ADVERTISEMENT

2nd Half Game Thread!!

All the good coaches are going to be gone after this year. 8 openings

Considering that 6 or 7 them will likely turn out poorly anyway just by the odds, it doesn't make sense to get back on the carousel. Which is pretty much what Frazier has been saying, we're not going to insta-10 win this thing.

To be fair, the last INT was not on the QB. Westerkamp pushed his guy off while running a slant and pushed him right into the pass that was going to Reilly on a curl. Seems like very poor spacing on that play.

Yes he did. He blamed Tommie basically. When all he had to say there was miscommunication and we didn't execute. Or just run the ball straight ahead, But go ahead defend Mr. Nice guy, he has you fooled.
Tommy admitted that is was a run call but that he didn't want to take a loss to take us out of field goal range. It WAS on Tommy and I understand why he threw the ball BUT it was on him. In no way do I think Riley threw TA under the bus and the interviews during the week after made that clear.

What is this play gonna do for recruiting? It's not like Blake or Ed Ogeron are on staff. Who would want to play in this? How can we get better?
Ed Ogeron was begging for a chance to be on this staff, all Riley said when he heard that is that was interesting. He was Riley's for the asking.

Guys why blame any one person or faction here? Time to realize this is a cluster duck from top to bottom.
No element on this team or program is immune. This will need a complete renovation or enjoy Husker ball
as you see it this year.

Why are they celebrating? Don't they know they're down 19 points to purdue in the fourth quarter?

Ed Ogeron was begging for a chance to be on this staff, all Riley said when he heard that is that was interesting. He was Riley's for the asking.

Guys why blame any one person or faction here? Time to realize this is a cluster duck from top to bottom.
No element on this team or program is immune. This will need a complete renovation or enjoy Husker ball
as you see it this year.
The issue is the guy leading the renovation. Or dismantling might be a better word for it. Anybody really trust Riley to turn this bad boy around?

Considering that 6 or 7 them will likely turn out poorly anyway just by the odds, it doesn't make sense to get back on the carousel. Which is pretty much what Frazier has been saying, we're not going to insta-10 win this thing.

We need to cut our losses before Riley fully installs his offense. Otherwise the next coach will have try to run his offense with guys that are not fit to run it.

Reactions: Gimmered

I don't know...this is really bad. Some of these losses this year are unreal. If Nebraska loses to Purdue today, I don't know how you can bring him back. Losses like this will destroy any goodwill this staff is getting with recruits.

There are times to hit the reset button. Tom Herman would be the top of my list.

Last edited:
Tommy admitted that is was a run call but that he didn't want to take a loss to take us out of field goal range. It WAS on Tommy and I understand why he threw the ball BUT it was on him. In no way do I think Riley threw TA under the bus and the interviews during the week after made that clear.

Go look at the play and tell me that was a run call. The entire offensive unit was running a pass play. We have QB run plays, when have you seen that one, that wasn't a Tommy scramble. Why is the RB looking for a pass instead of blocking or running down field to clear out his man?

The Rutgers player spiked the ball on 4th down, he was an idiot. But his coach took the blame.

Holy shit Davie is the worst corner in the history of corners. What a turd.

as you see it this year.
Our talent level on the field is not good at many positions. We clearly don't have corners that can play man defense and we don't have linebackers that can run well enough to cover TEs and backs. Hopefully some of the young O linemen in the system grow up quickly and good. And oh yeah, POB needs to get here soon.

Reactions: canaham
as you see it this year.

How does this need to be fixed? Will players leaving the program help this team to get turned around? Will a new influx of talent provide the players needed to make both the offense and defense to work or do we need some position coaching changes?

Alright, I was close last prediction. I predict a pick six this drive.

And Bankers defense no where to be found to stop them from getting into the end zone.
Didn't know it was so easy to stop an offense from scoring when they've started 3 drives inside the opponents 30 yard line.

How does this need to be fixed? Will players leaving the program help this team to get turned around? Will a new influx of talent provide the players needed to make both the offense and defense to work or do we need some position coaching changes?

I`m aggressive and mean but after what I have seen I would start over. This AD and staff has given me zero confidence they will get this program fixed.
Expect more of the same for years to come unless we get aggressive here.

Reactions: GammaxuvirHusker
That's true. I mean, Fyfe IS better than Tommy, but he basically still isnt any good.
Never said he was better, did I? But there is no guarantee that Nebraska beats Purdue today even with Tommy, as Tommy is more than capable of throwing interceptions, making bad reads, and throwing tons of incomplete passes.

Go look at the play and tell me that was a run call. The entire offensive unit was running a pass play. We have QB run plays, when have you seen that one, that wasn't a Tommy scramble. Why is the RB looking for a pass instead of blocking or running down field to clear out his man?

The Rutgers player spiked the ball on 4th down, he was an idiot. But his coach took the blame.
It did in FACT have a pass option in the play BUT HE WAS TOLD TO NOT PASS IT. TA even admitted that.

I`m aggressive and mean but after what I have seen I would start over. This AD and staff has given me zero confidence they will get this program fixed.
Expect more of the same for years to come unless we get aggressive here.

Thanks for your honest reply. I can't believe that it can all be on the players.

Never said he was better, did I? But there is no guarantee that Nebraska beats Purdue today even with Tommy, as Tommy is more than capable of throwing interceptions, making bad reads, and throwing tons of incomplete passes.
Maybe you didn't, but I AM saying it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT