ADVERTISEMENT

Zane Flores Recruitment Failure Confirmed

I've never seen Flores play in person, but every time I saw his film I couldn't wrap my head around this:

How TF can a coaching staff that recruited Luke McCaffrey, Logan Smothers and Heinrich Haarberg not be interested in THIS guy?
The critical “discovery” year for Zane - his sophomore year, he threw 18 TDs vs 3 INTs almost 2000 yards and completed almost 70% of passes… in only 8 games.
Adrian threw 4 TDs 3 INTs that same year in 7 games.

I watched his film and within 20 seconds recognized he was more advanced throwing it than Adrian.

I’ve been bitter about this not for assuming Zane might be successful in college, but like others mentioned, for the stain on the reputation of the program when you entirely ignore one of the best QB talents in the State in recent memory. @king_kong_

Beyond unacceptable. Then we see what McCaffery, Smothers, and Purdy have shown as passing threats. Haarberg who was also local and given a scholly hasn’t cracked the 4 deep.

The critical “discovery” year for Zane - his sophomore year, he threw 18 TDs vs 3 INTs almost 2000 yards and completed almost 70% of passes… in only 8 games.
Adrian threw 4 TDs 3 INTs that same year in 7 games.

I watched his film and within 20 seconds recognized he was more advanced throwing it than Adrian.

I’ve been bitter about this not for assuming Zane might be successful in college, but like others mentioned, for the stain on the reputation of the program when you entirely ignore one of the best QB talents in the State in recent memory. @king_kong_

Beyond unacceptable. Then we see what McCaffery, Smothers, and Purdy have shown as passing threats. Haarberg who was also local and given a scholly hasn’t cracked the 4 deep.
Not in Nebraska any more so haven't heard of him. However why isn't he at least a four star recruit and why is his offer sheet putrid?

Not in Nebraska any more so haven't heard of him. However why isn't he at least a four star recruit and why is his offer sheet putrid?
He didn’t play the recruiting game and committed early his senior year to Gundy. Frost not offering probably didn’t help his ranking but he sure looks legit.

Reactions: king_kong_
While it's always fun to bash Frost (he just makes it too easy), let's not go overboard on this kid.

1. His offer sheet lists Bowling Green, Memphis and KU.
2. KSU offered Flores early but told him to take a hike when they got their golden boy in 5.9 four star Avery Johnson.
3. All the talk is Raiola to Nebraska next year. So barring injury, why would Flores sign up to be a backup for his whole career?
4. OSU is in all kinds of turmoil. The last part of the year they were one of the worst teams in FBS. He may get a real chance to play there that he wouldn't get elsewhere.
Exactly.

completely agree.. I still harbor a lot of anger for Scott Frost. He doesn't deserve to ever come back.
I think if he had given his all and simply failed on his original contract, that would be forgivable. What drives me nuts is his arrogance, unwillingness to fix or recognize anything wrong over 5 years, and his disgusting extension.

It feels like we got swindled.

iowa was sending millard north kids to the League 15 years and 4 coaching staffs ago after we heard this exact same thing

action >>> words in Nebraska, Mr Foley
Just listening to the transfer show. This is the largest number of signed Neb kids since ‘98. There is a difference between talking and doing. Just listen to how Rhule talks about how he recruited during that show. Attention to detail.

He didn’t play the recruiting game and committed early his senior year to Gundy. Frost not offering probably didn’t help his ranking but he sure looks legit.
20 years ago I might have agreed with you. 10 years ago this could even be a possibility. But today every recruit gets a really hard look by the recruiting services. Thus most players are exactly where they should be in terms of stars and rankings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT