, the Outside Linebackers need to create havoc off the edge. When Frost arrived, the absence of pass rushers on this roster was appalling. They realized Gifford, Domann and Ty Ferguson were their best options. Doman unfortunately got hurt prior to the season and wasn't able to play until late October. Ferguson was hurt during the Colorado game and made very little impact until the last month of the season. Alex Davis is a marginal Big Ten player despite nice measurables, and Caleb Tannor wasn't big enough yet to make an impact at this level.

3. The safeties need to be big and physical in run support. This was problematic for a couple of reasons in 2018. Aaron Williams was arguably the smallest starting safety in the Big Ten. Antonio Reed definitely had the necessary size and athleticism, but also had a 10 cent brain. He was a mental break down or a penalty waiting to happen. Tre Neal knew the scheme and was big enough, but simply not athletic enough for nearly a full season of Power 5 competition. Dismuke and Deontai Williams meet the necessary size and athleticism now... However, Deontai was new to the scheme and only arrived last Summer. He was behind until mid season when he started to play a lot. Dismuke also began to earn more reps later in the season, but Marquel's problem has always been weight gain. When he got to Lincoln he was 6'2 170. He will finally be closer to 210 when the season starts.

So how will the defense be improved in 2019?

1. - Derrion Daniels changes a lot up front. Its also year two of Damion Daniels who needed to get acclimated to Power 5 endurance.

2. You won't see the need for the Davis Twins to move inside as much, especially on run downs or goal line situations. Keep in mind the twins were also often exposed inside because they rarely got much rest on the outside.

3. There were a handful of games last season at times where the defensive front 7 played with only 10 viable players:
- Freedom
- Kahlil Davis
- Carlos Davis
- Ben Stille
- Alex Davis
- Dedrick Young
- Mo Barry
- Luke Gifford
- Caleb Tannor - freshman only played a few snaps per game
- Damion Daniels - freshman limited to maybe 10 to 12 snaps per game

Now they suddenly go with the following:

SDE - Ben Stille / Deontre Thomas/ Casey Rogers
NT - Derrion Daniels/ Damion Daniels/ Carlos Davis
WDE- Kahlil Davis/ Carlos Davis/ Tate Wildeman

*Jakheem Green (Yes, I do believe he ends up in Lincoln.)

SOLB - JoJo Doman/ Caleb Tannor/ Garret Nelson
WOLB - Ty Ferguson/ Alex Davis/ Jamin Green or Jordan Paup
ILB - Mo Barry/ Colin Miller
ILB - Will Honas/ Colin Miller or Jackson Hannah

4. The Safeties, Dismuke and Deontai, will be much more athletic and suited for this scheme. I am very effusive about this duo as they will both benefit from having a full year in this scheme with this coaching staff. Their predecessors didn't really have that luxury outside of Tre Neal, and Neal was not really a Big Ten caliber athlete.

If you want to see this defense do its job you will need to see the following:

- less than 23 points allowed per game.
- finish the season with 30+ sacks and more than 70+ tackles for loss.
- create at least 15 turnovers on the season.

Those three stats go hand in hand.

What you can't do with this scheme is the following:

- Fail to execute big passing plays (I'm looking at you Stanley Morgan- Mr. Dropsie).
- Give up huge plays scoring or big yardage on Special teams.
- commit dumb penalties creating negative yardage for your offense.
- commit turnovers deep inside your territory.

T

great breakdown -- thank you -- even with a better def line our LB play is a big ?

there is one guy on that 2 deep who has shown to be a power 5 LB - the rest are big unknowns

Doman and Honas had moments but did not consistently play at the required level - this may have been injury related but they are still unproven

Ferguson (Sr) and Miller(Jr), are upperclassmen and haven't yet been big contributors

I hope we see more 4 man fronts, as our LB grouping (preseason) may be among the poorest in the conference

Last edited:

I know any coach would be fine having a top 10 D. I don't think that is a top priority for Frost. This is just my opinion, but I think if Frosts D can get in that 20-40 range he would be ok with that. If anyone is expecting our D to consistently be in the top 20, is going to be frustrated and disappointed most years. Like I said I don't think he isn't trying for a top D. I just think he realized the strain his offense puts on his D and how unrealistic get a top 20 D is.
I think we are going to see many games where we put up 40+ and our opponents put something like 30. Especially against teams like Ohio St, Michigan. Now teams like Rutgers, Illinois, Maryland we might see scores like the old days of 60-17. Put it this way, I don't think he is too worried if the opposing offense scores over 20-30 points most games because his offense will be putting up 40 or more.

I know any coach would be fine having a top 10 D. I don't think that is a top priority for Frost. This is just my opinion, but I think if Frosts D can get in that 20-40 range he would be ok with that. If anyone is expecting our D to consistently be in the top 20, is going to be frustrated and disappointed most years. Like I said I don't think he isn't trying for a top D. I just think he realized the strain his offense puts on his D and how unrealistic get a top 20 D is.
I think we are going to see many games where we put up 40+ and our opponents put something like 30. Especially against teams like Ohio St, Michigan. Now teams like Rutgers, Illinois, Maryland we might see scores like the old days of 60-17. Put it this way, I don't think he is too worried if the opposing offense scores over 20-30 points most games because his offense will be putting up 40 or more.

His point has always been the fact that his offense plays at such a fast pace his defense ends up playing a lot more plays which makes it near impossible for his defense to rank high. It's just like basketball where "great" defensive teams many times are those that play to the end of the shot clock on offense every trip.

great breakdown -- thank you -- even with a better def line our LB play is a big ?

Doman and Honas had moments but did not consistently play at the required level - this may have been injury related but they are still unproven

Disagree here. Injuries really derailed their ability to produce. Both have a lot of playmaking ability. Anyone who watched Spring Practice in 2018 will tell you Jo Jo was the best defensive player. In the fall of 2018, Honas was really close to unseating Young.

But LB is still the weakest unit on this team. Trent Bray really set the defense back with the signings of Greg Simmons, Quayshon Alexander, Willie Hampton, Pernell Jefferson and Andrew Ward.

Disagree here. Injuries really derailed their ability to produce. Both have a lot of playmaking ability. Anyone who watched Spring Practice in 2018 will tell you Jo Jo was the best defensive player. In the fall of 2018, Honas was really close to unseating Young.

But LB is still the weakest unit on this team. Trent Bray really set the defense back with the signings of Greg Simmons, Quayshon Alexander, Willie Hampton, Pernell Jefferson and Andrew Ward.

fair points - by consistency I refer in part to the ability to be on the field - ie injuries - both have showed flashes

being "close" to unseating Young given Young's play last year does not give me a bunch of confidence - not saying he will not be OK I just want to see it. I haven't seen Doman - I hope he has developed to the point where he can be an every down LB - I think he was a bit undersized last year for run heavy teams

You are correct about Bray - but our recruiting the last 2 years at these positions, at least quantitatively, has been poor - we need more than 4 LB recruits in a 2 year span.

fair points - by consistency I refer in part to the ability to be on the field - ie injuries - both have showed flashes

being "close" to unseating Young given Young's play last year does not give me a bunch of confidence - not saying he will not be OK I just want to see it. I haven't seen Doman - I hope he has developed to the point where he can be an every down LB - I think he was a bit undersized last year for run heavy teams

You are correct about Bray - but our recruiting the last 2 years at these positions, at least quantitatively, has been poor - we need more than 4 LB recruits in a 2 year span.

My point about unseating Young was it almost happened by the beginning of the season... and Young had 37 career starts. Had Honas stayed healthy, I believe he would've unseated the guy by mid season.

Keep in mind Domann went down in the 1st quarter vs Colorado, and never returned until the Northwestern game. He never started playing significant minutes on defense until the Minnesota game. In two starts he accumulated 19 tackles, 2 tackles for loss, 1 sack, and two forced fumbles.

and you're preaching to the choir about LB help the next few recruiting cycle.

Reactions: jlb321

there is one guy on that 2 deep who has shown to be a power 5 LB - the rest are big unknowns

Ferguson and Miller are seniors, if they were high caliber players we would have seen it by now

I hope we see more 4 man fronts, as our LB grouping (preseason) may be among the poorest in the conference[/QUOTE

Miller is a junior who has moved around quite a bit. Started as a DE, moved to OLB, then to ILB then played both. Last year The staff settled on his position. He has been pretty solid in everything he has done with moments where he looks really good. Second year at the same position I think will do wonders. Ferguson has flashed a lot then gets derailed by injuries. I think stability helps both players.

Reactions: OriginalReej

thanks for the correction - Miller will be a junior - hopefully he has found a place to settle and will be a high producer

Reactions: jeans15
I'll be honest. ISU or Nebraska, doesn't matter, I'm surprised it hasn't been announced yet. Anyone else surprised?

Reactions: zoiker
Gunnerson just got a shitload of N forecasts! Woo!

Wiltfong just put in one for Watts to Nebraska, too, though he’s still favored to pick Notre Dame.

Interesting, since Wiltfong's site just interviewed Zavier Betts and he said he's pretty sure Watts is going to Notre Dame.

Yeah, 5.6 3 star is ridiculous on him. It’s only because he’s an Iowa high schooler. Put him out west or down south and he’s an easy 4 star.
True, small town Iowa does not lend itself to getting noticed in the recruiting world, but he also missed his junior season due to injury. That and the fact that most schools figured (correctly) that it was a long shot to get him away from Iowa State. Nebraska went after him anyway and the "long shot" may just come in.

Now apparently Notre Dame has gotten word of how good he looked at camp....

Reactions: huskerssalts
True, small town Iowa does not lend itself to getting noticed in the recruiting world, but he also missed his junior season due to injury. That and the fact that most schools figured (correctly) that it was a long shot to get him away from Iowa State. Nebraska went after him anyway and the "long shot" may just come in.

Now apparently Notre Dame has gotten word of how good he looked at camp....

Screw Notre Dame.

2 more for Gunnerson just now to NU. That makes it 83% N, 17% ISU.

WOO HOO!

As for Watts, if the kid really likes Notre Dame, go to Notre Dame! Who cares? A good receiver is a good receiver, but it won't make or break the class getting him. In my opinion, Betts is going to be a way bigger deal.

Well, there is a big difference between different D's that all attack. Just sending everyone in an uncontrolled way seems like attacking but it is more like guessing and hoping you guess right. When you don't, you get severely burned.

Hell, we were getting severely burned when we weren't attacking.
I think we need a good ins

WOO HOO!

As for Watts, if the kid really likes Notre Dame, go to Notre Dame! Who cares? A good receiver is a good receiver, but it won't make or break the class getting him. In my opinion, Betts is going to be a way bigger deal.

I agree, we already have 2 receivers in a class of 6. I, like most on this board, want to see some good LBs and 2 or 3 DBs.
It's time for all our "speedy" receivers to learn how to run routes and catch the damn ball!

WOO HOO!

Agreed there. We can find a number of Watts type WRs out there. Like you said, we got Betts and he’s going to be that “IT” WR that we will have trouble finding another one like. So along as we get B Gunnerson and lose Watts....I’d be fine with that. ;)

Hell, we were getting severely burned when we weren't attacking.
I recall it the other way. During mid season, Chin started limiting the aggressiveness to some degree and would only dial it up at certain points in the game, and things started getting better.

The first half of the season was total aggression, and we got burned badly.

I find this attitude that losing an instate top level WR prospect kind of weird. Maybe it's just a coping mechanism for a kid that we feel will likely go elsewhere, but logically I don't get it. We have very little proven talent at WR in an offense that needs talent at WR. There's a kid that can go almost anywhere in the country 50 miles from campus in a state that struggles to produce WR talent. I'm happy we have Betts, but I want Watts as well. We need all the help we can get.

Also, I heard a rumor that Betts has some work to do to qualify. Not sure if that's true or not.

I find this attitude that losing an instate top level WR prospect kind of weird. Maybe it's just a coping mechanism for a kid that we feel will likely go elsewhere, but logically I don't get it. We have very little proven talent at WR in an offense that needs talent at WR. There's a kid that can go almost anywhere in the country 50 miles from campus in a state that struggles to produce WR talent. I'm happy we have Betts, but I want Watts as well. We need all the help we can get.

Also, I heard a rumor that Betts has some work to do to qualify. Not sure if that's true or not.

It’s not a coping mechanism at all. We all would love to have Watts pick and sign with the Huskers. But if we couldn’t get a certain WR, it’s Watts. There are a ton of WRs like him out there. You can find a number of Watts type WRs all over the country and but you can’t find many Betts type WRs. And we got Betts locked up...so it’s like, if Watts just won’t go Huskers...then we go out and find another WR like him. But trust me...I’d bet ever free board member (and paying ones) would love to have Watts. But we can’t make him pick us unfortunately.

This scheme is risky. Its contingent upon forcing turnovers, and making big plays at or behind the line of scrimmage. Theoretically, its supposed to create additional possessions for the offense. Its always going to bleed yards, and the occasional big play. Here's why it did not work in year one at Nebraska:

1. The Huskers lacked a true Nose. This position is an integral part of any 3-4 scheme, but within Chinander's scheme, the run game is funneled through this behemoth. His job is to engage interior offensive linemen in hand to hand combat. This keeps them off the linebackers allowing them to attack downhill. Nebraska was often exposed in the run game because they had to move one of the Davis twins inside. Teams often isolated Mohammed Barry because they knew Dedrick Young couldn't ever fight off a block. If any player ever needed a run stopper in front of him, it was Dedrick Young.

2. In order for the pass rush to work beyond the blitz game or coverage sacks from the DE's in the 3-4, the Outside Linebackers need to create havoc off the edge. When Frost arrived, the absence of pass rushers on this roster was appalling. They realized Gifford, Domann and Ty Ferguson were their best options. Doman unfortunately got hurt prior to the season and wasn't able to play until late October. Ferguson was hurt during the Colorado game and made very little impact until the last month of the season. Alex Davis is a marginal Big Ten player despite nice measurables, and Caleb Tannor wasn't big enough yet to make an impact at this level.

3. The safeties need to be big and physical in run support. This was problematic for a couple of reasons in 2018. Aaron Williams was arguably the smallest starting safety in the Big Ten. Antonio Reed definitely had the necessary size and athleticism, but also had a 10 cent brain. He was a mental break down or a penalty waiting to happen. Tre Neal knew the scheme and was big enough, but simply not athletic enough for nearly a full season of Power 5 competition. Dismuke and Deontai Williams meet the necessary size and athleticism now... However, Deontai was new to the scheme and only arrived last Summer. He was behind until mid season when he started to play a lot. Dismuke also began to earn more reps later in the season, but Marquel's problem has always been weight gain. When he got to Lincoln he was 6'2 170. He will finally be closer to 210 when the season starts.

So how will the defense be improved in 2019?

1. - Derrion Daniels changes a lot up front. Its also year two of Damion Daniels who needed to get acclimated to Power 5 endurance.

2. You won't see the need for the Davis Twins to move inside as much, especially on run downs or goal line situations. Keep in mind the twins were also often exposed inside because they rarely got much rest on the outside.

3. There were a handful of games last season at times where the defensive front 7 played with only 10 viable players:
- Freedom
- Kahlil Davis
- Carlos Davis
- Ben Stille
- Alex Davis
- Dedrick Young
- Mo Barry
- Luke Gifford
- Caleb Tannor - freshman only played a few snaps per game
- Damion Daniels - freshman limited to maybe 10 to 12 snaps per game

Now they suddenly go with the following:

SDE - Ben Stille / Deontre Thomas/ Casey Rogers
NT - Derrion Daniels/ Damion Daniels/ Carlos Davis
WDE- Kahlil Davis/ Carlos Davis/ Tate Wildeman

*Jakheem Green (Yes, I do believe he ends up in Lincoln.)

4. The Safeties, Dismuke and Deontai, will be much more athletic and suited for this scheme. I am very effusive about this duo as they will both benefit from having a full year in this scheme with this coaching staff. Their predecessors didn't really have that luxury outside of Tre Neal, and Neal was not really a Big Ten caliber athlete.

If you want to see this defense do its job you will need to see the following:

- less than 23 points allowed per game.
- finish the season with 30+ sacks and more than 70+ tackles for loss.
- create at least 15 turnovers on the season.

Those three stats go hand in hand.

What you can't do with this scheme is the following:

- Fail to execute big passing plays (I'm looking at you Stanley Morgan- Mr. Dropsie).
- Give up huge plays scoring or big yardage on Special teams.
- commit dumb penalties creating negative yardage for your offense.
- commit turnovers deep inside your territory.

Excellent post sir! Very well stated.

However, for my priority #1, "somehow" the blackshirts giving up endless 3rd & long 1st downs simply needs to massively improve. I'm hoping for the best!

Solid work Corn. I thought the defense improved in the back half of the season even in the face of it's personnel deficiencies. Depth on the Dline is markedly improved, at least on paper. LB is still iffy, although I think Jojo and Caleb can be solid. Still lacking a difference maker on the other side, but hopefully Ferg can be steady enough to hold serve. Corner features two guys who have played a lot and will benefit from improved line play.

And that’s just it. You can go look up teams that have offenses close to or like Frosts and you won’t find many, if any, in the top 25 in defense...heck...top 30 in defense. Offenses like ours will put our defense on the field constantly and give the other teams a ton more snaps. Naturally, overall defensive ranks will never be great under Frost. Just as long as he’s getting those TOs or stopping TDs like they shoot for...our offense will win us games.

Reactions: HuskerPam

Some think it is likely that Betts will end up at a Juco.

I'm reminded of an earlier write up from Hail Varsity about....iowa of all things.
No, the article didnt suck, but, they went on about iowas offense, and how play calling,style etc were meant to protect their defense, the old field position game.
This is not what this staff wants, nor do, but just like our 3-4, don't be surprised to see an occasional 4-3 or even a 3-3-5, and, them play time of possesion,field position etc, in some games.
Good job Cornicator, you nailed it.

FWIW...a small article write up on Z Betts and a direct quote from Z Betts.

“Betts’ recruitment is over. He’s ready to put pen to paper, get to campus, and start putting in the work to get Nebraska back on top. Huskers fans should be equally as fired up about his future in Lincoln.”

Z Betts direct quotes
"I probably will sign early in December," said Betts, who won’t be enrolling early. “I’m going to run track. I'll enroll in the summer."

I honestly don’t see anything in this all write up on him showing any worries about making to campus and being a Husker come next summer...you’d THINK there would have been something in there about needing a little extra school work to make it if he wasn’t able too. Sounds pretty confident to me. GBR

Edited...I found it. Here’s his direct quotes on his academics “I don’t have the ACT score yet, and I am going to take the ACT as much as possible in the next year,” he said. “I am pulling the grades up now because I am retaking some things so that part shouldn’t be an issue.”

I mean no harm. I just get tired of hearing “Oh he’s juco bound” and all those comments when it’s mostly coming from hear say or hearing it from a message board or someone not even close to the situation. Sounds like he just needs to get his ACT score right and he will be golden. (Note the quote I posted from him about his academic issue/s). The school he’s at, if he takes advantage of the resources there...there’s no way he won’t get the score needed. Not with the extra work he’s putting in.

Last edited:
FWIW...a small article write up on Z Betts and a direct quote from Z Betts.

“Betts’ recruitment is over. He’s ready to put pen to paper, get to campus, and start putting in the work to get Nebraska back on top. Huskers fans should be equally as fired up about his future in Lincoln.”

Z Betts direct quotes
"I probably will sign early in December," said Betts, who won’t be enrolling early. “I’m going to run track. I'll enroll in the summer."

I honestly don’t see anything in this all write up on him showing any worries about making to campus and being a Husker come next summer...you’d THINK there would have been something in there about needing a little extra school work to make it if he wasn’t able too. Sounds pretty confident to me. GBR

Edited...I found it. Here’s his direct quotes on his academics “I don’t have the ACT score yet, and I am going to take the ACT as much as possible in the next year,” he said. “I am pulling the grades up now because I am retaking some things so that part shouldn’t be an issue.”

I mean no harm. I just get tired of hearing “Oh he’s juco bound” and all those comments when it’s mostly coming from hear say or hearing it from a message board or someone not even close to the situation. Sounds like he just needs to get his ACT score right and he will be golden. (Note the quote I posted from him about his academic issue/s). The school he’s at, if he takes advantage of the resources there...there’s no way he won’t get the score needed. Not with the extra work he’s putting in.

Good deal. Dude tore it up at the opening!

Excellent post sir! Very well stated.

However, for my priority #1, "somehow" the blackshirts giving up endless 3rd & long 1st downs simply needs to massively improve. I'm hoping for the best!

The defense is supposed to thrive on 3rd and long. That's where it forces opponents into mistakes, but the pass rush is the difference maker.

Yes sir, that makes good sense. A couple of T. Farley clones would be nice!

We may be pleasantly surprised with T Ferguson... and JoJo is a baller. Ferg was doing well before injury last year.
Tannor going into 2nd year could really emerge. My guess is those guys will show us a better pass rush than what we’ve been seeing, with a much improved DL wreaking havoc in the middle. I also don’t rule out the young G Nelson getting out there and making some magic mullet plays. His motor will be relentless.

Reactions: SOHusker11
We may be pleasantly surprised with T Ferguson... and JoJo is a baller. Ferg was doing well before injury last year.
Tannor going into 2nd year could really emerge. My guess is those guys will show us a better pass rush than what we’ve been seeing, with a much improved DL wreaking havoc in the middle. I also don’t rule out the young G Nelson getting out there and making some magic mullet plays. His motor will be relentless.

Oh yeah, JoJo is an animal & could be great if healthy. Tannor might be the real deal.....excellent! My guess is pretty close to yours sir. How "much" they improve this year is sadly way over my head & I'm simply clueless. It'll be fun to see though!

Reactions: HominidHusker
Oh yeah, JoJo is an animal & could be great if healthy. Tannor might be the real deal.....excellent! My guess is pretty close to yours sir. How "much" they improve this year is sadly way over my head & I'm simply clueless. It'll be fun to see though!
Jojo is a kid that has a nose for the football and was picked to be a valuable player for NU before his knee injuries. Caleb had a long offer list including Auburn, LSU, the Gators, FSU, Georgia, Mich State, Ole Miss, Miss St and TN. I think NU will be good on that side of the field.

Jojo is a kid that has a nose for the football and was picked to be a valuable player for NU before his knee injuries. Caleb had a long offer list including Auburn, LSU, the Gators, FSU, Georgia, Mich State, Ole Miss, Miss St and TN. I think NU will be good on that side of the field.

My worry is depth, not the talent level of the current players. I think Tannor and Domann are good or will be good, but other than them and Ferguson, it really drops off after that.

Reactions: scarletred
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT