ADVERTISEMENT

2nd half BB thread

Possibly the worst shooting motion I've ever seen? What do they see in him?
He's a big body who averaged near 30 ppg his senior year. We were and are desperate for size. I actually think he'll be ok in the long run. I was a little disppointed in Green and Mack. Thought they would bring more offense. Give UCRS credit. They played good D and didn't give up many open looks. It helps them that their center could just sit in the paint and plug things up. That's why they had the big kid trying to make outside shots. I'm hoping that this game was an anomaly and that we just had a horrid game from the field. We've heard from multiple people though that this is kind of how they roll some games.

Reactions: leodisflowers
He's a big body who averaged near 30 ppg his senior year. We were and are desperate for size. I actually think he'll be ok in the long run. I was a little disppointed in Green and Mack. Thought they would bring more offense. Give UCRS credit. They played good D and didn't give up many open looks. It helps them that their center could just sit in the paint and plug things up. That's why they had the big kid trying to make outside shots. I'm hoping that this game was an anomaly and that we just had a horrid game from the field. We've heard from multiple people though that this is kind of how they roll some games.

It's early and basically these kids have had zero time to get to know each others tenancies. I think we will improve throughout as we get more comfortable. Definitely going to be growing pains, but I like our roster now better than what we would have brought back with Miles. We will get there. Like you said, it only takes having a couple of studs to really change a program.

Reactions: dinglefritz
It's early and basically these kids have had zero time to get to know each others tenancies. I think we will improve throughout as we get more comfortable. Definitely going to be growing pains, but I like our roster now better than what we would have brought back with Miles. We will get there. Like you said, it only takes having a couple of studs to really change a program.
They've scrimmaged enough together IMO to know each other well enough to show better than they did last night. I played and watched way too much basketball for too many years. This team might have some good games IF they can have a couple of guys get hot from the perimeter but that hasn't been their tendency in scrimmages or overseas. We had a TERRIBLE 2nd half shooting the ball with way too many lost possessions otherwise it might have been closer. That said, this team will be very lucky to win a game in the B1G IMO. JMHO and I don't blame Moos, Fred or the players. It's not like Fred ran off any all conference players. This was going to be a tough year no matter what IMO.

They've scrimmaged enough together IMO to know each other well enough to show better than they did last night. I played and watched way too much basketball for too many years. This team might have some good games IF they can have a couple of guys get hot from the perimeter but that hasn't been their tendency in scrimmages or overseas. We had a TERRIBLE 2nd half shooting the ball with way too many lost possessions otherwise it might have been closer. That said, this team will be very lucky to win a game in the B1G IMO. JMHO and I don't blame Moos, Fred or the players. It's not like Fred ran off any all conference players. This was going to be a tough year no matter what IMO.

Yeah it is definitely going to be a tough year, but I still think they need more time to gel. The time in Italy and preseason helps, but they all just need to learn to come together. Our shooting was awful and they did get real hot. It's going to be a shit year, but I just hope to see some progress in the right direction.

Yeah it is definitely going to be a tough year, but I still think they need more time to gel. The time in Italy and preseason helps, but they all just need to learn to come together. Our shooting was awful and they did get real hot. It's going to be a shit year, but I just hope to see some progress in the right direction.
Our offense was very worrisome . One thing that most people probably didn't catch was that UCRS added 9 new players this year to their roster in part with transfers. They improved their roster quite a bit and their big guy lost 60lbs to make him much more mobile. They're better than their record was last year but man even with their torrid shooting from 3, we should have been able to outscore them.

Reactions: leodisflowers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT