ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Tournament....

Is baseball recruiting any good right now?

The Miles situation was a great example of a guy who had done less with more with a cupboard bare of good recruits. He lost that PG to Pitt who had a great year, I didn't see any other stellar recruits, and Hoiberg seems to have made some significant upgrades/improvement in recruiting in the near-term.

Same situation as Erstad, IMO. So, is he bringing in some studs, or not?

Is baseball recruiting any good right now?

The Miles situation was a great example of a guy who had done less with more with a cupboard bare of good recruits. He lost that PG to Pitt who had a great year, I didn't see any other stellar recruits, and Hoiberg seems to have made some significant upgrades/improvement in recruiting in the near-term.

Same situation as Erstad, IMO. So, is he bringing in some studs, or not?

Last year they brought in the top class in the B1G..
Don’t know if you know this but the majority of players get 1/2 scholarships, so You really can’t compare Football and Basketball recruiting to Baseball recruiting..

Hope this answers your question...

Last year they brought in the top class in the B1G..
Don’t know if you know this but the majority of players get 1/2 scholarships, so You really can’t compare Football and Basketball recruiting to Baseball recruiting..

Hope this answers your question...

Thanks. All this bitching and moaning and we are in the Big10 Champ with the top ranked class last year.

Hopefully this class is even better! GBR baseball!

Thanks. All this bitching and moaning and we are in the Big10 Champ with the top ranked class last year.
Sorry for having the audacity to discuss Nebraska athletics on a Husker message board. If it would be more appropriate, we could all get completely sh--faced and post thousands of music videos that nobody watches.

Last edited:
The bitching and moaning have more to do with the entire 8 year body of work. With as much as NU invests in the baseball program compared to other BiG TeN schools, the feeling is that we should expect more than what has been achieved to this point. A good week of baseball doesn’t erase that completely. We all support the program though and hope for a win today.

The bitching and moaning have more to do with the entire 8 year body of work. With as much as NU invests in the baseball program compared to other BiG TeN schools, the feeling is that we should expect more than what has been achieved to this point. A good week of baseball doesn’t erase that completely. We all support the program though and hope for a win today.

I have to disagree a little bit here. It’s not just a simple good week of baseball. We are on a 2 week run ;).... but even still...it kind of DOES, even more so if we win the BIG10 championship and continue to do great in the CWS playoff. The Head Coach has a bunch of fans now backing him...pretty sad our fans are up and down like that. I just want our Huskers to win, period.

I have to disagree a little bit here. It’s not just a simple good week of baseball. We are on a 2 week run ;).... but even still...it kind of DOES, even more so if we win the BIG10 championship and continue to do great in the CWS playoff. The Head Coach has a bunch of fans now backing him...pretty sad our fans are up and down like that. I just want our Huskers to win, period.
In fairness to some fans, did you see how we performed at Northwestern?

Nonetheless, I'm very pleased with the last THREE :) weeks!

Reactions: huskerssalts
I’m trying to have an easy day today...the other day I got on this site and was a....well let’s just say....a little lit. I tore an Iowa fan a new a$$ and I probably over stepped it a bit. I just got so annoyed and blow up on the board at him...I just get so tired of the BS Iowa fans are just spewing out of their mouths and they don’t ever expect their own team to take a little drop with as much as they lose. I gave myself a one day time out for that yesterday;)

Reactions: saluno22
Wow...only a dam Iowa fan...i really wish they’d all crawl under a rock or a ton of bricks and stay there..not letting the kid have the ball. Really old man??

Can't really blame the Iowa fan for wanting a souvenir from a tournament in which the Hawkeyes kicked down the door en route to a return visit to the College World Series.

Or something like that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT