ADVERTISEMENT

2nd half BB thread

Geezus NU fans just need to take a freaking break from sports. First game, new coach a complete roster turnover and a team that is hitting everything there throwing up. Relax the sun will rise tomorrow.

Those are all good excuses for finishing in the bottom 3rd of the B1G and struggling to finish at .500. Those are not excuses for getting destroyed at home by a terrible UC-Riverside team.

This is one of the most embarrassing losses in Nebraska basketball history. It ranks up there with Incarnate Word, UMKC, and Alaska-Fairbanks.

Those are all good excuses for finishing in the bottom 3rd of the B1G and struggling to finish at .500. Those are not excuses for getting destroyed at home by a terrible UC-Riverside team.

This is one of the most embarrassing losses in Nebraska basketball history. It ranks up there with Incarnate Word, UMKC, and Alaska-Fairbanks.

Dark days. Dark days, indeed.

Reactions: TheWayITellEm
I don't understand why you want people to be happy about being a cupcake though. It's perfectly normal to criticize something if it isn't any good. It's not like anyone wants to impeach the mayor.
Geezus dude im not getting into a pissing match like you have been with other posters. Where did i say to be happy about it. Get some context and look at the big picture. Im just not going to get bent out of shape over 1 game. With all the variables involved all i stated was this is not a surprise to me.

Yeah thats the key everyone should lower their expectations! We should hope to keep it withen 15 pts at "The Bank" when the highlanders come in..

I agree... but we shpuld all lower our expectations for this team...gimme a friggen break

Reactions: SC_'sker

When did the Huskers lose to Alaska-Fairbanks?

Geezus dude im not getting into a pissing match like you have been with other posters. Where did i say to be happy about it. Get some context and look at the big picture. Im just not going to get bent out of shape over 1 game. With all the variables involved all i stated was this is not a surprise to me.

Who is getting bent out of shape? People think the team sucks. The team does suck. Big deal. Why do you feel the need to get on a soapbox about it?

At this rate they may have to start giving away free beer to get people to show up and watch these guys this year. Much worse than expected. Not even a respectable showing against one of the worst teams in the country.

4-21 in the second half. It has to be a curse. Statistics would say that you can't be that bad.

62 points is about right to where I thought we would hold them defensively. However, I thought we would score in the 80s, not the 40s.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Pretty sure Kearney could beat these guys. No, not the Lopers, the Bearcats!!!

I dont like what I see on the bench....total apathy. Say what you want about Miles...but winning or losing...there was never apathy on the bench. Players or coaches

I heard one "warning sign" this preseason when they went to Italy. They put some coaching clips up on Twitter and in one of them Hoiberg is talking to the team sternly about body language. It may be a competition between basketball and football team to see who is the softest mentally.

I heard one "warning sign" this preseason when they went to Italy. They put some coaching clips up on Twitter and in one of them Hoiberg is talking to the team sternly about body language. It may be a competition between basketball and football team to see who is the softest mentally.

I don't know if this deserves an LOL, but I chuckled.

Oh jesus. Feel better? Had to be one of the first to criticize did ya?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT