ADVERTISEMENT

Banker Gone

I would hope that he brings in someone who knows what it takes to win in the B1G... I guess that wasn't banker, but who will it be?

I surprisingly liked Banker. Thought his defense was continually improving.......then Ohio St happened and it kind of went down hill bad over the remainder of the season. Probably signs of more things to come. Hard to tell. I'm not heart broken over him being gone. Only wonder how this affects the next 3 weeks. Long term this will be great for program as long as they make the right decision for the new DC. You know how that's gone for us over the last 15 years....

OWH has now reported it so it appears to be entirely legit. I wonder how much the slide in recruiting has factored into Riley's decision that something needs to be done to shake up the staff and get some new energy. The DW hiring has NOT had that effect on recruiting, at least to date.

OWH has now reported it so it appears to be entirely legit. I wonder how much the slide in recruiting has factored into Riley's decision that something needs to be done to shake up the staff and get some new energy. The DW hiring has NOT had that effect on recruiting, at least to date.
I suspect that this went down before we hired our DB coach. So the recruiting was more a result of what was going to happen versus recruiting causing the departures.

Reactions: TwinsRRUs

DW was hired the week before the Dead Period started, I will judge him based on the 18 class.

As for Banker and recruitin---this is his third recruiting class and NU and he has been the lead recruiter for ZERO commits/signees.

Kind of interesting that Banker didn't just get moved down to Stewarts spot.

One name of note.. now that NY is out of the playoffs, wonder if Riley had Billy Devaney take a run at Spagnuolo.

looks like a good chance he is going to get the cal head coaching job

You're going to get the Cal coaching job......

I heard him and the Navy coach (I don't want to take a stab at spelling it) were in the running. So I doubt we get him because I think (hope) we have somebody already lined up.

Reactions: studed
For the sake of throwing names out there:

Phil Snow - was a temple now Baylor #3 total defense in 16
Dave Huxtable - nc state #24
Dave Dugan - southern miss #15

Long shot
Rocky Long - hc San Diego state #11

Did Coach Banker have a good contract? Things happen but curious if he lands on his feet? Loved his press conferences.

You're going to get the Cal coaching job......

I heard him and the Navy coach (I don't want to take a stab at spelling it) were in the running. So I doubt we get him because I think (hope) we have somebody already lined up.
yep on the cal boards those are the 2 names. a lot of them think they keep the oc and wilcox helps fix the defense

I liked Banker's interviews but really don't think he related to kids very well. Remember Gerry's comments about him being "out there?"
We need young talented energy that relates to recruits.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT