ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Solich Part of '24 College Football HoF Class

Well deserved. He coached up SO many great running backs at NU.

I remember Coach Solich when he was at Southeast. I don't remember whether this board blew up or not when we chose an assistant coach from the HS ranks.

Really happy for Frank, he didn’t deserve the exit that Pederson gave him he was true blue Husker and Peddy was as arrogant as anyone can be..

Neither of them got along in the first place..
Some of you wanted Byrne to choose the next head coach, TO had every right to pick his successor…

LNOC47FXQJFBVFROCAUWF3ECJA.JPG

Some of you wanted Byrne to choose the next head coach, TO had every right to pick his successor…
Its not what I "wanted". It is how organizations work. The Athletic Director runs the Athletic Department. Coaches are employees of the Athletic Department. When a coaching position opens, the Athletic Director is responsible for filling the position. Maybe with advice/consent/permission from the Chancellor and Regents, and maybe after consulting former coaches, but it is the AD's job to nominate the candidate. That is the way it is done. A retiring coach holding a press conference when the AD is on vacation and announcing his replacement is not the way it is done.

Its not what I "wanted". It is how organizations work. The Athletic Director runs the Athletic Department. Coaches are employees of the Athletic Department. When a coaching position opens, the Athletic Director is responsible for filling the position. Maybe with advice/consent/permission from the Chancellor and Regents, and maybe after consulting former coaches, but it is the AD's job to nominate the candidate. That is the way it is done. A retiring coach holding a press conference when the AD is on vacation and announcing his replacement is not the way it is done.
Understand that, but if it wasn’t broke why fix it?
We don’t know who Byrne would have hired..Solich went 58-19 winning our last outright conference championship and was a Buckhalter fumble away from play for the National title..

Some assume that Byrne would have hired Mack Brown, but there is no fact proven this unless Byrne came out as much and mentioned it…

I had no idea Eddie Robinson was a former Husker coach. I also had no idea Frank Solich was HOF worthy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT