ADVERTISEMENT

Bama v Cats

Well, there is no way to prove it of course, but I’m quite sure that a 2 loss Bama team would be , at the very minimum, a pick ‘em against Michigan on a neutral, nice weather field. That money would be even easier than the silly 7.5 line put on this one. Maybe I’m basing it on talent and year over year dominance, as opposed to Bama losing to 2 top 10 SEC teams. Close wins are irrelevant. Michigan barely beat Maryland and Illinois but those are still wins.

I guess there is no way to know.

But going off the current rankings. LSU is #16, not top 10. Bama played one top 10 team in UT and lost. Michigan played two. They beat OSU by 22 and PSU by 24.

I just don’t think this Bama team is the same as the Bama teams we are used to the past decade or so. Although I am loving this beat down of the Mildcats.

Perhaps, just perhaps, it is harder than you think it is? Hmm.
In today's game - NIL/transfers, overall parity, etc., I believe it's definitely difficult.

And I also believe that Scott Frost is a sandbagging piece of polesmoking shit.

I agree but Michigan could at least cause them problems. Give them an ace QB and they would be right there.
Maybe. Funny thing is, the expanded playoff is going to give more teams and conferences opportunities to win a title, but that also adds 1-3 more potentially dominating SEC teams to the mix. Can you imagine trying to go through, Tenn as 10-12 seed, bama a 5-8 seed, then UGA at a 1-2 seed. Lol. Brutal and it’s going to have to happen.

There is no better way to compete with the monsters of the big ten west than to commit to be being a development program

The KSU blue print is the way to go

In today's game - NIL/transfers, overall parity, etc., I believe it's definitely difficult.

And I also believe that Scott Frost is a sandbagging piece of polesmoking shit.
tenor.png

I was thinking the same thing. So far the B12 is 1-5 in bowl games, and assuming KSU doesn’t come up with some miracle in the 4th the conference will drop to 1-6. I have a feeling TCU is going to struggle against Michigan and if so that’s going to shed a really nasty light on how far behind the B12 is against the rest of the P5.
It's only going to get worse when Texass and Oklahoma leave the Big 12.

It's only going to get worse when Texass and Oklahoma leave the Big 12.
Yup. And the additions of Cincy, Houston, BYU and UCF are not looking all that great. Cincy got boat raced by Louisville, UCF got hammers by Duke, BYU barely pulled out a win over SMU and Houston didn’t exactly wow anyone against Louisiana. And with Fickel leaving Cincy I have a feeling they will struggle in the Big 12.

Reactions: moralvictories
I’m just posting here to say I’m happy Bama boatraced them.

Anytime a Big 12 team loses, that is a good thing in my book.

Maybe. Funny thing is, the expanded playoff is going to give more teams and conferences opportunities to win a title, but that also adds 1-3 more potentially dominating SEC teams to the mix. Can you imagine trying to go through, Tenn as 10-12 seed, bama a 5-8 seed, then UGA at a 1-2 seed. Lol. Brutal and it’s going to have to happen.
Could happen. In that scenario TN is on the road, and possibly they end up playing each other before the final game.

So in other words, BCS, playoffs and all the other rigamarole don’t mean a thing. Still having the same arguments as before. They haven’t fixed a thing.

So in other words, BCS, playoffs and all the other rigamarole don’t mean a thing. Still having the same arguments as before. They haven’t fixed a thing.
Fixed what? Make the best teams in the nation not good at football? There isn’t a fix for that.

I guess there is no way to know.

But going off the current rankings. LSU is #16, not top 10. Bama played one top 10 team in UT and lost. Michigan played two. They beat OSU by 22 and PSU by 24.

I just don’t think this Bama team is the same as the Bama teams we are used to the past decade or so. Although I am loving this beat down of the Mildcats.
I agree this Bama team isn’t the same as years past. (I also don’t think OSU is as good as years past, but we will see soon.) But Bama did just get another “top 10” win in crushing current #9 K-state. There is no way to know this either, but do many people really think Mich would do as well or better than Bama with Bama’s schedule this year? I don’t.

I agree this Bama team isn’t the same as years past. (I also don’t think OSU is as good as years past, but we will see soon.) But Bama did just get another “top 10” win in crushing current #9 K-state. There is no way to know this either, but do many people really think Mich would do as well or better than Bama with Bama’s schedule this year? I don’t.
No chance

Reactions: MissoulaHusker
There is no better way to compete with the monsters of the big ten west than to commit to be being a development program

The KSU blue print is the way to go
Being a development program while recruiting better than KSU seems like a good recipe for NU.

Being a development program while recruiting better than KSU seems like a good recipe for NU.

I’ve never understood the whole “developmental program” thing. It doesn’t make any sense. Recruiting and developing aren’t an either/or. Schools like Alabama and Ohio State are developing players too. I think the whole “developmental program” thing is just something the Iowa’s of the world say to feel better about themselves.

I’ve never understood the whole “developmental program” thing. It doesn’t make any sense. Recruiting and developing aren’t an either/or. Schools like Alabama and Ohio State are developing players too. I think the whole “developmental program” thing is just something the Iowa’s of the world say to feel better about themselves.

Trev said we need to become a (premier) development program -

Reactions: headcard
Trev said we need to become a (premier) development program -

I would agree we need to develop players better, and I look forward to having a coach with a track record for developing, but do not get the idea that only some programs are emphasizing developing or that recruiting and developing are mutually exclusive.

Reactions: Redmich
The best programs recruit the best talent and then develop those talented players. The higher the starting point in the talent, the greater the margin for the development.

Looking at the new staff, looks to have a nice blend of bringing in the talent with developing that talent.

KSU more development for sure while Alabama starts with a high margin for damn sure and does develop as well.

I've said a version of this before, and it went over like a turd in the punch bowl, but here goes anyway: I'm so jealous of K-State I could puke. They are among the small handful of teams that I look at and say, "If the kitties can win double digits and play on New Years Day, there's zero reason that Nebraska shouldn't be doing the same." I hate Scott Frost, he made it look a lot harder than it really is.
Go join em. Go on. Get over there lol

Basically means you have a good coach but not enough talent to win the whole thing, so a 4 loss season like KSU had is the ceiling. Cope

Reactions: headcard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT