ADVERTISEMENT

A Williams pass interference penalty

Looked like an absolutely horrible call which aided in the loss. Am I wrong, on that not being a penalty? It sure looked weak
Even the announcers said it was pretty lame, that and mike jones holding on jd to I've seen way worse. But I think we need to understand we're not going to get many calls our way until Scott shows he can win bad teams always get dumped on and we're bad

It was a bad call. His arm was back there but didn’t look like there was much contact and he certainly didn’t redirect or hinder the receiver.

I am very surprised that the Lamar Jackson INT wasn’t called a reception as it looked like both the WR and DB came down with the ball together

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
It was a bad call. His arm was back there but didn’t look like there was much contact and he certainly didn’t redirect or hinder the receiver.

I am very surprised that the Lamar Jackson INT wasn’t called a reception as it looked like both the WR and DB came down with the ball together
He's lucky he got the pick. He was beaten by about 7 yards on that play.

It was more than questionable. It was a wrong call. I don’t think that was the straw that broke the camel’s back, but still a bad call.

Reactions: Can o' corn
The only thing I could come up with was that he held him way before the pass. Otherwise, the troy coaches totally got that call by going nuts.

Reactions: Baxter48
B1G refs too. Call it fair but give the conference team the calls if close! Every other conference does it.

I agree on the interception, looked like joint reception which always goes to the offense.

Lucky it hung in the air as he was at least 7 yards behind the play

B1G refs too. Call it fair but give the conference team the calls if close! Every other conference does it.

I use to be a big time college football fan and not so much of an NFL fan. My views have completely changed. Huskers are still #1 but the NCAA refs have made the game unbearable. I tend to think they don’t call the game legit or they are absolutely just awful at their jobs.

Today’s refs were awful from the dam get go. Remember the first dam drive by Troy. They awarded them a first down when the runner was a good 2 yards short. I mean it wasn’t even close. I’d get 2 inches or maybe 2 feet, but we are talking 2 yards. That’s 6 feet. If you can’t tell the difference of 6 feet you shouldn’t be driving let alone being an official in a big time college football game.

Nebraska has been getting screwed by officials since 2009 and you can’t tell me these Temps go into these games with an unbiased opinion. Watch the dam SEC games. These guys always take care of Bama.

Unless the refs in college football get full time status and end this “conference refs” BS and have their own true “union” where they evaluate and regulate their own based on their craft, regardless of conference or team name, we will never have a completely clean game in college football. The dirtiest thing in all of sports is college football refs. Remember our last year in the Big 12? Remember college station?

Would have been 4th and 9, IF (big if, obviously) Nebraska still scores their last TD, it's 20-13 (NU kicks PAT instead of 2PAT attempt.) It was a critical, botched penalty. I know some people want to be all about "no excuses" but wtf are you supposed to do? You make a play on defense and get punished for no ****ing reason.

Would have been 4th and 9, IF (big if, obviously) Nebraska still scores their last TD, it's 20-13 (NU kicks PAT instead of 2PAT attempt.) It was a critical, botched penalty. I know some people want to be all about "no excuses" but wtf are you supposed to do? You make a play on defense and get punished for no ****ing reason.

And then they don’t call a questionable Personal foul when Bunch got hit out of bounds. It’s Bull Sh*t. People want to say “B1G refs”... WTF does that mean? The B1G doesn’t necessarily see us as part of the family, why the hell would their refs. I have Penn State friends that tell me they are just now starting to feel some what welcome and they joined close to 30 years ago.

Last edited:
As a Husker fan, reffing was pretty bad today but we did get a few horrible calls our way too. I am pretty sure Washington fumbled the ball when they reviewed it and still said he was down when the ball came out. The back endzone view seemed pretty clear that the ball came out prior to his knee was down. I hope he is fine. That Williams call was pretty bad, but perhaps he held long before the end that they showed on the replay. My worst call I was livid was poor Peyton Newell who you all hate actually blew up his guy and was running free to kill the QB. Newell got spun around badly and the pass went incomplete I think. It was a no call that resulted in a three and out I think the next play. He got robbed of a sack or at the least a big QB hit. That was a BRUTAL non-call.

I agree on the interception, looked like joint reception which always goes to the offense.

Lucky it hung in the air as he was at least 7 yards behind the play

U guys and ur "joint reception" stuff crack me up. A joint reception is when both guys come down w it and both have their arms on the ball and the refs step in.

Lj clearly had poessession of the ball all to himself aka theyvwere mot fighting ocer it at the end...hence the joint posession did mot happen.

Sad to say, but Troy actually got screwed on the play calling as much, if not more than Neb did. Excuses

Not really, on what calls did they get screwed on? If ur talking about the wash fumble, it was ruled a non fumble on the field and his forearm was down before the ball came out or was really really close. Aka no definitive evidence to overturn the call which means the call on the field stands..as in no fumble.

We had to use a challege immediately cause the refs missed a spot on a troy 3rd down play by almost 2 yards..it was comical.

we did get away with that fumble call, Im surprised the refs didn't see it, and then they gave their coach a penalty and us a first down and we blew that

Reactions: Mack In Motion
We have zero excuse to blame the refs in this game. Troy got absolutely screwed on a terrible call on Washington's fumble and then the penalty on their coach was just comical.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
I don't like that officiating crew at all for any games, I watch college football all the time and that crew seems to nit pick quite a bit on throwing the yellow around. the PI was a bad call but so were a lot of the other calls that both went against us and for us. they don't win or lose a game it's the players who do that and until we can stop shooting ourselves in the foot we will not win many ballgames. I do feel the future is bright though we just have to get thru the dark hours before it.

officials were terrible BUT they didn't cost us the game. The obvious penalties they called us were the difference and that wasn't the Zebras' fault.

Looked like an absolutely horrible call which aided in the loss. Am I wrong, on that not being a penalty? It sure looked weak
You are not wrong but we have the benefit of the replay. 99% of the time the flag will be thrown..... especially against us

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT