ADVERTISEMENT

You gotta watch this kid again...

TheBeav815

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Feb 19, 2007
Chicago Suburbs
If you haven't watched Maurice Washington's film, you need to. He's just not quite like any other recruit I've watched run the ball. It's like somebody put his tackle breaking rating at 99. His balance is insane and it's just not fair that he's that fast to go with that kind of balance and the cuts that he makes.

There's something so effortless about how he runs. It doesn't look like he's making crazy moves but the other kids go to tackle him and he's just not there any more. If he gets it done in the classroom and on the playbook, look. the. hell. out.

Holy Moly! He kind of looks like Tmart......leaving the opponents secondary in the dust.

If you haven't watched Maurice Washington's film, you need to. He's just not quite like any other recruit I've watched run the ball. It's like somebody put his tackle breaking rating at 99. His balance is insane and it's just not fair that he's that fast to go with that kind of balance and the cuts that he makes.

There's something so effortless about how he runs. It doesn't look like he's making crazy moves but the other kids go to tackle him and he's just not there any more. If he gets it done in the classroom and on the playbook, look. the. hell. out.

Reminds me of effortless Marcus Allen

Wow. This kid has potential. If he keeps himself in check and in focus not only will he be phenomenal for the Huskers, he will have the opportunity to play on Sundays. Really excited to see him on a Saturday this fall with that N on his helmet!

Looks like Marlon Lucky at North Hollywood High School. Hope Maurice has a better collegiate career than Marlon. This kid could be special.

honest question. RB or CB. Apparently Deion thinks he can be a star as a DB. There may not be a ton of touches to go around on offense this year.

He’ll play RB for us is what all reports have indicated.

If you want a fun comparison, friends and I discussed how he looks like high school film of Adrian Peterson and Demarco Murray blended together in running style- look it up and see.
Not saying the kid will be either one, but he does look good, I like him catching some deep throws also.

Looks like Marlon Lucky at North Hollywood High School. Hope Maurice has a better collegiate career than Marlon. This kid could be special.

You know, I’m not trying to be an ass here or to pick on you. Just making a point. But I don’t get why everyone knocks Marlon Lucky as some horrible RB. Yes He was 5 star player and yes was ranked very high in the top 100 players ranking. But he didn’t exactly bomb it for us. His junior year he had 1019 rushing and 9 TDs AND 75 catches for 705 yards for 3 TDs. He could have went to the NFL early but instead came back and his senior season and he had bad luck and ended battling injuries all season. So his numbers where not as good as his junior season. Point being, he wasn’t the best RB we ever had but I disagree that he was a horrible RB or anything close to that. He was actually a solid RB for us. His skill set wasn’t that of a normal RB, that’s for.

Last edited:
honest question. RB or CB. Apparently Deion thinks he can be a star as a DB. There may not be a ton of touches to go around on offense this year.
RB is where we recruited him to play and where he wants to play. But we have a huge need at CB and schools like OSU recruited him there. So a switch could always be possible.

Last edited:
You know, I’m not trying to be an ass here or to pick on you. Just making a point. But I don’t get why everyone knocks Marlon Lucky as some horrible RB. Yes He was 5 star player and yes was ranked very high in the top 100 players ranking. But he didn’t exactly bomb it for us. His junior year he had 1019 rushing and 9 TDs AND 75 catches for 705 yards for 3 TDs. He could have went to the NFL early but instead came back and his senior season he was battling being injured. So his numbers where not as good as his junior season. Point being, he wasn’t the best RB we ever had but I disagree that he was a horrible RB or anything close to that. He was actually a solid RB for us. His skill set wasn’t that of a normal RB, that’s for.
He sucked and was a puss.

Wow! That kid has speed, agility, elusiveness, great acceleration, great vision, and good hands. I think he sees playing time as a running back for us this year. At the very least get him out there on special reams returning kicks

Reactions: 9and4
I respectfully disagree there. His junior numbers as a rusher and receiver was pretty solid. I’m guessing your labeling him a puss off his senior season and battling injuries? Players get hurt, part of football. But he didn’t suck, far from sucked. Solid career, not elite or great...but solid.

I respectfully disagree there. His junior numbers as a rusher and receiver was pretty solid. I’m guessing your labeling him a puss off his senior season and battling injuries? Players get hurt, part of football. But he didn’t suck, far from sucked. Solid career, not elite or great...but solid.
Should have rode the bench. So many yards left on the field.
but agree to disagree.....bring on washington!

Wouldn't mind seeing him redshirt, but if he's the best we got, so be it.

Looks like he needs more strength/size and could possibly maintain or even improve his speed. Reminds me of Dickerson, runs pretty upright but damn can the kid cut upfield. GBR

Last edited:
He recently said he has dropped some weight because he has spent all his time studying for his ACT. He played at 190 last year and is 170 right now. It will take him some time to get back his weight and conditioning much less to make up where he should be if he was here during the summer.

I think he has a great future as a Husker but I don't think its fair to him for anyone to think he is going to rush for 700 yds and be the next great when he just arrived on campus 24 hours before fall camp starts. JMO

A Lil bit of Johnny the Jet in him. I can't wait to see what he looks like after hanging out with Duval for a while.

quote-ron-powlus-will-win-the-heisman-two-times-and-be-the-greatest-quarterback-in-the-history-beano-cook-80-76-14.jpg

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
Lot's of hype but seriously he runs a lot like Lawrence Phillips. He can juke you like Lawrence did on his second touchdown run in the Fiesta Bowl and then have the the speed to take it all the way. Very similar running styles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT