ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Coach of the Year! Congrats!

She has done a fantastic job.

One thing I never heard much about was why so many left when she took over. I say "so many" as I don't really know how many.

I wonder what happened to those players and if any if them regret not staying.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Players leave during a coaching change. There was some oddness though b/c those that stayed, and then left, ran off others before they left....

Given that, even more respectable what they achieved this season.

GBR

Reactions: huskerfan66
Players leave during a coaching change. There was some oddness though b/c those that stayed, and then left, ran off others before they left....

Given that, even more respectable what they achieved this season.

GBR
If you understood the way Yori determined which players she "likes" and which players she doesn't you would understand why she left such a screwed up mess. We NOW have a coach who all the players respect and want to play for. That's not to say that somebody might not have some issues and want to transfer or want more playing time, but it won't be because they didn't want to do personal favors for their head coach. Man what an upgrade in our women's head coach! And I don't give a sh## how many games Yori won previously.

Yeah, I thought she was a good hire last year when many were still saying Yori. Nice story here. Great coach and she's not going anywhere.

Yori remains one of the best coaches ever at Nebraska and Coach Petit agrees. Very few times when I watch a game where the coaching jumps out at you, Yori was that way. I miss her sideline fastbreak and fail to understand why more coaches don't copy that aspect. It was always good for some easy baskets every game.

That said no one can dispute the incredible job Williams did this year.

Yori remains one of the best coaches ever at Nebraska and Coach Petit agrees. Very few times when I watch a game where the coaching jumps out at you, Yori was that way. I miss her sideline fastbreak and fail to understand why more coaches don't copy that aspect. It was always good for some easy baskets every game.

Best W/L record doesn't mean best coach in my eyes. Glad she's gone. You probably still think Paterno is one of the greatest ever.....

You probably still think Hitler and Darth Vader are two of the greatest ever.....

She wasn't that good of a coach period. U can look at the fails in the women's tourney to see that. She had hit her peak at NU and NU wasn't going any higher.

She is such a good coach yet no one hired her to coach after NU...

Makes sense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT