ADVERTISEMENT

Honestly, I concluded a few decades back…

Charlie Marlow

Athletic Director
Sep 23, 2005
In Your Head
to not follow recruiting at all. I just check back in after signing day to see who we are rolling with. Schools and coaches playing games, kids being indecisive, parental and/or handler interference, etc. And that was in simpler times. It’s only become 1000x more complicated since then with the portal, NIL, etc. Everything changes by the minute.

It was a good decision. I don’t worry or stress about this kid or that kid and I’ve freed up countless hours to pursue other useless activities.

a few decades ago? thats when our recruiting started to slip...

to not follow recruiting at all. I just check back in after signing day to see who we are rolling with. Schools and coaches playing games, kids being indecisive, parental and/or handler interference, etc. And that was in simpler times. It’s only become 1000x more complicated since then with the portal, NIL, etc. Everything changes by the minute.

It was a good decision. I don’t worry or stress about this kid or that kid and I’ve freed up countless hours to pursue other useless activities.
POM. Post of the millenium

I've only started following recruiting in the last few years. Good for my health. Probably not. Will I stop? Probably not. I like to be in the know, despite how crazy it can be.

Up to six years ago I didn't really "follow it" either because I was more interested in preparations for our bowl game. But now if I want to follow the football team in December, recruiting is all there is.

Reactions: saluno22
What's happened on this board in the last week(ish) is gross and icky and why I haven't posted much since the DR part deaux came down. Nobody knows what happened with any of the portal or high school QB's, or their dad, but it hasn't stopped a lot of people from going Thelma and Louise on 'em.... I don't even want to imagine what's going to happen if we are eventually spurned by DR. Might just log out for a month.

What's happened on this board in the last week(ish) is gross and icky and why I haven't posted much since the DR part deaux came down. Nobody knows what happened with any of the portal or high school QB's, or their dad, but it hasn't stopped a lot of people from going Thelma and Louise on 'em.... I don't even want to imagine what's going to happen if we are eventually spurned by DR. Might just log out for a month.
Goodbye GIF

Reactions: MargotDeeper
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT