ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Comish Kevin Warren prefer attempting playing In the Spring

Exactly. Saying “Spring football” is the equivalent of a parent saying “maybe later” to their child. You know dam well it ain’t happening but you just want to keep the peace.

I think this is why we are hearing rumors of a B1G & Big 12 merger for the season.

This. There is a -10,000% chance of "spring football" college football season ever occurring.

A lot of questions would have to be answered if they went this route.Is risking playing in the spring going to hinder the 2021 Fall season?
Will they keep their year of eligibility for the fall?
How many games would you play 12? 10? 6? and just play conference games ?
What happens if a player gets hurt and effects him playing for the fall of 2021?
Is the move playing in the spring going to help attendance which hardly any schools would have had in the fall?

Thoughts!
Definitely a better chance of full audience participation after the election. And the $$ that comes with said audience.

Conspiracy theories are a hell of a drug.
Just having fun. However, there is an enormous middle ground between panic-pushing and irrational school closings and mask policies on one side... and (I don't even know anyone in this camp) someone who believes the virus isn't real, or has not had a significant death toll. The election has absolutely affected news coverage, what facts are shared, which are censored, etc. Anyone denying that is cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Just having fun. However, there is an enormous middle ground between panic-pushing and irrational school closings and mask policies on one side... and (I don't even know anyone in this camp) someone who believes the virus isn't real, or has not had a significant death toll. The election has absolutely affected news coverage, what facts are shared, which are censored, etc. Anyone denying that is cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.
I’ve seen both camps.

I don’t agree with closing things. I think It’s all a money issue by the schools who are losing money and don’t want to play for bigger $ losses.

There’s a reason teams with decent tv ratings still want to play.

No reason to ruin kids high school or college years, they’ll spread it even more with more spare time.

A lot of questions would have to be answered if they went this route.Is risking playing in the spring going to hinder the 2021 Fall season?
Will they keep their year of eligibility for the fall?
How many games would you play 12? 10? 6? and just play conference games ?
What happens if a player gets hurt and effects him playing for the fall of 2021?
Is the move playing in the spring going to help attendance which hardly any schools would have had in the fall?

Thoughts!
You would be asking a lot of players to play a schedule from say Feb to May, and then start up again with fall practice in August. You would have the draft in April and a lot of players would be sitting out the season.

How about doing something fun and unusual like MLB has done? Mix up the conferences and play a 5 game schedule. That way schools can be independent of the conference's decision and schools in hotspots can opt out while schools in more rural or lesser impacted areas can participate? The season would be an asterisk (like the current MLB season), and top players would opt-out, but it would still be fun to watch.

Reactions: scarletred
This has to be more about liability and blood sucking lawyers than the actual health risk IMO. These same kids could get the virus going to school so the health part is no different.

This has to be more about liability and blood sucking lawyers than the actual health risk IMO. These same kids could get the virus going to school so the health part is no different.
This absolutely is about attorneys. I said that in another post this morning. Attorneys are going to decide this. Not science. Not the players. Attorneys.

college aged people are going to be at house parties picking up COVID whether they play sports or don't play sports. This is just ludicrous.

Seems like this was his plan from the start and giving us a schedule was all faults hope..

Urban Meyer just said when he heard playing in the spring. He said no chance to play 2 seasons in one year. Too much wear and tear..

Reactions: leodisflowers
Exactly. Saying “Spring football” is the equivalent of a parent saying “maybe later” to their child. You know dam well it ain’t happening but you just want to keep the peace.

I think this is why we are hearing rumors of a B1G & Big 12 merger for the season.
Maybe is the equivalent to a NO with lipstick...

Reactions: spinner4
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT