ADVERTISEMENT

Creighton beat UCONN

They played very well tonight and UConn was do to lose a game on the road..

Creighton rarely plays good defense, but that was about the best I’ve seen them play defense. They hit shots in the first that really boosted them too. Not sure it merited a court storm though. CU is ranked, afterall.
Hope McDermott gives Jason Green more minutes down the stretch. He brings some toughness to the lineup that the Jays badly need. Looked like he got Traudt’s minutes tonight. Not sure if Traudt is injured or if McDermott finally concluded he’s just not very good.

Hope McDermott gives Jason Green more minutes down the stretch. He brings some toughness to the lineup that the Jays badly need. Looked like he got Traudt’s minutes tonight. Not sure if Traudt is injured or if McDermott finally concluded he’s just not very good.
Traudt is useless. I think Green would have played more had he not injured his hand. Wish Nebraska had Green. He’s a real versatile player that can do a lot. We gotta get these good local players.

Traudt is useless. I think Green would have played more had he not injured his hand. Wish Nebraska had Green. He’s a real versatile player that can do a lot. We gotta get these good local players.
Traudt might as well be 6’1”. He refuses to rebound and is apparently allergic to paint.

I was hoping he would choose Nebraska out of high school, not sure if Fred had any interest in him.. Could use a player like him..

Coulda had Scheierman for 4 years if Fred had offered him out of HS.

Creighton rarely plays good defense, but that was about the best I’ve seen them play defense. They hit shots in the first that really boosted them too. Not sure it merited a court storm though. CU is ranked, afterall.
That’s actually not true. Statistically, they’ve been the top, or within the top 1-2 teams, defensively this season in the BE conference. Not their usual MO, but that’s one area that allowed the team last season to take the next step, and is a strong point this season too.

True, and I think we will if this team can finish this season strong and win a game in NCAA tourney. Show them we can win at the highest level and they will come…

Field of Dreams 30 day movie challenge GIF

If UConn was going to loss to anyone might as well be Creighton where they have trouble winning in Omaha..

Marquette could give them their 3rd conference loss next month..

Have to admire the job Mac has dun at Creighton. Year after year no less

...I hope they can avoid their annual injury to one of their most important players and fulfill their potential in the tournament this year.

I heard this is his last year. Unhappy with the administration. Hard to believe until it happens.

Went to the game hoping for a good atmosphere and a CU loss. I got one of the two. Crowd was good.
Still hope Mac leaves after this year.

Reactions: BIGSTICK67
I just hope the CU fans wore their boat shoes instead of the tasseled loafers, which could do a number on the CHI Center court.

So could have Creighton if Mac offered him out of HS.
Creighton can afford be picky because they're actually good at basketball. Nebraska turned their nose up at Scheierman when they had no business not offering a local 6'6" guard that shot the lights out in HS. It was a huge miss by Nebraska at the same time that we were giving scholarships to losers like Nana Akenten and Brady Heiman.

Reactions: huskers360
Creighton is an Omaha team, not a Nebraska team. There is a difference (and this is coming from someone who lives in Omaha). You think Creighton gives a shit about or represents the values of Greater Nebraska? They don't, and this is one of the many distinctions that make the old "why can't we just root for all Nebraska teams" a really dumb statement/argument.

I'm sure I will get some "Omaha is in Nebraska, dumbass" responses, but I think everyone understands what I mean and knows its true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT