Men's BB schedule

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
Sun., Oct. 29 Doane (Exhibition) Lincoln, Neb. (Pinnacle Bank Arena) TBA
Mon., Nov. 6 Lindenwood Lincoln, Neb. (Pinnacle Bank Arena) TBA
Thurs., Nov. 9 Florida A&M Lincoln, Neb. (Pinnacle Bank Arena) TBA
Mon., Nov. 13 Rider (Cornhusker Classic) Lincoln, Neb. (Pinnacle Bank Arena) TBA
Wed., Nov. 15 Stony Brook (Cornhusker Classic) Lincoln, Neb. (Pinnacle Bank Arena) TBA
Sat., Nov. 18 vs. Oregon State Sioux Falls, S.D. (Samford Pentagon) TBA
Wed., Nov. 22 Duquesne (Cornhusker Classic) Lincoln, Neb. (Pinnacle Bank Arena) TBA
Sun., Nov. 26 Cal State Fullerton Lincoln, Neb. (Pinnacle Bank Arena) TBA
Sun., Dec. 3 Creighton Lincoln, Neb. (Pinnacle Bank Arena) TBA
Wed., Dec. 6 at Minnesota * Minneapolis, Minn. (Williams Arena) TBA
Sun., Dec. 10 Michigan State * Lincoln, Neb. (Pinnacle Bank Arena) TBA
Sun., Dec. 17 at Kansas State Manhattan, Kan. (Bramlage Coliseum) TBA
Wed., Dec. 20 North Dakota Lincoln, Neb. (Pinnacle Bank Arena) TBA
Fri., Dec. 29 South Carolina State Lincoln, Neb. (Pinnacle Bank Arena) TBA
Wed., Jan. 3 Indiana * Lincoln, Neb. (Pinnacle Bank Arena) TBA
Sat., Jan. 6 at Wisconsin * Madison, Wis. (Kohl Center) TBA
Tues., Jan. 9 Purdue * Lincoln, Neb. (Pinnacle Bank Arena) TBA
Fri., Jan. 12 at Iowa * Iowa City, Iowa (Carver-Hawkeye Arena) TBA
Wed., Jan. 17 at Rutgers* Piscataway, N.J. (Jersey Mike’s Arena) TBA
Sat., Jan. 20 Northwestern * Lincoln, Neb. (Pinnacle Bank Arena) TBA
Tues., Jan. 23 Ohio State * Lincoln, Neb. (Pinnacle Bank Arena) TBA
Sat., Jan. 27 at Maryland * College Park, Md. (XFINITY Center) TBA
Thurs., Feb. 1 Wisconsin * Lincoln, Neb. (Pinnacle Bank Arena) TBA
Sun., Feb. 4 at Illinois * Champaign, Ill. (State Farm Center) TBA
Wed., Feb. 7 at Northwestern * Evanston, Ill. (Welsh Ryan Arena) TBA
Sat., Feb. 10 Michigan * Lincoln, Neb. (Pinnacle Bank Arena) TBA
Sat., Feb. 17 Penn State * Lincoln, Neb. (Pinnacle Bank Arena) TBA
Wed., Feb. 21 at Indiana * Bloomington, Ind. (Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall) TBA
Sun., Feb. 25 Minnesota * Lincoln, Neb. (Pinnacle Bank Arena) TBA
Thurs., Feb. 29 at Ohio State * Columbus, Ohio (Schottenstein Center) TBA
Sun., March 3 Rutgers * Lincoln, Neb. (Pinnacle Bank Arena) TBA
Sun., March 10 at Michigan * Ann Arbor, Mich. (Crisler Center) TBA

Wed., March 13-Sun., March 17 at Big Ten Tournament Minneapolis, Minn. (Target Center) TBA

That non-conference schedule is a full-blown crapfest.

I mean, every Power 5 program pads its schedule to some degree, but look at these NET rankings from last April:

Doane: NA
Lindenwood: 338
Florida A&M: 359
Rider: 215
Stony Brook: 327
Oregon State: 225
Duquesne: 137
Cal State Fullerton: 126
North Dakota: 277
South Carolina State: 347

Yes, Creighton did finish at 14. But c'mon, Fred - this is downright embarrassing.

EDIT: I overlooked Kansas State (#19). Small bright spot.

Last edited:

I mean, every Power 5 program pads its schedule to some degree, but look at these NET rankings from last April:

Doane: NA
Lindenwood: 338
Florida A&M: 359
Rider: 215
Stony Brook: 327
Oregon State: 225
Duquesne: 137
Cal State Fullerton: 126
North Dakota: 277
South Carolina State: 347

Yes, Creighton did finish at 14. But c'mon, Fred - this is downright embarrassing.
I love it personally. Get a bunch more wins on our record and have a decent conference year and you will be knocking at the door.

I love it personally. Get a bunch more wins on our record and have a decent conference year and you will be knocking at the door.
Knocking on what door? Certainly not the NCAA tourney's door. The selection committee doesn't give a crap about home wins over horrible teams. Their criteria punishes nonsense like this - and it should.

Sorry - I missed Kansas State at #19. (Overlooked it with the conference games around it)

That makes this a little bit less terrible, but not much.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Knocking on what door? Certainly not the NCAA tourney's door. The selection committee doesn't give a crap about home wins over horrible teams. Their criteria punishes nonsense like this - and it should.
We suck. We need all the wins we can get. We should be hoping for an invite to the NIT before we worry about a weak out of conference schedule keeping us out of the NCAA. Were a long ways from that.

Hell I don't even know who's on our BB team this year. That's how irrelevant we have become.

Last edited:
We suck. We need all the wins we can get. We should be hoping for an invite to the NIT before we worry about a weak conference schedule keeping us out of the NCAA. Were a long ways from that.

Hell I don't even know who's on our BB team this year. That's how irrelevant we have become.
Lol, this is a bit much. We have the best and deepest team Fred has ever had this year. The NIT should be the minimum expectation.

• Haha
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
I'd never heard of Lindenwood. Looked it up. It's a 55 and over retirement community in Cedar Rapids Iowa.
One of the contractual obligations with them is that the game time schedule cannot interfere with Wheel Of Fortune.
Feel like making a T-Shirt for that game

Can You Feel The Excitement!

NU vs Lindenwood 2023

On the back...

The Mayor back for Wins!

Georgia football approves of this for the ENTIRE schedule.
Georgia was supposed to play Oklahoma week 2 of this season

On the schedule for years

When OU joined the SEC they canceled that game. Hard to replace that in ~18 months.

Just adding some context to their schedule this season. Hope this doesn’t send you off the deep end. I know how fragile your mental state is.

c'mon, Fred - this is downright embarrassing.
Fred doesn’t make the schedule
In year 5 it should be ncaa tourney or we move on

The schedule is padded to get win numbers and a slightly better than .500 record so that “progress” can be cited going into year 6 for Fred

We didn’t get scheduled to play a Big East opponent this year nor did we get a team in the ACC/ B1G challenge.

So not having those two marquee games this year makes the schedule look this way.

We suck. We need all the wins we can get. We should be hoping for an invite to the NIT before we worry about a weak out of conference schedule keeping us out of the NCAA. Were a long ways from that.

The standard is what you know? If that’s the case, we are all f’d.

Oh really? I didn't know. Who returns from last year?
We definitely lose a lot in Walker, Griesel, and Bando. But everyone else is back, plus Eli Rice and Matar Diop from HS and 6 transfers.

Key returning:
Keisei Tominaga
CJ Wilcher
Sam Hoiberg
Ramel Lloyd Jr
Blaise Keita
Juwan Gary
Jamarques Lawrence

Reactions: cavalot
Georgia was supposed to play Oklahoma week 2 of this season

On the schedule for years

When OU joined the SEC they canceled that game. Hard to replace that in ~18 months.

Just adding some context to their schedule this season. Hope this doesn’t send you off the deep end. I know how fragile your mental state is.
When I mentuon that at least 2 proper calls would have won the game for Ohio State over Georgia....you say no excuses.

When I mentuon that at least 2 proper calls would have won the game for Ohio State over Georgia....you say no excuses.
their opponent canceled the game 18 months before the season

I'll leave the "what ifs" to you, loser

psssssh. Whatever dude. Always looking for a way to throw a keyboard sucker punch aren't you? Move along little boy.
Sucker punch? Hardly. You keep admitting you don’t know what you are talking about, but you always seem to have an opinion. You just always seem really uninformed, which is fine, except for the part where you have an opinion on something you don’t know about. You do you.

• Haha
Reactions: cavalot
Lindenwood is pretty impressive in one arena. It's 191 years old. Dannnggg.

Until the 70s it was a female only university.

Cal St- Fullerton. A school I've meandered by a few times won two ncaa tournament games in 1978. Their only victories.
Which ,of course, is a rousing success compared to the only 0- Fer basketball power 5 program in existence.
Given our track record and our current coach's futile winning pct it may be another generation before we get that albatross off our back.

Perfect schedule! Get 10 wins, then go .500 in conf. We're dancing!
Unless two of those wins are over Creighton and K-State, that would not get Nebraska anywhere near the bubble.

And I don’t even care so much about that. It’s just embarrassing to assemble a schedule that’s designed to do nothing more than pile up meaningless wins against some of the worst programs in the country.

Unless two of those wins are over Creighton and K-State, that would not get Nebraska anywhere near the bubble.

And I don’t even care so much about that. It’s just embarrassing to assemble a schedule that’s designed to do nothing more than pile up meaningless wins against some of the worst programs in the country.
I will give some credit for Oregon State. At least they are a PAC 12 school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT