ADVERTISEMENT

1st half thoughts of HH

What’s everyone’s take on HH through the 1st half

• Solid but not great Sims should still start when healthy

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • No need to see much more, he should be starting from here in out!

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • We have a legit QB battle/ Controversy on our hands

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Not sure yet, need to see more

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters

Clemke32

Redshirt Freshman
Sep 29, 2017
Curious on what everyone thinks to this point… I think he has been solid and has managed the game, I don’t fault him in that fumble, our line is just flat out horrid… I don’t think I’ve seen enough to say he should be starting but the fact that’s he’s managed the game with minimal turnovers or one that wasn’t truly his fault, I’d be ok seeing him start until he gives us a reason why he shouldn’t be

Reactions: BleedRed78
I absolutely like what I’ve seen so far. This is just N. Illinois, so it’s hard to say if he will be able to do this against other teams, but he’s handled himself extremely well. Certainly, on the strength of the first half, he warrants consideration.

And if Sims does come back as the starter, short, short leash moving forward.

Deep ball needs a lot of work . If we are gonna keep it short intermediate passing then id like to see more screen passes..i like him off play action if he gets it out quick. But his main job is to manage the offense. Id say hes done that . I am still pushing for us to run counter handoffs to the weak side.. its well blocked and if RB1 can make one guy miss we will see huge numbers on the ground

he's our QB

there's nothing sims can do HH cannot

RS Soph - let him develop

this is the Rhule way - he will be a 5th year senior in Year 3 when everyone expects to win big

and for gods sake get Coleman out there and chuck it deep a couple times per quarter!!

he's our QB

there's nothing sims can do HH cannot

RS Soph - let him develop

this is the Rhule way - he will be a 5th year senior in Year 3 when everyone expects to win big

and for gods sake get Coleman out there and chuck it deep a couple times per quarter!!
I’d say the one thing Sims can do better than HH is run. Sims does have a lot more speed to him, which helps a lot since our line has perfected the art of “look out” blocking… otheer than that, Sims also turns the ball over better than anyone we have…

But yea besides the speed there really isn’t much Sims can do that HH can’t… I’m interested in seeing what happens moving forward!

137 first half yards against NIU. That won't cut it against better competition. While thr chatter has been over our QB, we have other issues on O.

When does our D get a turnover?

Reactions: Clemke32
137 first half yards against NIU. That won't cut it against better competition. While thr chatter has been over our QB, we have other issues on O.

this is B1G football, guy

exactly what you've been begging for all these years

His deep accuracy will get us in trouble in conference play. He's a tough runner but not as fast as Sims. Seems to be more in control. With this defense this is all we need.

Run the damn ball

Reactions: BleedRed78
His deep accuracy will get us in trouble in conference play. He's a tough runner but not as fast as Sims. Seems to be more in control. With this defense this is all we need.

Run the damn ball
What accuracy?????

100 percent truth here! I think this is what makes me more in easy than anything… I battle with myself though by asking what good is 300 yards, if we’re not scoring because we turn the ball over in the red zone… and you hit my other concerning question here and that’s the D, they’ve played lights out the first three games, but where are the turnovers? We need to force turnovers in order to win the turnover battle

NIU defense is actually their strength though? Arguably better talent wise and possibly statistically... Haven't checked yet for comparing season stats yet, but will eventually unless someone beats me to it

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.Scary13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT