ADVERTISEMENT

Spring football

yikes!

QB throwing into to triple coverage right to the DB who is standing underneath the receiver. Easy pick, turned to a pick 6 made even easier because it was thrown behind the receiver.

This ball was thrown to a spot that only the defender had an opportunity to make a play on it.

At the :21, :22 mark you can see the pick and then about :25 the qb in the green jersey comes into the play.

Yeah I hope you are right. One thing though HS success doesn't always translate to college success at the position. We have had a ton of kids who killed it in HS but couldn't Crack the DC much here.

Roy was recruited by Cally. I actually think he was an athlete who could've played safety or RB. Everyone else you listed you got the story right. Rex and AA were Bo guys.

I hope EJ or Dowdell becomes a guy. I watched EJ and "liked" EJ but I didn't "love" him. Seems tough a nails for his size and kinda shifty. Strong for his size as well. For Dowdell it's only HS film and hard to know how it will translate. I will say he looks the part though. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

Holla
I like EJs future a lot. It seems he just keeps elevating his game. His ceiling is high IMO

Reactions: Bold Words
Most coaches worry about putting their corners on an island, so our coaches put our corners on Hills!!! bad dad joke, sorry.

Very optimistic about Blye and not surprised he looks the part out there. But will be interesting when real football comes around and he’s up against a different level of competition thens he’s played against especially since Hartzog has the experience.

Love Hatzog but he's always gonna be 5'8-5'9. Even when he's where he needs to be sometimes his height will limit him. I actually think he's tough enough to play some safety for us and would probably fit well there. If I'm being honest upside wise I'm hoping Hill beats him out. That length with long arms makes it hard on WRs and QBs.

Holla

Love Hatzog but he's always gonna be 5'8-5'9. Even when he's where he needs to be sometimes his height will limit him. I actually think he's tough enough to play some safety for us and would probably fit well there. If I'm being honest upside wise I'm hoping Hill beats him out. That length with long arms makes it hard on WRs and QBs.

Holla
They like Malcom at Safety and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Blye join Tommi for a Hill duo at CB, with Giff at Rover and a mix of older Buford, Hartzog, and Singleton at Safety. Solid group, with only Blye lacking game experience in this defense.

They like Malcom at Safety and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Blye join Tommi for a Hill duo at CB, with Giff at Rover and a mix of older Buford, Hartzog, and Singleton at Safety. Solid group, with only Blye lacking game experience in this defense.

Yeah I think that would be a good mix. I think Singelton may be a bit under valued. Before he got hurt he may have been on the verge of becoming our best DB. That dude flashed. He looked like a Sunday player.

After he was hurt though I think Gifford elevated his game to another level. If we can get Singelton back at full speed to go with Gifford and Marques Buford filling that other S spot man we could be stout. I don't think Hartzog will beat out any of those guys BUT he could be super solid depth and is probably smart enough to play any position on the back end. That is invaluable for a team that plays a lot of players.

Can't wait to put eyes on Blye. Man we will be a long athletic back end if that guy can take over and start. Let's not forget guys like Nation, baby Buford, Tarver, and company are all gonna be competing hard as well. I love our back end guys on this defense.

Holla

I took an hoping for similar success from him. I actually liked bits and pieces from all of our RBs. Just would be nice to have "a guy" who could kinda do it all. We have been spoiled at Nebraska with really good RBs for a long time. It's been a pretty long drought. Hopefully we can get that guy soon if nobody currently fits the bill. I think the guy who decommitted last year was that kinda guy. So we are on the right path I think.

Holla
An Ohio State running back will be entering the portal after spring practice.

They know where they’re going with the ball in those drills. I would like to see their arm cocked and them delivering the ball when they hit their plant foot. That receiver shouldn’t have to wait for the ball when they make their cut
Both of the true frosh QB's are going to be thrown into the deep end of the pool. Mistakes will be made. Lessons will be learned. Sink or swim.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT