ADVERTISEMENT

45-7 gonna take a few years to get right.

Critical thinking begins with knowing the difference between fact and opinion. Which is CLEARLY tough for you. Come at me with "critical thinking" once you figure that out.
Bud, you lack the ability to think critically. Just look at your posts. Just a bunch of emotion and outrage.

Nope. But I have the ability to think critically, which is tough for you.
Live look at Mainstream Johnny “thinking critically”:

MSNBCW_20230926_080000_The_Rachel_Maddow_Show_000087.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Landomatic
Bud, you lack the ability to think critically. Just look at your posts. Just a bunch of emotion and outrage.

No emotion or outrage of any sort. Other than I'm a little outraged at myself that I've wasted time arguing with an idiot. You're dragging me down to your level, but you're definitely not beating me. Even with all of your experience.

Hell, I'm still just waiting for you to offer one fact that Deion isn't the better hire so far. And for you to offer which one of my facts was opinion.

There seem to be several “fans” that want the microwave fix of massive NIL and transfer influx for the instant flash of success. But can OL and DL be built in a microwave manner? Yes need more talent and more depth of that talent but don’t think it can be done this way
Totally agree that we need better talent, but after yrs of inferior teams - why would any good/great athlete want to come to NU? To suffer one agonizing defeat after another? Recruiting gets very difficult where we're at.

Totally agree that we need better talent, but after yrs of inferior teams - why would any good/great athlete want to come to NU? To suffer one agonizing defeat after another? Recruiting gets very difficult where we're at.
It does indeed. Think the top talent within Nebraska, western Iowa, northern Missouri/Kansas has to start the rebuild. It’s the lines that have to get the most influx of talent. Then build out from there. Will it happen, 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ wish I knew but I’m old enough to have lived through 4 of the National Titles and so many great lines that allowed the team to be close. For Nebraska Football, that has to be foundation and currently and for a long time the foundational Lines just haven’t been able to hold up.

Reactions: ssmill777
No emotion or outrage of any sort. Other than I'm a little outraged at myself that I've wasted time arguing with an idiot. You're dragging me down to your level, but you're definitely not beating me. Even with all of your experience.

Hell, I'm still just waiting for you to offer one fact that Deion isn't the better hire so far. And for you to offer which one of my facts was opinion.
As with most things in life, time will tell.

Seems to me the crux of the issue is between talent vs. system.

Deion seems to be able to attract some very good athletes while coach Rhule seems to have a system hes recruiting to. Which is better? Stay tuned.

So, to be clear, you think the Colorado QB who is Sanders' son will be an All American this year?
to be clear, he is what makes that team remotely competitive. There are very few players that can do what he is doing. Just think about how bad they would be with out him

He is the best player on that team. What's his name just played 2 weeks and Sanders is still lighting up the scoreboard.

You think he won't make one of All-American teams. How many All-Americans do you think colorado has?

Deion seems to be able to attract some very good athletes while coach Rhule seems to have a system hes recruiting to. Which is better? Stay tuned.
Exactly. The only way to actually declare Deion > Rhule or Rhule > Deion is to look at them the day they leave their respective colleges and examine the body of work they did there. To do so now is like calling a 1600m after the 2nd lap.

Hahaha nope. Deion has better talent and system. Time has already told. And it will continue to.

How long do you need?

BTW it's okay to admit it. Doesn't make you less of a fan.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Exactly. The only way to actually declare Deion > Rhule or Rhule > Deion is to look at them the day they leave their respective colleges and examine the body of work they did there. To do so now is like calling a 1600m after the 2nd lap.

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

Hahaha nope. Deion has better talent and system. Time has already told. And it will continue to.

How long do you need?

BTW it's okay to admit it. Doesn't make you less of a fan.
Does he? Deion's system so far is Deion. Dude is one of the greats of all time and I'm not sure anyone else can pull off what he has done. Maybe they can, but I highly doubt it. Nothing should be compared to Deion because he is such an outlier. It's literally going to take someone like Ed Reed or some other big name hall of famer to even come close to what Deion is doing. There is no way Matt Rhule gets the same results as Deion if he comes in and tries that at NU. Personally, I'm just not a fan of trying to compare anything to Deion because he is such an anomaly in CFB.

Does he? Deion's system so far is Deion. Dude is one of the greats of all time and I'm not sure anyone else can pull off what he has done. Maybe they can, but I highly doubt it. Nothing should be compared to Deion because he is such an outlier. It's literally going to take someone like Ed Reed or some other big name hall of famer to even come close to what Deion is doing. There is no way Matt Rhule gets the same results as Deion if he comes in and tries that at NU. Personally, I'm just not a fan of trying to compare anything to Deion because he is such an anomaly in CFB.

You're correct on everything you said. This whole discussion started, though, with the fact that we could have hired him and we didn't. Therefor, Rhule was the second best hire we could have made (assuming Urban wasn't gettable).

BTW, Deion's "system" is to hire the best assistants he can AND get the best players he can. That may be "Deion" but it's also successful. He gets better of both because he's Deion. That's kinda the point.

You're correct on everything you said. This whole discussion started, though, with the fact that we could have hired him and we didn't. Therefor, Rhule was the second best hire we could have made (assuming Urban wasn't gettable).

BTW, Deion's "system" is to hire the best assistants he can AND get the best players he can. That may be "Deion" but it's also successful. He gets better of both because he's Deion. That's kinda the point.
What? Did Deion come up with that brilliant strategy?

Correct, but his assistants aren't anything crazy. Their OC is an excellent hire, the rest are decent, but not anything different than a lot of programs. With that said, there is no chance in hell Nebraska was going to take Deion for a multitude of reasons. He did not check any box that Trev was looking at as well as it would have been a massive gamble. Deion also has worked out because Colorado is probably one of the only schools that would put up with what he brings to the table. If I big time program in the South takes a risk on Deion in the future it is because they are down. Most of these schools, right or wrong, do not want the coach to overshadow the school. It was a perfect storm at CU. It'll also be interesting to see how long this momentum lasts.

Reactions: BleedRed78
What? Did Deion come up with that brilliant strategy?

Seriously? No he didn't come up with it but he can execute it because he's Deion. Why is this so hard to follow for some of you?

Anyway, we have a GREAT coach and we all need to give him time to be successful, which I know he will be. I know more about Matt Rhule than most of you put together. And I'm telling you, he was a great hire.

to be clear, he is what makes that team remotely competitive. There are very few players that can do what he is doing. Just think about how bad they would be with out him

He is the best player on that team. What's his name just played 2 weeks and Sanders is still lighting up the scoreboard.

You think he won't make one of All-American teams. How many All-Americans do you think colorado has?
Zero

Reactions: JOHNNY N
Correct, but his assistants aren't anything crazy. Their OC is an excellent hire, the rest are decent, but not anything different than a lot of programs. With that said, there is no chance in hell Nebraska was going to take Deion for a multitude of reasons. He did not check any box that Trev was looking at as well as it would have been a massive gamble. Deion also has worked out because Colorado is probably one of the only schools that would put up with what he brings to the table. If I big time program in the South takes a risk on Deion in the future it is because they are down. Most of these schools, right or wrong, do not want the coach to overshadow the school. It was a perfect storm at CU. It'll also be interesting to see how long this momentum lasts.

That's fair. He actually does check every single box Trev was looking for. But, I get what you're saying. Deion would have been bigger than the program, for sure. I just don't know if that would have necessarily been a bad thing for us. We could use a shot in the arm when it comes to stuff like that.

That's fair. He actually does check every single box Trev was looking for. But, I get what you're saying. Deion would have been bigger than the program, for sure. I just don't know if that would have necessarily been a bad thing for us. We could use a shot in the arm when it comes to stuff like that.
I was all for Deion, don't get me wrong, I just knew there was no chance in hell he would be Trev's pick.

SIAP

This article by Jeremy Pernell is a pretty good take on where we are now and what we need to do to get better...

The fact that Rhule thought Jeff Sims was an NFL talent, let alone a good enough talent to win in the Big Ten, makes me seriously question him as a coach.

We have to get a QB in the portal who is an accurate thrower and doesn't turn the ball over, or next year isn't going to be any better.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
Update now that Deion has lost 6 of the last 7

Emotional & stupid is a dangerous combo for you.

Hahaha you dig up a post, not about you or to you, about a guy who beat us by damn near 30 points, who would probably beat us by worse right now, to show me how wrong I am. You should probably stop posting. Take a lap or a nap or go rub one out or something. You're just embarrassing yourself at this point.

That we should have hired him. We needed a difference maker. An Urban or a Deion. Matt Rhule was a great third choice, but it's become painfully obvious throughout this year that we needed much more than a Matt Rhule level hire.
No, Colorado can keep their drama queen coach. We need someone to teach the fundamentals and pay attention to the details. We found our guy.

No, Colorado can keep their drama queen coach. We need someone to teach the fundamentals and pay attention to the details. We found our guy.

Yep we found our guy. So did Wisconsin, so did Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, etc etc etc. Wake up, man.

Whatever you are on right now-take an Uber home. If you are home already, don’t go out till you sleep it off.

Will do...thanks, Grandpa.

I'm kidding of course, but thank you for looking out. There have probably been some nights I could have used your advice, but tonight's not one of them.

Seriously though, what about this year makes you think I'm wrong?

Hahaha you dig up a post, not about you or to you, about a guy who beat us by damn near 30 points, who would probably beat us by worse right now, to show me how wrong I am. You should probably stop posting. Take a lap or a nap or go rub one out or something. You're just embarrassing yourself at this point.
You need to show yourself out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT