ADVERTISEMENT

45-7 gonna take a few years to get right.

Nebraska fans cry worse than Texas fans. Really, Nebraska didn't beat the #2 team in the country after only four games with a new coach??? EVERYBODY NEEDS TO BE FIRED. Even Tom Osborne would say Husker fans are a bunch of whiny little bitches.
I agree, the more time goes by the more ridiculous some Nebraska fans are. I for one don’t have an issue with getting steamrolled by #2 team. I do have problems with what has been the norm for Nebraska the last few years: games lost to teams we should shave beaten but played game full of mistakes and bed decisions and lose in the 4 quarter. Don’t feel bad getting clubbed by Michigan today. I’m still upset about wasting the Minnesota game.

They are filled with dudes and they also beat Nebraska on the road by a larger margin than they beat the likes of East Carolina , UNLV, Bowling Green and Rutgers at home. Today was an embarrassment for Matt Rhule, make no mistake about it
Sure it's embarrassing. But fvck it. Nobody is gonna feel sorry for him or the the team. Get a win on Friday, and get to the bye 3-3.

Look at this fvcking guy. Poor you. I hope you're gonna be ok.

810amw.jpg

They are filled with dudes and they also beat Nebraska on the road by a larger margin than they beat the likes of East Carolina , UNLV, Bowling Green and Rutgers at home. Today was an embarrassment for Matt Rhule, make no mistake about it
Look, make no mistake about this: The reason we scored more against Nebraska than those noncon teams is because you are a real, legit team that we took seriously. As we should. We played the noncon like an NFL preseason. We didn’t do that today - JJ was allowed to run, we showed new wrinkles in the run game, starters played much longer and we weren’t subbing as much early in the game. All out players who were healthy enough to play did … no more “precautionary holdouts.”

Rhule is going to be great for you guys, and I think you will compete this year in the West. I thought Haarberg looked promising, much better arm than we had been led to believe, and plenty fast and tough. Hope none of your injuries were serious and good luck the rest of the way.

Last edited:
Your boy Greg ain’t your friend.. might want to head home
Dude you’ve went to the dark side, you used to be sensible. Look I’m not happy with today’s game or the Colorado or Minnesota games but my question is what are we supposed to do? We can’t be hiring and firing coaches at a whim, anyone Who think liepold or kileman would be doing any better is dreaming!

Isn't that we keep firing coaches?
We just let a coach return for year 5 after never sniffing even a bowl game and being 1-8 in the big ten in year 4 simply because his name was Scott Frost.

Name another blue blood program that would have even considered letting a coach survive into year 5 with that kind of record?

Nebraska fans cry worse than Texas fans. Really, Nebraska didn't beat the #2 team in the country after only four games with a new coach??? EVERYBODY NEEDS TO BE FIRED. Even Tom Osborne would say Husker fans are a bunch of whiny little bitches.
FFS really? We have a losing record. We’ve had a losing record for 7 years. Stop playing the “spoiled fans” card. That was a long time ago. It’s been a long time since we’ve had a winning dam season. I’m not a little submissive cuck who just excepts life and is happy to eat shit all the time. Obviously you do. But Stop acting like it’s unjustified that fans are tired of losing after 7 f-ing years. That’s crazy. It’s justified that we are unhappy. It’s justified that some are weary of Rhule . But he’s who we’ve got, so hopefully he can figure something out.

FFS really? We have a losing record. We’ve had a losing record for 7 years. Stop playing the “spoiled fans” card. That was a long time ago. It’s been a long time since we’ve had a winning dam season. I’m not a little submissive cuck who just excepts life and is happy to eat shit all the time. Stop acting like it’s unjustified that fans are tired of losing after 7 f-ing years. That’s crazy. It’s justified that we are unhappy. It’s justified that some are weary of Rhule . But he’s who we’ve got, so hopefully he can figure something out.
Exactly and Rhule got himself an 8 year contact with an average salary of $9M. He needs to produce results in line with his contract, simple concept

Reactions: Yantzeee
Dude you’ve went to the dark side, you used to be sensible. Look I’m not happy with today’s game or the Colorado or Minnesota games but my question is what are we supposed to do? We can’t be hiring and firing coaches at a whim, anyone Who think liepold or kileman would be doing any better is dreaming!
Please .. I was all N on Rhule until he gave me a reason not to be.. he has given me multiple reasons…

Something about this game didn’t feel as hopeless as all the OSU and 2018 Michigan thumpings.

It felt more like we just didn’t have the guys then a complete outcoaching.
Just because you are horrible at one thing doesn't mean you can't be just as horrible at another. Just saying!

I agree, the more time goes by the more ridiculous some Nebraska fans are. I for one don’t have an issue with getting steamrolled by #2 team. I do have problems with what has been the norm for Nebraska the last few years: games lost to teams we should shave beaten but played game full of mistakes and bed decisions and lose in the 4 quarter. Don’t feel bad getting clubbed by Michigan today. I’m still upset about wasting the Minnesota game.
Texas is 5-0, beat Alabama at home by double digits and handily beat #24 Kansas ranked team today 40-14.

If you want to accept Nebraska as garbage that’s on you.. i believe this program should and will dominate this weak conference of pedophiles
It's a great thing to have great expectations. But you should try to beat the weak ass teams in the West before saying Nebraska should dominate the far stronger teams in the East. Been over a decade, and you couldn't do it once. At what point is it not just a down period?

You have three current top ten teams coming in next year. If the B1G goes back to divisions, you get three much better squads every year. I tell Iowa fans to expect more. I'd say the same to any P5 program that invests into it's football team. But what route can Nebraska go to avoid being in the mid to cellar? Michigan got back with their boy. Nebraska failed with their boy.

Start beating Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin on a regular basis. Perhaps then you can target Michigan, Ohio State, or Penn State. You know Oregon and USC aren't coming to pillow fight with Northwestern or Indiana. You know who they're targeting? It isn't Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana or Purdue. It isn't even Wisconsin or Michigan State. I haven't heard one fan, alumnus, former player or coach mention Nebraska.

I've heard Washington mention Iowa. Oregon and USC are looking towards the East. Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State. So Rhule has an uphill route if he is to even reach late 2000's to mid 2010's level. He has the facilities, the fan support. He needs to recruit top 20 classes, hit the transfer portal, and create a hard nose mentality.

How was Rhule supposed to fix the fact that no one on this team was good enough to play for Michigan, much less have enough of those guys to compete? He took over a shit roster. It’s going to take time. He even said that out loud before the season. Why can’t people accept that and give it chance? It may not work out, but being a whiny biotch 5 games into his tenure isn’t the right take
Wait, I've heard time after time, we have the talent. Do we or not?

Folks, many have said it in the past and it took me until Frost debacle for it to sink into my thick skull, but Nebraska will never be a great program again. We will still get discussed as one of the winnigest programs (thanks to TO winning 9 games all those years in the weak Big 8), but that last talking point will be gone once we slip out of the top 10. Let the arguments start with Minnesota and other irrelevant programs on who is the greatest (Minnesota has 2 more NC in their arsenal).

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
How was Rhule supposed to fix the fact that no one on this team was good enough to play for Michigan, much less have enough of those guys to compete? He took over a shit roster. It’s going to take time. He even said that out loud before the season. Why can’t people accept that and give it chance? It may not work out, but being a whiny biotch 5 games into his tenure isn’t the right take
I hear what you’re saying about the roster, but just how will time help Matt Rhule turn this around? Recruiting? This is Lincoln, Nebraska remember, that will not be any easy sell. I think people have a right to be whiny; this coaching staff has me very skeptical at this point. I’m not sure if I buy the whole “it’s going to time” mantra. Really? Again? How many times have we heard that over the last decade or more? I doubt Matt Rhule is going anywhere for at least 2 more seasons anyway, so we have no choice but to give him the benefit of the doubt. I really do hope he shocks the world but this is brutal for a Husker fan right now. Better days ahead. GBR.

Last edited:
Great question thank you! With our bad oline, the option game would have helped a ton! Utilizing the power run game(not giving up) followed by play action. I played offensive line in college and understand what works and when an oc gives up. We gave up early today.
The problem with running the option is that HH has to pitch the ball sometimes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT