ADVERTISEMENT

"You really think he's better than what we have?"

adrian martinez was statistically better than burrow last year, when the statement was made, so... he was right?

like I said, he's having a special season and it's great to watch. making himself a lot of money and might win a title along the way. happy for him and Coach O.

if you really were screaming to get burrow (doubt it) at the time he transferred, good call by you.
LSU's new OC has a LOT to do with Burrow's success. That said, Burrow looked like an All American when he came in late against NU at OSU that one year. Now he looks like an All American against Alabama's defense. The kid has good size, a good arm, is very smart, is athletic AND very accurate. Nice combo.

Last edited:
He landed in he right situation. Even if we had welcomed him with open arms and he was our starter sure we would be in a better position and bowl eligible. But being at LSU and doing what he did against Bama and more than likely making the college playoff. He would have missed out on all of that if he did come to NU. I am not an LSU fan but I am cheering on Burrow and I have always liked Orgeron.

He does, but he’s also torching top teams like Bama, Auburn, Florida and Texas. He wouldn’t be Heisman but he would have definitely gotten us wins against Colorado, Indiana, and Purdue.
^^^^^^^^^^^This.. Nebraska is probably 7-2 now and not 4-5.

I'm searching for threads clamoring for him prior to this year, and, surprise surprise, can't find any.

weird.

Well he was class of 2015, and the furthest back the archive messages go is around February of 2015, I believe after he would have signed with Ohio State. I am sure this was a topic on the board before then. I'm guessing you meant no threads about him leaving OSU? I could swear it was a topic somewhere on here around the time he announced he was going to transfer.

Reactions: Top_Gun_
Well he was class of 2015, and the furthest back the archive messages go is around February of 2015, I believe after he would have signed with Ohio State. I am sure this was a topic on the board before then. I'm guessing you meant no threads about him leaving OSU? I could swear it was a topic somewhere on here around the time he announced he was going to transfer.
there was, it resurfaced. no clamoring whatsoever.

shocking

Frost is going to get grace on this one but if Gebbia lights it up at Corvallis and we don't go bowling next season it's going to be interesting. Those are the kind of things that get head coaches fired.

What gets them fired is players getting worse under their tutelage. AM isn’t one of those guys that hasn’t bought in and we’ve all heard about how mature he is, and yet he has taken two gigantic steps back. Why? The answer is either 1) he’s got some serious personal issues going on or 2) the coaching he has been getting has sucked big time. I’m hoping it is #1 and that it gets fixed for the guy, because if it is the latter, then we’ve got coaches that can turn a Heisman talent into a wreck.

Reactions: jeans15
What gets them fired is players getting worse under their tutelage. AM isn’t one of those guys that hasn’t bought in and we’ve all heard about how mature he is, and yet he has taken two gigantic steps back. Why? The answer is either 1) he’s got some serious personal issues going on or 2) the coaching he has been getting has sucked big time. I’m hoping it is #1 and that it gets fixed for the guy, because if it is the latter, then we’ve got coaches that can turn a Heisman talent into a wreck.
Or he's had at least one major injury that has affected his confidence and throwing accuracy. He's missed almost a month of practice this fall due to injury.

there was, it resurfaced. no clamoring whatsoever.

shocking

Got you. I mistook your original message.

Just me personally thinking back at the time I would have loved to have had him come here, but I think I was resigned to the fact he wouldn’t come here. I guess if he did have any, I’m surprised there was interest on his part a 2nd time around. It certainly is working out for the best for him.

The injury to his knee? He’s been largely MIA all year long, what’s the excuse pre-injury?
He's had some type of an arm injury all season. That came out a couple of weeks ago. He's says it's better now but it sure didn't look like it. A knee though can most definitely affect a QBs accuracy.

Didn’t hear anything about an arm injury. Convenient. How does that affect his terrible decision-making in both the run and pass game.

Reactions: jeans15

No, he is not. Frost wasn't wrong. LSU has a much better team. It's easier to shine when the other members of your platoon do their job and are better at it than your foes.

That means Burrow plays on a talented football team. He wouldn't be better than Martinez playing for Nebraska. He wouldn't start in front of Martinez. There are 11 players on offense.

Martinez rolls out of the pocket alot. Most of those aren't designed roll-outs. How would Burrow do behind our line?

I'm all for bitching about how bad our football team is, but this is just a dumb scenario. Martinez isn't why we are 4-5.

Reactions: wkato
Question, at any time in his career had Burrow had a committable offer from Nebraska? Because if he did, and he was dying to be here, wouldn’t he have committed? Just wondering

Question, at any time in his career had Burrow had a committable offer from Nebraska? Because if he did, and he was dying to be here, wouldn’t he have committed? Just wondering

He got slow played by Peelini out of HS, when he did have lots of interest in NU. Don't think he was interested in NU when he decided to transfer. Besides, HCSF thought that what we had was better anyway (lol)

Things is, he wouldn't have been a Heisman candidate on our team, nor would he have look that good.

Joe Burrow has better talent around him at LSU, it’s not like we would be undefeated or above .500 if Frost decided we needed him last year..
disagree with this argument.. Great QB's make the players around them better, not the other way around.

we absolutely would not be sitting here with all these losses with Burrow here.

Reactions: Bruce1981
disagree with this argument.. Great QB's make the players around them better, not the other way around.

I agree, you start hitting receivers, folks back up, oline get bum rushed less...it's all connected

Disagree, Vedral was hitting WR, nothing changed run wise.

You think Vedral= or > Burrow?

Burrow would be dropping the same dimes here. Definitely still lose to OSU but he wins us CU, Indiana and Purdue and makes minnesota more interesting. He wouldn't just look for JD or Wandale.

You think Vedral= or > Burrow?

Burrow would be dropping the same dimes here. Definitely still lose to OSU but he wins us CU, Indiana and Purdue and makes minnesota more interesting. He wouldn't just look for JD or Wandale.

Did I say Vedral equals Burrows? My reference was to the game Vedra started and at one point was 18 of 20 passing and our run game didn't get any better. As for our WR; face it, they've dropped quite a few passes that should have been caught on key downs.

Our OL would leave Burrows exposed and running for his life with most NU fans like yourself screaming for the Backup QB to play. Burrows is good, but so is his supporting players.

Last edited:
No, he is not. Frost wasn't wrong. LSU has a much better team. It's easier to shine when the other members of your platoon do their job and are better at it than your foes.

That means Burrow plays on a talented football team. He wouldn't be better than Martinez playing for Nebraska. He wouldn't start in front of Martinez. There are 11 players on offense.

Lol....Martinez isnt in the same class as Burrow. Nebraska's offense would be miles better with him running the show. Having a qb that can make good decisions and actually throw accurate passes would completely open up the offense no matter how bad the OLine. I'll say you probably are right about him not starting here though, but that would say alot about Frost as a coach.

Maybe, just maybe, the Am from last year will show up today and maybe, maybe one of our TE will actually catch some balls. Maybe.

How come nobody talked about this a year ago. Everybody acts how smart they are after things play out. Burrow has outstanding receivers last year and did nothing. Now he is doing really good with outstanding receivers. Does anyone know how he’d do with this squad. Everyone assumes that he’d have done great with this line and receivers. What is nfl potential of his current teammates vs what would have been here. Internet boards in all aspects of life are full of shit

Sick

^^^^ This! People acting like great players around him is the only reason he has those stats. To connect on 78% of your passes you have to be a pretty good and accurate passer. You also have to be able to read defensive coverages.

Just ask Adrian, who never met a receiver he couldn’t over throw, under throw or throw behind. Also never met a defensive coverage he could read.

Oh, and I think Joe with 4 TD’s and 0 INT’s so far tonight has 37 TD’s to only 4 INT’s on the season. Yeah, those are the numbers of an average QB surrounded by great talent. :rolleyes:

Didn’t hear anything about an arm injury. Convenient. How does that affect his terrible decision-making in both the run and pass game.
It doesn't but it might explain some of his accuracy issues. His accuracy was much better last year than it is this year and I think it's mechanical. Missing a month of practice and several games can certainly affect your decision making and confidence.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT