ADVERTISEMENT

Who deserved to be in the playoffs?

No Tulane does not deserve it anymore than TCU. Michigan man handled Ohio state and TCU beat Michigan. And now they are in the title game. Makes no sense why you single out TCU as the one who didn't deserve it.
TCU was fool's gold, they got exposed by a much better Georgia team.

Clearly now we can't judge who deserves a playoff spot. After all, it is already clear, the games have been played, the result is on the scoreboard.Now we can only guess how things will turn out in 2024. But my opinion is that Georgia and Tennessee showed themselves well this year, of course due to the loss of Tennessee I lost a bit on the bet. But I found a way out, I found a good online platform through which I got my money back, I even raised a lot of money in the house of pokies on this very platform 1houseofpokies.com/bonuses house of pokies bonus codes. I am looking forward to 2024, I am madly curious who will be the leader.

Last edited:
Reactions: AVeritas
big 12. obviously.

SEC, ACC and Big 12 are football-first conferences, and their behavior, leadership and trophy cases reflect this. they also happen to win a lot of other sports titles, too, as fallout.

B1G and Pac 12 value many, many other things far above football success, which they deem barbaric. their behavior, leadership and trophy cases reflect this.
Duke, Syracuse, Wake Forest, North Carolina, Louisville scream Football Schools?

I am not saying the Big 10 is better, but what I am pointing out is that your comment is opinionated AF and has little to no substance.

It is always based on the school itself not the conference...

Just going to throw out a few schools even though there is more

Vanderbilt
Duke
UCLA
Kansas

You can't call a conference Football or a Basketball school, when every school is different.

Last edited:
Duke, Syracuse, Wake Forest, North Carolina, Louisville scream Football Schools?

I am not saying the Big 10 is better, but what I am pointing out is that your comment is opinionated AF and has little to no substance.

It is always based on the school itself not the conference...

Just going to throw out a few schools even though there is more

Vanderbilt
Duke
UCLA
Kansas

You can't call a conference Football or a Basketball school, when every school is different.
Did you know the only school to win multiple football and basketball titles since 1950 is Florida?

I didn’t

Conferences have elite football programs though. tOSU in the BIG. Bama and UGA in the SEC. OU in the B12. USC in the PAC. Emphasis and fan interest in the SEC is to my mind stronger for football than say the B12 where many fans enjoy both sports equally. I sense the BIG is that way as well with Indiana, MSU, Purdue having long and storied basketball traditions.

Conferences have elite football programs though. tOSU in the BIG. Bama and UGA in the SEC. OU in the B12. USC in the PAC. Emphasis and fan interest in the SEC is to my mind stronger for football than say the B12 where many fans enjoy both sports equally. I sense the BIG is that way as well with Indiana, MSU, Purdue having long and storied basketball traditions.
Clemson in the ACC, although Clemson has fallen off in recent years.

Clemson in the ACC, although Clemson has fallen off in recent years.
But the ACC is clearly a basketball first conference. Clemson is the outlier along with FSU and Miami. I've always thought those three were ripe for realignment for that reason. OU and Texas are in the B12 as well and are now outs.

But the ACC is clearly a basketball first conference. Clemson is the outlier along with FSU and Miami. I've always thought those three were ripe for realignment for that reason.
Florida State and Miami of the 1990's had a great football tradition but they have struggled over the course of the past two decades.

SEC Basketball Schools (Historically)

Kentucky
Vanderbilt

ACC Basketball Schools (Historically)

Duke
NC
Virginia
Wake Forest
Georgia Tech
Louisville
Syracuse

Big 12 Basketball Schools (Historically)

Kansas
Iowa St
Baylor

PAC 12 Basketball Schools (Historically)

UCLA
Stanford
Arizona
Cal

Big 10 Basketball Schools (Historically)

Maryland
Michigan State
Purdue
Indiana
Illinois

SEC Tweeners (Will say they are Football Schools, but are about equal in both sports. Not overly good or bad in either )

Ole Miss
Mississippi State
Missouri
Texas A&M
Arkansas
Florida (Good in Both)

ACC Tweeners

Virginia Tech
Pitt
Boston College
NC State

Big 12 Tweeners

West Virginia
Texas Tech
TCU
Kansas State
Oklahoma State

PAC 12 Tweeners

Oregon
Oregon State
Arizona State
Washington State
Utah

Big 10 Tweeners

Iowa
Rutgers
Minnesota
Northwestern
Wisconsin (Good at Both)

SEC Football Schools (Historically)

Alabama
Tennessee
Auburn
Georgia
South Carolina
LSU

ACC Football Schools (Historically)

Miami
Florida State
Clemson

Big 12 Football Schools (Historically)

Texas
Oklahoma

PAC 12 Football Schools (Historically)

USC
Washington

Big 10 Football Schools (Historically)

Nebraska
Ohio State
Michigan
Penn State

That's an interesting breakdown. Thanks for putting some thought to it. Most would argue, however, that K-State is historically a basketball first school. Snyder changed that for the younger generation, not the olds. Today, unlike N, K-State is a tweener. I agree.

That's an interesting breakdown. Thanks for putting some thought to it. Most would argue, however, that K-State is historically a basketball first school. Snyder changed that for the younger generation, not the olds. Today, unlike N, K-State is a tweener. I agree.
I‘d agree with that without question..More success in Basketball history than Football history…

Reactions: AVeritas
I could have put Pitt as a Basketball school too, but they just haven't been any better at Basketball than football for quite some time

Reactions: moralvictories
ADVERTISEMENT