ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama goes for a 4th and 1 with 6:34 to go in the third

Bugeater

Assistant Head Coach
May 29, 2001
Surprise, AZ via North Platte
and gets a 1st down. Nebraska faced a 4th and 1 yesterday in the second half and chose to punt. Sometimes you have to take a chance and make your team win a game. Different mindset I guess.

It's one thing to go on 4th and 1 when you have to, but on another when you want to play it safe, understandable. It's just sometimes you have to test your teams (players and coaches) will to win. Sure, had they gone they probably would have not made it, that's just the way it's gone this year. Then again, they just MIGHT have. Of course, you punt, Iowa runs it back right about where the ball was anyway and then proceeds to score. Tough luck.

If Langs had Alabama's line and Henry running the ball, his playcalling might be a little different.

Guy has over 1700 yards, will be a heisman finalist, and is a big physical runner with speed. I'd be feeding that beast too. I like Imani but the 2 are not comparable.

Guy has over 1700 yards, will be a heisman finalist, and is a big physical runner with speed. I'd be feeding that beast too. I like Imani but the 2 are not comparable.

We probably wouldn't see 1700 yards with that line or Henry considering Nebraska isn't a power run based team like Alabama is. I'm sure our production would be much, much better but Alabama is very run focused so they're going to look better in the ground game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT