ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Tournament....

That would have been a nice leadoff walk, if only the inside corner hadn’t grown by six inches.

After mashing the ball all week...what a highly disappointing performance today. Ohio State barely made the B1G Tourney, and all of a sudden their pitching is unhittable? Just horrible at the plate today. In front of 18K Nebraska fans, we can't hit squat and completely shit our pants.

Nice tourney run but garbage performance in front of the home fans. I'm so sick OSUsucks. Surprise surprise they got some calls and we didn't but geezus NU still pissed away opportunity after opportunity.

Reactions: SC_'sker
I have a tendency to believe that there would be more fans at these games, but their not buying into Erstads and his coaching

I have a tendency to believe that there would be more fans at these games, but their not buying into Erstads and his coaching
I agree that there hasn’t been much excitement around the NU program, but today’s crowd was over 17,000 - second-largest of the year in college baseball. Not as good during the week, but weather contributed to that.

Tie goes to runner, correct? Higher seed gets home, correct? What else has changed in baseball since I played?
Home/Away is determined by the number of times a team has been the home team in the tournament. If there's a tie, then the higher seed is the home team.

I'm fine with it as how many advantages should be given based on seeding? Once you're in the field, everything should be as equal as possible. Using seeding as a tiebreaker for Home/Away designation makes sense in that regard rather than just saying the higher seed is always the home team.

Sorry for having the audacity to discuss Nebraska athletics on a Husker message board. If it would be more appropriate, we could all get completely sh--faced and post thousands of music videos that nobody watches.

But what about the questions I ask? I'm not trying to be an asshole.

The fact is, Nebraska baseball isn't better unless we improve our staff and Erstad is a legacy beast.

Period.

GBR

darin-erstad-1313.jpg

Would not surprise me to see Ohio State bump Michigan out of the tournament.

Now that would be a a shame...to see that jerkoff shortstop not make it to the NCAAs. He wouldn't get to stare down the camera like a complete tool, and generally embarrass himself and the Michigan program.

Reactions: scarletred
But what about the questions I ask? I'm not trying to be an asshole.

The fact is, Nebraska baseball isn't better unless we improve our staff and Erstad is a legacy beast.

Period.

GBR
So how is this statement any different than the "bitching and moaning" you are accusing other people of?

Question Mark!

Don't dodge the question. You used Waldron's pitch count on Wednesday as the excuse for the performance.

You really think another 12 pitches would have mattered...

He pitched a great game Wednesday night, he just didn’t have his stuff yesterday..

Reactions: dinglefritz
After mashing the ball all week...what a highly disappointing performance today. Ohio State barely made the B1G Tourney, and all of a sudden their pitching is unhittable? Just horrible at the plate today. In front of 18K Nebraska fans, we can't hit squat and completely shit our pants.
OSU's pitcher humping it up there at 94 and with good off speed stuff at 74 I'm sure had NOTHING to do with how poorly we hit yesterday. The kid had a great arm and the umpire helped him out on numerous occasions. Our batters had no idea what was a strike and what wasn't with the clown behind the plate. He often gave them 4 inches outside and 2 to 3 inches inside. Sometimes they got pitches above the belt and below the knees and sometimes we did too after about the 1st inning. I don't know if the guy had a plane to catch or what but he wasn't interested in seeing as many base runners on walks as there should have been. OSU had 2 very good pitchers on their staff and we got them best yesterday. IF you have guys throwing 94 with a low 70s curve ball like they did and they give them that wide of a strike zone, it is awfully tough to hit.

Reactions: scarletred

He pitched a great game Wednesday night, he just didn’t have his stuff yesterday..
Waldron didn't cost us the game anyway. Not being able to get runners home cost us the game and a lot of that was on the strike zone and their pitchers. Those kids could bring it. 94 with some movement mixed with 74 mph curve balls with a very inconsistent wide strike zone. That makes it rough on hitters.

Apparently you think they mattered. You used them as the excuse.

Waldron didn't cost us the game anyway. Not being able to get runners home cost us the game and a lot of that was on the strike zone and their pitchers. Those kids could bring it. 94 with some movement mixed with 74 mph curve balls with a very inconsistent wide strike zone. That makes it rough on hitters.

tOSU starter was very sharp yesterday they deserved to win that game..

I would have liked to see our batters make him work more. But it is hard to do that when you’re not sure what a strike is. Still, it seemed like we gave him too many easy innings and swung early often.
This was the most frustrating thing for me. We made it way too easy for them.

Conference tournament championship games are a bit of a crap shoot, especially when it's a win-or-the-season's-over game for one team and not the other. Huskers were a bit flat, and I wish they had played better on Sunday, but overall it was a very good week. Doesn't erase 7+ years of mediocrity, but you have to start somewhere. Getting a couple of wins in regional play would be another important step forward.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT