ADVERTISEMENT

1ST HALF GAME THREAD!

Good. Haarberg isn't exactly lighting the world on fire against a very poor D. No turnovers though. What a bonus.

Never said Haarberg was gonna win the Heisman and get us to the B1G champ game. But he gives us a chance to punt and a chance to win.

This inept offense will struggle big time in the BIG Ten. Granted we play better in the second half, but if they can’t figure the first half out the only bowling we’ll do is at the local alley.

What sucked about it?
Lot's of stuff. Drop back passing has been awful all year and continue to do it. Need to get HH rolling out or more RPO game. This was a game where we needed to just go with the run and he was calling passing at many horrible times. Maybe it is the clock rules and timeouts, but his play calling has zero flow. Also, not working in the young WR's at all. He started to figure it out more in the 2nd half, but starting the game was awful. Needs to try and scheme around having Corcoran as his left tackle and WR's that blow.

Corcoran as his left tackle and WR's that blow.
Most people critical of satterfield never really mentioned this. But you forgot having qbs that aren't very accurate and don't read coverage very well.

I think hes doing a pretty good job attempting to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Most people critical of satterfield never really mentioned this. But you forgot having qbs that aren't very accurate and don't read coverage very well.

I think hes doing a pretty good job attempting to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.
At times yes, but continuing to try and drop back with either Sims or Haarburg is flat out stupid until TC is off the team.

At times yes, but continuing to try and drop back with either Sims or Haarburg is flat out stupid until TC is off the team.
I just don't see how you can just eliminate drop back passing from the game plan. You have to be able to throw hitches, slants, and outs from the pocket.

But the left tackle is an issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT