ADVERTISEMENT

6 at 1-1, 1 at 0-2

HuskerOH

Senior
Dec 4, 2007
El Ranchito Dominican Republic
Who ya got?

There are 7 more stops for MJ to manage on this bus ride...
How many wins will it take to win the West?
We know the worst case scenario for additional wins is 0, and the miracle finish would be 7 wins. After watching Minn. and Wisconsin take a dump yesterday, this is up for grabs, how many wins should the fans expect from this team? I am hoping for 5.
Was last night an enigma? The defense did what no other team has done thus far against IU, shut them out in second half and held them to 5 yds. total offense in the 4th qtr. and 2-15 on third down. IU's every win was a come back in the fourth qtr. Is this the defense that will show up every week?
Still not overly impressed with Whipple and his lack of imagination in play calling, will this be the stumbling block that trips up this team?

Reactions: king_kong_
I think we can only lose one more game (Mi probably) to for sure win the west. 2 is possible but we'd likely have to have the head to head with the other team.

Reactions: king_kong_
Got to be tough to with the Oline in the state it is in.
I thought Whipp set up indiana beautifully

run game was gaining big chunks. Grant carried the ball 30+ times (when was the last time that happened?)

result was Palmer running wide open 3x at least behind the secondary on play action. CT finally hit him on one and the game was over.

only stupid thing he did was bench CT, but it sent the right message

expect many more deep shots & max protections using unbalanced lines. This is a successful formula in our league of slow plodders

there isn’t a player in the B1G west who can cover Palmer 1 on 1 for a full game

I was as stoked as anybody about last night's win but Indiana was out there top 2 Wrs and it showed. They also didn't have a dynamic defensive line.

The defense definitely played better and the offense actually put a legit drive together in the 4th. So that's good.

Not enough data at this point. If they go out and beat Rutgers on the road, we might get something brewing and a little momentum going. Also bench Benhart.

GBR.

I was as stoked as anybody about last night's win but Indiana was out there top 2 Wrs and it showed. They also didn't have a dynamic defensive line.

The defense definitely played better and the offense actually put a legit drive together in the 4th. So that's good.

Not enough data at this point. If they go out and beat Rutgers on the road, we might get something brewing and a little momentum going. Also bench Benhart.

GBR.
Good to have a win to build off of.

Going to come down who stays healthy. Gophers down #1 RB yesterday and #1 WR out for year. Iowa may not see Keagan Johnson return this year also lost key LB last week. Think Mertz is playing hurt but like Huskers, #2 QB is a big drop off.

Reactions: headcard
As long as Mickey keeps the defense simple and lets the players play fast we might be able to get four more wins and that would be a good thing this year. Fingers crossed we stay healthy at certain spots on the team that are thin.

I said we should be the favorites to win the west after losing to nw

I stand by that

we have the best players
I just don’t see it it happening with the O-line we have and Benhart shouldn’t ever see the field again if it were up to me.

Getting 4 more wins just to become bowl eligible should be the main focus. Not impossible but it isn’t going to be easy. One game at a time!! GBR!!

I just don’t see it it happening with the O-line we have and Benhart shouldn’t ever see the field again if it were up to me.

Getting 4 more wins just to become bowl eligible should be the main focus. Not impossible but it isn’t going to be easy. One game at a time!! GBR!!
You realize benhart is the best run blocker

I said we should be the favorites to win the west after losing to nw

I stand by that

we have the best players
Maybe, with most of the cancer gone (crotch rot and notsonhischin), there is some hope for player development the rest of the season. They took a good step forward last night.

Yes, I realize it was "just Indiana". But how many of these it's just (insert $hitty team here) did they $hit their pants against with crotch rot?

If they beat Rutgers next week (will be a dogfight), I think we may be on to something.

Maybe, with most of the cancer gone (crotch rot and notsonhischin), there is some hope for player development the rest of the season. They took a good step forward last night.

Yes, I realize it was "just Indiana". But how many of these it's just (insert $hitty team here) did they $hit their pants against with crotch rot?

If they beat Rutgers next week (will be a dogfight), I think we may be on to something.
We might have a better chance of beating Wisky or Ioway than we do of beating Purdue and Illinois..

Who ya got?

There are 7 more stops for MJ to manage on this bus ride...
How many wins will it take to win the West?
We know the worst case scenario for additional wins is 0, and the miracle finish would be 7 wins. After watching Minn. and Wisconsin take a dump yesterday, this is up for grabs, how many wins should the fans expect from this team? I am hoping for 5.
Was last night an enigma? The defense did what no other team has done thus far against IU, shut them out in second half and held them to 5 yds. total offense in the 4th qtr. and 2-15 on third down. IU's every win was a come back in the fourth qtr. Is this the defense that will show up every week?
Still not overly impressed with Whipple and his lack of imagination in play calling, will this be the stumbling block that trips up this team?

I know it’s a long shot but if not us winning the west then who? Other than OSU, Michigan and Penn Stare, all other Big 10 teams are a toss-up against each other. We could lose every game or win every game except Michigan. The west is going to come down to who wants it the most. Now that we have some coaches who appear to have instilled some fight I like our chances as I believe we have the most talent. Every game is going to be like last night, tough and ugly.

We might have a better chance of beating Wisky or Ioway than we do of beating Purdue and Illinois..
Illinois looks like the team to beat right now in this tallest midget in the elevator fight. Purdue is also dangerous.

I would say if the good guys play like they did last night and show steady improvement, I def agree that badger schitt and the hogeyes are ripe for the taking.

Fat ass Bret Bielema will try to beat the ever loving shit out of Nebraska

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT