ADVERTISEMENT

45-7 gonna take a few years to get right.

We let Frost get into year 5 because of the “we need to stop the coaching carousel” mentality and are now 2 years further down the road in the wrong direction

Michigan ended up with Harbaugh because they kicked their guy off the carousel very early when they weren’t getting it done.

Rich Rod - 3 years (7-5 in year 3 which showed improvement)

Brady Hoke - 4 years (fired after his only losing season)
I’m not saying we’re locked in for 8 years but there are fans bitching about Rhule after 5 games. Similarly Raiola has been here for less than 22 months and HIS first recruits are freshmen. The guy who was supposed to be a 4 year starter at LT has had two major knee surgeries and may never fully recover. It’s just a bad situation that’s going to take more than this year to undo.

I’m not saying we’re locked in for 8 years but there are fans bitching about Rhule after 5 games. Similarly Raiola has been here for less than 22 months and HIS first recruits are freshmen. The guy who was supposed to be a 4 year starter at LT has had two major knee surgeries and may never fully recover. It’s just a bad situation that’s going to take more than this year to undo.
What would you say to the people who think you're soft in your old age and unreasonably lenient. Especially considering your penchant for mango margaritas?

It sounds like game 6 is fair game to make some sort of early assessment on the coaching acumen of Rhule

It sounds like game 6 is fair game to make some sort of early assessment on the coaching acumen of Rhule
Is it? He f'd up with Sims. So those games are void.

And honestly if you were in his shoes can you say you'd go with Haarberg? Idk.

Some of us might have a shorter leash and pull Sims sooner.

What coach do you think could've come in and done better?

Clearly Deion was a better hire. That’s not debatable. Don’t know what happened with Urban, but I’m guessing he would have been better.

Possibly Fickel and/or Freeze, but the jury’s still out and that hindsight is always 20/20. So I don’t count them.

So yeah, I still think we got the 2nd or 3rd best available.

Clearly Deion was a better hire. That’s not debatable. Don’t know what happened with Urban, but I’m guessing he would have been better.

Possibly Fickel and/or Freeze, but the jury’s still out and that hindsight is always 20/20. So I don’t count them.

Go away troll

Reactions: JOHNNY N

You can’t make that determination after less than a year on the job. Good heavens people need to get a grip

Reactions: BleedRed78
I’m just tired of a portion of our fan base that’s totally fine with days like today. It’s completely unacceptable
Minnesota Vikings Football GIF

Edit: this is more in response to “Michigan “ and not “Nebraska.” Though, the same could be said for Nebraska, because (hopefully) we’re nowhere near the finished product under HC Matt Rhule.

Last edited:
What would you say to the people who think you're soft in your old age and unreasonably lenient. Especially considering your penchant for mango margaritas?
I’m over the mango margarita thing. Last night it was several glasses of Blanton’s bourbon. There. Does that make you feel better.

As far as my age goes, I’m 65 and have been an avid Husker fan since I first listened to Lyle Bremser utter Man woman and child. I’ve seen and lived a lot. With that comes better perspective of where we’re at and what it’s going to take to get to where we want to be.

Folks, many have said it in the past and it took me until Frost debacle for it to sink into my thick skull, but Nebraska will never be a great program again. We will still get discussed as one of the winnigest programs (thanks to TO winning 9 games all those years in the weak Big 8), but that last talking point will be gone once we slip out of the top 10. Let the arguments start with Minnesota and other irrelevant programs on who is the greatest (Minnesota has 2 more NC in their arsenal).
Oh, you mean those MN Championships where they considered “Highschool “ teams as games on their schedule??

NOBODY is fine with it. It’s just a matter of being rational about where we’re at and the best course going forward
Get OVER it! Best for them and their MH….
Also, my Gif/meme was more in response to “Michigan “ and not Nebraska.

Last edited:
I’m over the mango margarita thing. Last night it was several glasses of Blanton’s bourbon. There. Does that make you feel better.

As far as my age goes, I’m 65 and have been an avid Husker fan since I first listened to Lyle Bremser utter Man woman and child. I’ve seen and lived a lot. With that comes better perspective of where we’re at and what it’s going to take to get to where we want to be.
Did you walk up hill both ways to school?

Deion was a better hire is fact. If you don’t know that by now, you need to get your head checked. The other 3 are not based in fact and I stated as much. What don’t you understand?
It just isn't a fact. Doesn't really matter how many times you day it, it doesn't make it a fact.

5 games in.

Deion was a better hire is fact. If you don’t know that by now, you need to get your head checked. The other 3 are not based in fact and I stated as much. What don’t you understand?
Deion was not a better hire for the long term health of the program IMO. He’s a short term fix for their recruiting problem.

It just isn't a fact. Doesn't really matter how many times you day it, it doesn't make it a fact.

5 games in.

What do you need to prove something out as a fact? He’s literally beat us in every single measurable statistic available. Badly in most cases. Including head to head, which is literally the ultimate determination. And all logical signs point toward him continuing to do so. You seem to be the one who can’t decipher between fact and opinion.

• Haha
What do you need to prove something out as a fact? He’s literally beat us in every single measurable statistic available. Badly in most cases. Including head to head, which is literally the ultimate determination. And all logical signs point toward him continuing to do so. You seem to be the one who can’t decipher between fact and opinion.
Let's see how the season plays out. He's got a tough road ahead.

Far too early to determine this, but this is the inter webs, and hyperbolic posts likes this are why message boards exist. His son is a next level QB talent, and that is the difference. I’m on board to see where this goes over the next few years. I suspect it will be a massive circus and he will bail out within 3-4 seasons.

Deion was not a better hire for the long term health of the program IMO. He’s a short term fix for their recruiting problem.

So your OPINION is that he’s not going to be better long term? I’m dealing with fact. You’re dealing with opinion.

And recruiting problem? You really want to die on that sword? That’s literally our biggest problem. Matt Rhule is a hell of a coach but if he can’t get the recruits, we’ll keep seeing a lot more of what we saw on Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT