ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Tournament....

So now the other semi-final is probably going to postponed until tomorrow?

So who is the genius that decided all the games today had to have a full hour between them? Will probably work to NU's advantage, but seems really stupid.

Okay, I was thinking the same exact thing...how freaking long is this tourney???

I think OSU and Minnesota will be rightfully pissed, having to play the morning of the final. Just no Earthly reason there needed to be a full hour between games. Give the grounds crew 20-30 minutes to re-work the infield and go.
It always amazes me how games in HS can get played, pretty much back to back, with little or no delay, where the dude cleaning the field is 75 years old or an asst coach...but for some reason these guys need 4 hours.

I will never be president of the Erstad Fan Club, but I'm ready to call this a very successful tournament. Will be great if NU can close the deal tomorrow and win the trophy, but either way they've played well this week and given the fan base something to get excited about.

That Michigan punk still talking shit . Nate Fisher gave him a shove. Walk on home boy!! GBR!!
Michigan always acts like the other team had some nerve even showing up for the game, when they were clearly entitled to win it. And all day long the BTN talking heads seemed to be joining right in.

Now the story will be that they lost because Jordan Brewer was hurt. Brewer is a very good player, but he's not the reason their pitching staff gave up a gazillion walks in this last game.

"The Big Show" coming up on BTN - wonder if they will all be in tears?

Still wish Alta Villa would have waved at him at the end of the game and said "Bye bye, have a safe trip home," or even blown him a kiss or something to get him really pissed.

Michigan always acts like the other team had some nerve even showing up for the game, when they were clearly entitled to win it. And all day long the BTN talking heads seemed to be joining right in.

Now the story will be that they lost because Jordan Brewer was hurt. Brewer is a very good player, but he's not the reason their pitching staff gave up a gazillion walks in this last game.

"The Big Show" coming up on BTN - wonder if they will all be in tears?
We won the series last weekend with him in the lineup

Reactions: OzzyLvr and schuele
I'll root for Ohio state in the early game. Iowa, Michigan, and then the Buckeyes would be icing on the cake.

Is it just me or has it looked like the attendance has sucked?
Kinda tough to get people to show up for an "if necessary" game on a Holiday weekend. I thought it was a pretty good crowd considering that.

I hope it's in the 18K to 20K range tomorrow, but never know with the time change.

Im gonna catch heat for this but here we go.

I cant stand watching these huskers play baseball.

How many times are they gonna throw the bat? And after a walk? Can they be any more childish?

That number 7 is a little too douchey for me, too. Even before the recent episode. Stay in the dugout.

These guys dont know how to win, act like youve been there before.
Never saw this kind of behavior from the nebraska teams that were actually good.

Ok, hammer me homers.
Ever since the Northwestern series, the team has generally not given a damn about how they look. Good or bad, that's when I noticed it.

But I agree, there is some childish stuff going on when we have success. Started with Chick (29), Hallmark (2), and Schwellenbach (1) a few weeks ago from what I could tell, and Altavilla (7, captain) doesn't help.

So now the other semi-final is probably going to be postponed until tomorrow?

So who is the genius that decided all the games today had to have a full hour between them? Will probably work to NU's advantage, but seems really stupid.
They probably didn't expect a pair of 4-hour games.

This tournament wasn't nearly as mismanaged as the one in Bloomington 2 years ago. They didn't start games until 10am because they figured they could make up the time by not having to chalk the field. They will make all other tournaments look good.

Im gonna catch heat for this but here we go.

I cant stand watching these huskers play baseball.

How many times are they gonna throw the bat? And after a walk? Can they be any more childish?

That number 7 is a little too douchey for me, too. Even before the recent episode. Stay in the dugout.

These guys dont know how to win, act like youve been there before.
Never saw this kind of behavior from the nebraska teams that were actually good.

Ok, hammer me homers.
They kinda haven't. It's taken 5 years to finally not shit the bed in the tournament.

I think OSU and Minnesota will be rightfully pissed, having to play the morning of the final. Just no Earthly reason there needed to be a full hour between games. Give the grounds crew 20-30 minutes to re-work the infield and go.
A couple OSU players were sitting in my row during tonight's game and couldn't believe how long everything was taking. Already exhausted anyway having played 4 games in 4 days (with one split suspended and resumed across days due to weather), they were just ho-hum about it and didn't have the energy to get worked up: it is what it is.

They probably didn't expect a pair of 4-hour games.

This tournament wasn't nearly as mismanaged as the one in Bloomington 2 years ago. They didn't start games until 10am because they figured they could make up the time by not having to chalk the field. They will make all other tournaments look good.
Well the Big Ten can't control the weather or the length of games, but the one thing that can be controlled is the time between games. So why rigidly cling to the full hour?

Reactions: saluno22
I’ll eat crow!
Good job Erstad!

Gotta give him props, although I still say that allowing Eddins to give up 7 runs in the 1st inning in the first game, and not yanking him after 3 or 4 runs, was just giving the game away. Not to mention that it seemed to damage the confidence of the team during that game, and may even in the 2nd game to a degree.

Kinda tough to get people to show up for an "if necessary" game on a Holiday weekend. I thought it was a pretty good crowd considering that.

I hope it's in the 18K to 20K range tomorrow, but never know with the time change.
Plus the shocking turn of events that saw Iowa exiting the tournament early. Let's hope Hawkeye fans are able to sell their championship game tickets on the secondary market.

As for those "Kicking Down the Door" T-shirts - those will probably have to be donated to charity.

Plus the shocking turn of events that saw Iowa exiting the tournament early. Let's hope Hawkeye fans are able to sell their championship game tickets on the secondary market.

As for those "Kicking Down the Door" T-shirts - those will probably have to be donated to charity.
Naw the football team will wear them

Blomgren is a sore loserman plain and simple. His coach needs to show him what sportsmanship is all about. Welcome Michigan to Nebraska domination again...
Angelo needs to grow up himself. He gave the guy a little"extra" on the fist bump in the lineup. He knew it would get a reaction. I like the way the guy plays but he needs to cool it just a little with the other team's players.

Gotta give him props, although I still say that allowing Eddins to give up 7 runs in the 1st inning in the first game, and not yanking him after 3 or 4 runs, was just giving the game away. Not to mention that it seemed to damage the confidence of the team during that game, and may even in the 2nd game to a degree.
Pretty tough to get somebody to the bull pen in the 1st inning and get them warmed up in time to prevent those last 4 runs. On top of that Eddins has a history of being shakey early then being able to pull out of it. I'm sure they thought he would settle down and they hoped they didn't have to burn their bull pen. I also think they were sure they could put up some runs on Michigan's starter. Always easy to second guess.

Reactions: saluno22
This guy isn't going anywhere...

31ERSTAD3-articleLarge.jpg

ncaa_u_estrad01_400.jpg

Pretty tough to get somebody to the bull pen in the 1st inning and get them warmed up in time to prevent those last 4 runs. On top of that Eddins has a history of being shakey early then being able to pull out of it. I'm sure they thought he would settle down and they hoped they didn't have to burn their bull pen. I also think they were sure they could put up some runs on Michigan's starter. Always easy to second guess.

I can see why you say that...since it worked out so well for us in the end. 18-8. :rolleyes: It doesn't take a couple innings to warm up a pitcher.

You don't EVER allow a team to get that much momentum to start a game. Spotting them a 7-run lead was ridiculous.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT