ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Returning Production vs Strength of Schedule

John_J_Rambo

Offensive Coordinator
Jan 10, 2020
saw this and thought it was interesting. Michigan dealing with the most turnover of any P5 team.

Huskers/wisc/purdue all in a similar spot.

take the northwestern over expected win total to the bank.

Eca6cpmWAAE2pJv

saw this and thought it was interesting. Michigan dealing with the most turnover of any P5 team.

Huskers/wisc/purdue all in a similar spot.

take the northwestern over expected win total to the bank.

Eca6cpmWAAE2pJv
Maybe a dumb question, but does this look at someone like rondale moore as a top 3 WR in the country returning or as a WR who had 350 yards last year?

Reactions: Cornicator
Maybe a dumb question, but does this look at someone like rondale moore as a top 3 WR in the country returning or as a WR who had 350 yards last year?
probably the latter, since, you know, it deals in data and not opinion

This is reminding me of how inexperienced Northwestern was last season... and we barely beat them.

Rondale has consistently been a top WR in the country when playing. That's why I'm asking. Not trying to put my"opinion" on this board.

He also suffered a pretty nasty knee injury. He may not be that guy anymore. We've seen plenty of guys who relied on speed and agility not be anywhere close to what they were after a lower leg injury.

Reactions: Red I 73
He also suffered a pretty nasty knee injury. He may not be that guy anymore. We've seen plenty of guys who relied on speed and agility not be anywhere close to what they were after a lower leg injury.
A hamstring injury is considered nasty? Only reason he didn't come back is because Purdue was out of bowl contention. He's 100% healthy. Was during spring practice. I think he did a front flip after a TD catch. I'd also argue his power and strength are his biggest assets, not speed and agility.

Reactions: DrRedDuke
Rondale has consistently been a top WR in the country when playing. That's why I'm asking. Not trying to put my"opinion" on this board.
great. his on-field production in 2019 is all that matters in this context, which means he's viewed not as a top 3 WR in the country, but instead as a 350yd guy coming off a season-ending injury.

Reactions: huskerssalts
great. his on-field production in 2019 is all that matters in this context, which means he's viewed not as a top 3 WR in the country, but instead as a 350yd guy coming off a season-ending injury.
Ok. That's all I was asking. Didn't know if it took into account his career or 1 season. So in this case, Purdue would be a little lower than actual returning production. Same with Lorenzo Neal missing last year. So it's probably accurate for most teams, but probably a little low depending on how many injuries were sustained and when. Thanks!

Ok. That's all I was asking. Didn't know if it took into account his career or 1 season. So in this case, Purdue would be a little lower than actual returning production. Same with Lorenzo Neal missing last year. So it's probably accurate for most teams, but probably a little low depending on how many injuries were sustained and when. Thanks!
Rondale has put up as many 350yd seasons as all-B1G seasons.

Hard to assume either would be the norm.

Rondale has put up as many 350yd seasons as all-B1G seasons.

Hard to assume either would be the norm.
Really? He was averaging almost 100 yards a game last year I believe. With 2 different QB's. The year before, he was the big tens first unanimous all American as a true freshman. 3rd ever. I think it's safe to say he's closer to good than average.

Only thing that might hurt him some this year is he won't be a 1 man show. David Bell is now there and doesn't have a torn labrum anymore. Plus all the other potential at WR. Rondale will get use though.

Really? He was averaging almost 100 yards a game last year I believe. With 2 different QB's. The year before, he was the big tens first unanimous all American as a true freshman. 3rd ever. I think it's safe to say he's closer to good than average.
Look no further than the league’s total offense leader and freshman all-American Adrian Martinez to see how quickly water can find its level

maybe he’s an all-american, maybe he’s injury prone, maybe he’s both, maybe he’s neither. not a whole lot of certainties when dealing with 19yr olds.

Reactions: shocksker
Look no further than the league’s total offense leader and freshman all-American Adrian Martinez to see how quickly water can find its level

maybe he’s an all-american, maybe he’s injury prone, maybe he’s both, maybe he’s neither. not a whole lot of certainties when dealing with 19yr olds.
Except water didn't find it's level with rondale. Dude was just as dominant the previous year until he hurt his hammy vs Minnesota. It's not like he was struggling before the injury.

Except water didn't find it's level with rondale. Dude was just as dominant the previous year until he hurt his hammy vs Minnesota. It's not like he was struggling before the injury.

and he was Purdue lone weapon that year too, not to mention Purdue is super pass heavy...so there is that. Killing it one year and missing over half the season the next isn’t always a good sign, and now Purdue has 3 or more weapons l, I don’t see R Moore every repeating that freshman year again.

Now come one dude, you are literally high jacking this dam thread with your view of your team and R Moore. Move on already and back to the dam point. Wow.

and he was Purdue lone weapon that year too, not to mention Purdue is super pass heavy...so there is that. Now Purdue has 3 or more weapons l, I don’t see R Moore every repeating that freshman year again.

Now come one dude, you are literally high jacking this dam thread with your view or your team and R Moore. Move on already and back to the dam point. Wow.
Lol I asked a simple question, without hyping up any player, using rondale as an example because it's the best example that came to my mind. I was immediately called out for something completely unrelated to the question.

Want to go back on topic? It will be great to see Minnesota come back to reality. NW still ain't scary. I think Nebraska, Purdue, and Minnesota all finish about the same place and right below Iowa. They are all the same team.

This is reminding me of how inexperienced Northwestern was last season... and we barely beat them.

At that time we had nothing going for us and we where an absolute mess. It was a battle of the horrible teams during that time period. I don’t expect either team to look anything like that again this season. Both could be surprise teams this years.

Lol I asked a simple question, without hyping up any player, using rondale as an example because it's the best example that came to my mind. I was immediately called out for something completely unrelated to the question.

Want to go back on topic? It will be great to see Minnesota come back to reality. NW still ain't scary. I think Nebraska, Purdue, and Minnesota all finish about the same place and right below Iowa. They are all the same team.

You came to a Husker board asking a question. Then you disliked the responses and now you are pushing your view...time to move on now....it’s not hard to do. You will never have our board favoring your view. Will never happen, accept it my man.

Reactions: shocksker
You came to a Husker board asking a question. Then you disliked the responses and now you are pushing your view...time to move on now....it’s not hard to do. You will never have our board favoring your view. Will never happen, accept it my man.
I wasn't looking for it. I didn't even dislike the responses. I was simply asking for the answer to my question and also discussing rondales health since it was brought up. No where did I start the conversation to hijack this thread. My first post was completely on topic. You asked me not to take it off topic, so I went back to discussing topic on hand and then you continue to dwell on how I haven't "moved on". Not looking for anyone's approval on anything. Just discussing what is presented.

I wasn't looking for it. I didn't even dislike the responses. I was simply asking for the answer to my question and also discussing rondales health since it was brought up. No where did I start the conversation to hijack this thread. My first post was completely on topic. You asked me not to take it off topic, so I went back to discussing topic on hand and then you continue to dwell on how I haven't "moved on". Not looking for anyone's approval on anything. Just discussing what is presented.

I guess my bad then...I didn’t realize the thread was about Purdue and R Moore. Maybe I need to grab my glasses. Oh well...

Northwestern wasn't innexperienced last year. They just sucked. They return the worst collection of receivers and running backs in the Power 5.

And Nebraska barely beat them because Spielman went down after the 3rd series. Adrian went down in the 3rd quarter. Mills wasn't really part of the offensive game plan yet. And the team hadn't figured out to compensate for the loss of Mo Washington production.

Despite all that, Nebraska gave up 10 points and 280 yards to NW.

I guess my bad then...I didn’t realize the thread was about Purdue and R Moore. Maybe I need to grab my glasses. Oh well...
I'm not the one that brought up Rondale in regards to achievements and injury. Simply used him in an example to ask a question about the graph. You disagree I guess. Would love to know where I'm wrong with that statement.

Since you insist discussing the above. I'd be glad to. As mentioned prior, I think NW still won't be great. Getting Ramsey at QB helps though. For the west, I think Nebraska, Purdue, and Minnesota are 3 peas in a pod. Should be very comparable and probably a game or two behind Iowa. Including the east, IU will be right there with those three teams. Hard to separate any of them in July imo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT