ADVERTISEMENT

2nd Half Game Thread!!

Been watching Malik Collins the last several series, and it's been disappointing to say the least. Malik.....NFL scouts are watching the film.

On the bright side, NOBODY will be calling for Fyfe to start instead of TA for the rest of the season. Of course Fyfe may still be the starter for a while. 4 interceptions. He could have dove on it instead of picking it up maybe.

Really, then why don't you present those stats quarter by quarter? And the fact that they are losing most games says their first team players are in the fourth quarter producing offense.
You're the one claiming "cleanup". Not me.

Think Fyfe has played ok for his first start. Throws a nice ball. His whole team has let him down.

I've tried to be really positive about this staff. But they are making it really ****ing hard.

The coordinators need to go. Why did they not run the ball all game? The worst run defense in the conference with a back up QB.

This is embarrassing.

Reactions: canaham
Not disagreeing with you that there are issues with the coaching staff, but just go back and watch the effort of the defensive players in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Really sad.

I've tried to be really positive about this staff. But they are making it really ****ing hard.

The coordinators need to go. Why did they not run the ball all game? The worst run defense in the conference with a back up QB.

This is embarrassing.
t do

Think Fyfe has played ok for his first start. Throws a nice ball. His whole team has let him down.
Three Purdue TDs off of interceptions and another resulting from the bad snap he should have fallen on. What kind of a performance would you have considered to be not ok?

Certainly this shit show isn't all on Fyfe, but please spare me the "others letting him down" stuff.

Reactions: HuskerO
Three Purdue TDs off of interceptions and another resulting from the bad snap he should have fallen on. What kind of a performance would you have considered to be not ok?

Certainly this shit show isn't all on Fyfe, but please spare me the "others letting him down" stuff.
1 bad throw and clean pick, 2 caroms with bad bounces, 1 poor decision on a throwaway. You're really blaming the bad snap on Fyfe with 6 defenders around him?

Well, now we know what it feels like to be Indiana State - the only other team to lose to Purdue.

The only positive from today is that I didn't have to see Jordan Stevenson return a kickoff.

Reactions: cubsker
It's not a blowout unless you lose by 30 or more, so we have that going for us.

Haha again, you're the one claiming Purdue's offense success is from cleanup (stat related) when you obviously have no idea.
Then get the quarterly breakdowns of Purdue's offense. Since you can't, you can't refute what I said without backing up your statement.
lol great comeback, guy. You'd rather just see Nebraska lose to purdue and not make changes? You want Riley to keep on stinking the joint up for as long as possible?

Never said anything like that. Amazing thought process you've got going there. If Riley left tonight, I would be more than good with that.

1 bad throw and clean pick, 2 caroms with bad bounces, 1 poor decision on a throwaway. You're really blaming the bad snap on Fyfe with 6 defenders around him?
I didn't blame the bad snap on Fyfe, I said he should have fallen on the ball - way before he had six defenders around him - instead of turning it into a short field for Purdue. And yeah it was unfortunate that Reilly got his hands on a ball thrown three yards behind him, resulting in that bad bounce.

To be fair, I would have preferred to see Fyfe get the Matt Turman treatment today and try to squeeze out a win with a much more conservative game plan. He shouldn't have been put in a position to hand the other team 20+ points.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT