ADVERTISEMENT

Yet another BBall BOOM

Good news. Coming from a successful program so hopefully he helps bring that mindset here.

GBR

Am I missing anyone?
Yvan Quedraogo
Cameron Mack
Akol Arop
Kevin Cross
Jervay Green
Haanif Cheatham
Matej Kavas

Derrick Walker

Stevenson

Talk about a complete roster flip. Better question is, who’s left from last years team? I love the players we are getting in...all have talent and most all of them are proven, top level basketball talent. And the past 3 players have been 6’9 234-260 pounds. We now have our meat for down low.

Am I missing anyone?
Yvan Quedraogo
Cameron Mack
Akol Arop
Kevin Cross
Jervay Green
Haanif Cheatham
Matej Kavas

Derrick Walker
Cameron Mack
Dachon Burke
Haanif Cheatham
Shamiel Stevenson (Sitting out a semester, pending waiver)
Yvan Ouedraogo
Jervay Green
Matej Kavas
Kevin Cross
Thor Thorbjarnarsson
Akol Arop
Dalano Banton (Sitting out a year)
Derrick Walker (Sitting out a year)
Charlie Easley
Jace Piatkowski

Not true...as of this commit at least.

Per the OWH:
"The addition of Walker brings Nebraska to the maximum of 13 scholarships, but one would open If Isaiah Roby chooses to stay in the NBA draft. Roby is at the NBA combine this week and projected to be picked in the mid-to-late second round next month."

Per the OWH:
"The addition of Walker brings Nebraska to the maximum of 13 scholarships, but one would open If Isaiah Roby chooses to stay in the NBA draft. Roby is at the NBA combine this week and projected to be picked in the mid-to-late second round next month."

I read you wrong, I took it to mean sorry Roby we are full and you can't come back.

Per V Tech techlunchpail

"
SG Samari Curtis
Samari Curtis immediately popped up on the radar for Virginia Tech after Curtis announced that he was decommitting from Cincinnati before announcing minutes later that he had received an offer from Virginia Tech. Since then, Curtis’ recruitment has been extremely quiet outside of receiving an offer from Nebraska last week.

Virginia Tech does have one strong connection to Curtis via former Cincinnati assistant Antwon Jackson who helped recruit Curtis to the Bearcats. In a sport where relationships are extremely critical for recruits making decisions, that connection should significantly help the Hokies even as other teams like Xavier and Nebraska push hard for Curtis as well.

Of course, the Hokies will likely need to get Curtis on campus at some point in the near future to build on the foundation that they have via his connection with Antwon Jackson, but the potential is there for the Hokies to make a major push and land Curtis.

For now though, the Hokies have made Curtis one of their top 2019 priorities and rightfully so after the Mr. Basketball of Ohio averaged over 33 points per game this past season and clearly fits the profile of being a high school recruit who could make an immediate impact."

Talk about a boomerang.

Per V Tech techlunchpail

"
SG Samari Curtis
Samari Curtis immediately popped up on the radar for Virginia Tech after Curtis announced that he was decommitting from Cincinnati before announcing minutes later that he had received an offer from Virginia Tech. Since then, Curtis’ recruitment has been extremely quiet outside of receiving an offer from Nebraska last week.

Virginia Tech does have one strong connection to Curtis via former Cincinnati assistant Antwon Jackson who helped recruit Curtis to the Bearcats. In a sport where relationships are extremely critical for recruits making decisions, that connection should significantly help the Hokies even as other teams like Xavier and Nebraska push hard for Curtis as well.

Of course, the Hokies will likely need to get Curtis on campus at some point in the near future to build on the foundation that they have via his connection with Antwon Jackson, but the potential is there for the Hokies to make a major push and land Curtis.

For now though, the Hokies have made Curtis one of their top 2019 priorities and rightfully so after the Mr. Basketball of Ohio averaged over 33 points per game this past season and clearly fits the profile of being a high school recruit who could make an immediate impact."

Talk about a boomerang.

Unreal work this staff is doing. Why in the hell was tOSU not recruiting him???? Their loss I suppose.

Did Miles get 11 recruits his entire time in Lincoln?
That jab sure seems warranted. Unbelievable what this staff has done. ...on paper. Hoping it all translates to success on the court. Sick of all the excuses that you can't recruit bb players to NU. Which was such an ignorant statement imo. Baseball is next. Softball may not be far behind.

Reactions: roadwarrier6171
I find it amazing that Nebraska pessimists once thought you couldn't ever recruit basketball players to Nebraska. Hoiberg has blown that old myth to pieces! All along you just needed a star coach to go along with those superb facilities and that outstanding fan support. The missing piece has been put in place.

That jab sure seems warranted. Unbelievable what this staff has done. ...on paper. Hoping it all translates to success on the court. Sick of all the excuses that you can't recruit bb players to NU. Which was such an ignorant statement imo. Baseball is next. Softball may not be far behind.
No disrespect to Timmy but for years I had to hear 'you cant recruit here' and 'we've always sucked so why bother?' No good coach will ever come here. Kids dont want to play at a football school. On an on and on. Hoiberg is killing all the naysayers excuses for poor results and he hasnt even coached his first game yet.

I find it amazing that Nebraska pessimists once thought you couldn't ever recruit basketball players to Nebraska. Hoiberg has blown that old myth to pieces! All along you just needed a star coach to go along with those superb facilities and that outstanding fan support. The missing piece has been put in place.
My point exactly.

Reactions: bigboxes

tenor.gif

Reactions: roadwarrier6171
No disrespect to Timmy but for years I had to hear 'you cant recruit here' and 'we've always sucked so why bother?' No good coach will ever come here. Kids dont want to play at a football school. On an on and on. Hoiberg is killing all the naysayers excuses for poor results and he hasnt even coached his first game yet.
Not sure how the puke imogi got on there. I didn't do it. But I guess it fits. There are too many artificial intelligence Gremlins.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Ec
Exactly. BB is the least affected sport by being north etc. Lame

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT