ADVERTISEMENT

"You really think he's better than what we have?"

I'm searching for threads clamoring for him prior to this year, and, surprise surprise, can't find any.

weird.

I'm not paid 5 million a year to get the best possible players at each position to go to Lincoln. If I had been Martinez would have been holding a clipboard and would be a redshirt sophmore next season after Burrow played 2 years here.

Hindsight is 20/20. But man it’s really going to hurt knowing that the Heisman winner was dying to come to our team.

Dying to come to our team? If given the chance between NU and LSU you think he would have came here?

I guess I haven't seen anywhere stating he was a lock for NU after leaving OSU.

sound like bo poisoned the well with burrow, frost's hands are clean on this one

I'm not paid 5 million a year to get the best possible players at each position to go to Lincoln. If I had been Martinez would have been holding a clipboard and would be a redshirt sophmore next season after Burrow played 2 years here.
no, you're paid 70k/year to operate heavy machinery.

joe burrow is having a special season. last year he was the definition of average after taking 4 years and 2 schools to finally crack a starting lineup.

good for him. he's fun to watch, hope LSU goes unbeaten.

Reactions: timnsun and WHCSC
no, you're paid 70k/year to operate heavy machinery.

joe burrow is having a special season. last year he was the definition of average after taking 4 years and 2 schools to finally crack a starting lineup.

good for him. he's fun to watch, hope LSU goes unbeaten.

Yep. A guy making 70 grand operating heavy equipment would have made a better decision than a guy making 5 million to coach a prestigious football program. This is the fourth time Frost has made himself to look foolish since he's been here. I'm hoping this season has humbled him and he can get this thing together with the players he has redshirting next season. But this was a huge whiff and he even commented that he had a better QB when he didn't.

Yep. A guy making 70 grand operating heavy equipment would have made a better decision than a guy making 5 million to coach a prestigious football program. This is the fourth time Frost has made himself to look foolish since he's been here. I'm hoping this season has humbled him and he can get this thing together with the players he has redshirting next season. But this was a huge whiff and he even commented that he had a better QB when he didn't.
adrian martinez was statistically better than burrow last year, when the statement was made, so... he was right?

like I said, he's having a special season and it's great to watch. making himself a lot of money and might win a title along the way. happy for him and Coach O.

if you really were screaming to get burrow (doubt it) at the time he transferred, good call by you.

I'm not paid 5 million a year to get the best possible players at each position to go to Lincoln. If I had been Martinez would have been holding a clipboard and would be a redshirt sophomore next season after Burrow played 2 years here.
d u m a s s argument...Frost shouldn't be paid 5 million. That is absurd. But it isn't Frost's fault he went undefeated and won coach of the year...you can't blame him for making so much, you blame the people, who created and accepted his contract. If he made 1 million the outcome would be the same and you wouldn't accept him any more or less...so stop acting like his salary dictates whether he can fail or not. If didn't make enough you would say it is his low salary that demotivates him, if he makes too much he should be perfect. A salary doesn't make the worker better or worse...it is a reflection of the leverage dynamics at the time of hiring, nothing more, nothing less. Your job, my job were worth a lot less/more depending on context, it doesn't mean a person doing the job 100 years ago should be expected to do better or worse.

If Joe Burrow was here, people on here would be clamoring for AM to start the minute Joe started a game. Too bad that Urban guy couldn't figure out what a great QB he already had and let him go. We all know he can't recognize talent either.

To be fair though, there were a lot of people on here saying take a flyer on him when he left OSU.

Im thinking we needed martinez and burrow, and they could compete.
martinez might not been hurt as much too.

but hindsight is 20/20
and bo is a penguin coach

let this be a learning moment

Joe Burrow has better talent around him at LSU, it’s not like we would be undefeated or above .500 if Frost decided we needed him last year..

He does, but he’s also torching top teams like Bama, Auburn, Florida and Texas. He wouldn’t be Heisman but he would have definitely gotten us wins against Colorado, Indiana, and Purdue.

Here are some actual sentences from this article. RollingLaugh
"Two and a 50 percent months into the year, the two plans could not be getting a lot various seasons."

LSU is undefeated, most likely poised to be rated No. 1 in the College Soccer Playoff rankings adhering to Saturday’s acquire at Alabama, and quarterback Joe Burrow is the Heisman Trophy frontrunner.

Nebraska, in the meantime, is four-5, and quarterback Adrian Martinez has had a remarkably disappointing sophomore marketing campaign."

Reactions: Crazyhole
There were a definitely a few posters here (Beav was one, I think) who beat the drum hard for Frost to pursue Burrow so that NU would have an experienced bridge to Martinez and/or Gebbia. While that seemed like a good plan to me, I’ll admit I didn’t consider it a big loss when Burrow went elsewhere. Even last year, Burrow didn’t seem like a big upgrade. But man, he just keeps improving all the time and proving a lot of people wrong about his ceiling.

Dying to come to our team? If given the chance between NU and LSU you think he would have came here?

I guess I haven't seen anywhere stating he was a lock for NU after leaving OSU.

I still think we could get Aron Rodgers and with our offensive line and receivers we would still struggle. That plus the QB doesn't have anything to do with the gaping holes in our defense.

Reactions: bshirt73
Here are some actual sentences from this article. RollingLaugh
"Two and a 50 percent months into the year, the two plans could not be getting a lot various seasons."

LSU is undefeated, most likely poised to be rated No. 1 in the College Soccer Playoff rankings adhering to Saturday’s acquire at Alabama, and quarterback Joe Burrow is the Heisman Trophy frontrunner.

Nebraska, in the meantime, is four-5, and quarterback Adrian Martinez has had a remarkably disappointing sophomore marketing campaign."
How about a little proof reading.

Boy you can’t be serious, your comparing apples to oranges, maybe burrows would be better than Adrian then again maybe he tears a acl in Colorado game last year and never recovers properly. It so hypothetical
I’m sure burrows is being well paid at LSU why would he ever want to come to Nebraska for nothing

Reactions: nu2u
Listen to Sean Callahans podcast. He explains how we opted to go after a TE from North Texas rather than Burrow.

How does that equate to Burrow dying to come here? People act like he was ours to lose. Haven't seen anything actually showing that.

Burrow would still be 2nd team behind Martinez. As a matter of fact, Jalen Hurts would have been second string behind Martinez if he would have transferred here. Tom Brady would......

Reactions: rednwash
Burrow would still be 2nd team behind Martinez. As a matter of fact, Jalen Hurts would have been second string behind Martinez if he would have transferred here. Tom Brady would......

That's pretty sad but probably accurate

Frost is going to get grace on this one but if Gebbia lights it up at Corvallis and we don't go bowling next season it's going to be interesting. Those are the kind of things that get head coaches fired.

Frost is going to get grace on this one but if Gebbia lights it up at Corvallis and we don't go bowling next season it's going to be interesting. Those are the kind of things that get head coaches fired.
Fans aren't happy but will give a pass ..... again. Next year, if no bowl, could be torches and pitchforks

Didnt read the rest of the nonsense in this thread, but I know this....Burrow is a freakin stud. Looked the greatest coach and crowd in the nation in the face....and didnt flinch. Dude is arrogant and backed it up. One of the most impressive performances I have seen in a while. Loved every minute of it. Its amazing what a true leader can do for a team..

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT