ADVERTISEMENT

Yant

7.4 avg and the highest long of 64 for a RB too.

The rest of those running backs suck in comparison.

Screen-Shot-2021-11-20-at-9-25-52-AM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: BleedRed78
Yant put up a lot of yards against a terrible Northwestern defense and it skews the average. That said, I liked what he brought physically but he sure as hell blew that play near the goal line. Big fast back and as I said before he's a P5 caliber back. Refusing to go in to a game is just stupid. I said earlier this fall that we weren't going to have enough footballs to go around for all of the backs we have. Clearly he screwed up.

If his feelings were hurt, somebody must have jerked him around pretty good.. that is what I think.

I remember a QB who got jerked around by Scott too.. he got back at him as well.
As much as I wish Gebbia had stayed, he didn't get "jerked around". IF he had got over his butthurt he shortly would have been starting after Adrian got hurt and had a chance to prove on Saturdays that he deserved to keep the job. Instead he walked. That's on him.

Yant put up a lot of yards against a terrible Northwestern defense and it skews the average. That said, I liked what he brought physically but he sure as hell blew that play near the goal line. Big fast back and as I said before he's a P5 caliber back. Refusing to go in to a game is just stupid. I said earlier this fall that we weren't going to have enough footballs to go around for all of the backs we have. Clearly he screwed up.
if you remove that game (I don't know why we should, it was what he accomplished).

his ypc is still 5.9 and a long of 33.

As much as I wish Gebbia had stayed, he didn't get "jerked around". IF he had got over his butthurt he shortly would have been starting after Adrian got hurt and had a chance to prove on Saturdays that he deserved to keep the job. Instead he walked. That's on him.
he absolutely got jerked around.. that was no real QB competition that Scott closed down just when he thought he was safe from the transfer window...

I have no problem with highly productive players telling an idiot coach to pound sand.

if you remove that game (I don't know why we should, it was what he accomplished).

so? He wouldn't go in the game when he was called on. It doesn't matter if he has a shitty attitude and won't play when you need him. Again, I've been one of his biggest fans.....until this stupid move. I would bet he's sorry he did it now.

Reactions: HuskerDana
so? He wouldn't go in the game when he was called on. It doesn't matter if he has a shitty attitude and won't play when you need him. Again, I've been one of his biggest fans.....until this stupid move. I would bet he's sorry he did it now.
well I think someone had been jerking his chain, that is what I think, and then at the last minute, Frost wants to use him for 1 play, but not the rest of the game, then I can understand it.

I would feel that way too.. heck, you have been playing 'mr suck' rahmir all game, and now when it really counts, you want me to go in and save your ass? FU buddy.. should have been playing me all game long.

No. Scott knew he could still transfer to a school on the quarters system. You forget. Frost coaching in Oregon for several years. He named his QB when he thought he needed to in order to get enough first team reps heading in to their first game. All indications were that Gebbia was fine until he called home and his dad started making phone calls.

he absolutely got jerked around.. that was no real QB competition that Scott closed down just when he thought he was safe from the transfer window...

I have no problem with highly productive players telling an idiot coach to pound sand.
What your "intel" doesn't mention is the number of times that Yant missed his assignments on blitz pick ups. It also doesn't mention the times when he ran in to the QB because he forgot how to run the play. His mental errors were why he wasn't playing more.

Reactions: woodman79
No. Scott knew he could still transfer to a school on the quarters system. You forget. Frost coaching in Oregon for several years. He named his QB when he thought he needed to in order to get enough first team reps heading in to their first game. All indications were that Gebbia was fine until he called home and his dad started making phone calls.
it was Oregon State that operated on a quarters based system, not Oregon, and I highly doubt Frost knew that. You have to be really naive to believe that line of bs from Frost.

well I think someone had been jerking his chain, that is what I think, and then at the last minute, Frost wants to use him for 1 play, but not the rest of the game, then I can understand it.

I would feel that way too.. heck, you have been playing 'mr suck' rahmir all game, and now when it really counts, you want me to go in and save your ass? FU buddy.. should have been playing me all game long.
Rhamir is a good back who is good in pass pro, a good receiver and who has break away speed. IF he gets in the open he leaves safeties and corners in the dust. He's our most complete back and I see why he starts.

And he isn't playing at Oregon State - injury?

What your "intel" doesn't mention is the number of times that Yant missed his assignments on blitz pick ups. It also doesn't mention the times when he ran in to the QB because he forgot how to run the play. His mental errors were why he wasn't playing more.
the kid is a true freshman..

it doesn't matter how many mental errors Martinez makes.. he gets to play every down, every time. as a senior too!

it was Oregon State that operated on a quarters based system, not Oregon, and I highly doubt Frost knew that. You have to be really naive to believe that line of bs from Frost.
There are multiple schools on the west coast who operate on the quarters system. Frost has recruited enough to know that. BTW, OREGON ALSO RUNS ON THE QUARTERS SYSTEM.

the kid is a true freshman..

it doesn't matter how many mental errors Martinez makes.. he gets to play every down, every time. as a senior too!
Go have a drink. You're obsessing over a RB who refused to go in to a game and a QB who without discussing it with his QB coach or head coach left the team. It's a bad look for you.

Go have a drink. You're obsessing over a RB who refused to go in to a game and a QB who without discussing it with his QB coach or head coach left the team. It's a bad look for you.
and you and your kind wonder why the team sucks so bad in the win loss column.. freaking losers.

• Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz
Frost jerked the kid around. period.
Your hatred for Frost is clouding your opinion on this. I'm sorry but you're just wrong on this one. Rhamir is our best all around back. PERIOD. Love Yant's running style but he made a cut when he didn't need to near the goal line and probably cost us a win.

Your hatred for Frost is clouding your opinion on this. I'm sorry but you're just wrong on this one. Rhamir is our best all around back. PERIOD. Love Yant's running style but he made a cut when he didn't need to near the goal line and probably cost us a win.
Nothing cloudy about 3-7, sitting in 6th place in the west division.

keep defending our loser coach, loser
I'm not defending our loser coach. I don't even really like the guy all that much. I'm saying you don't let a player get away with refusing to go in the game when called on. That's bullsh##. Whether or not I like Scott Frost has nothing to do with whether or not I wanted him retained or fired in this case. It was about what I think is best for the football program and the university.

I'm not defending our loser coach. I don't even really like the guy all that much. I'm saying you don't let a player get away with refusing to go in the game when called on. That's bullsh##. Whether or not I like Scott Frost has nothing to do with whether or not I wanted him retained or fired in this case. It was about what I think is best for the football program and the university.
it is bs.. I agree with that, but knowing what we know about this coach, and other incidents with him and players leaving, I am not so quick to defend him.

We have had a lot of great players leave this program, all the while we are told the remaining scrubs are great players, when they aren't. That's not the way to build a team or a winning program.

If this was an isolated incident with this staff, then I would probably react to it the way you do, but to me, it's another indictment of why the record is what it is.

Last edited:
it is bs.. I agree with that, but knowing what we know about this coach, and other incidents with him and players leaving, I am not so quick to defend him.

We have had a lot of great players leave this program, all the while we are told the remain scrubs are great players, when they aren't. That's not the way to build a team or a winning program.

If this was an isolated incident with this staff, then I would probably react to it the way you do, but to me, it's another indictment of why the record is what it is.
We've had ONE good player leave this program during Frost's tenure. Wandale. Speilman has done nothing. As much as I like his skills, Gebbia really hasn't done anything either. He was small and not very strong and he's constantly been injured at OSU.

For a freshman walk on RB who Frost awarded a scholarship so quickly to, Yant showed his immaturity and ungratefulness. He needs to grow up. Stop blaming the coaches for an 18 year old's foolishness.

Reading you is like watching a catastrophe unfold before my eyes. I just can't believe what I'm reading.

So if a player can't start, he should just go all snowflake.

Gotcha.

Pure supposition if not pure fantasy.

We've had ONE good player leave this program during Frost's tenure. Wandale. Speilman has done nothing. As much as I like his skills, Gebbia really hasn't done anything either. He was small and not very strong and he's constantly been injured at OSU.

For a freshman walk on RB who Frost awarded a scholarship so quickly to, Yant showed his immaturity and ungratefulness. He needs to grow up. Stop blaming the coaches for an 18 year old's foolishness.

Speilman was a great player for us. Wandale was decent too. Several of the QB's had above average passing ability that we could have used.

We probably have lost a half a dozen defensive players a couple of recruiting classes ago, a bunch from Florida as I recall.

Then there is the Mo Washington screw up that could have been much better managed, and maybe that one is on Held.. I don't know.

Then there was the RB who was brought in.. Greg Bell, who earlier in this year was like the #4 running back in the country who previous left this disaster.

There are more, so no, this is not an isolated incident. This is 4 years of purging good players for lesser players, and then some fans just eat up excuses like it tastes good. C'mon man.

Reactions: bigboxes
Speilman was a great player for us. Wandale was decent too. Several of the QB's had above average passing ability that we could have used.

We probably have lost a half a dozen defensive players a couple of recruiting classes ago, a bunch from Florida as I recall.

Then there is the Mo Washington screw up that could have been much better managed, and maybe that one is on Held.. I don't know.

Then there was the RB who was brought in.. Greg Bell, who earlier in this year was like the #4 running back in the country who previous left this disaster.

There are more, so no, this is not an isolated incident. This is 4 years of purging good players for lesser players, and then some fans just eat up excuses like it tastes good. C'mon man.
Speilman was a good but not great player for us. He refused to block on run plays and quit. Greg Bell is not a "great" player. I've watched him play. He's slow and...quit when he didn't get to start a game. Mo Washington screwed up his own life. There was no way to manage that better. Good Lord man. Get a grip.

WHAT QBs other than Gebbia maybe had "above average passing ability"? Damn man. Just stop digging.

Reading you is like watching a catastrophe unfold before my eyes. I just can't believe what I'm reading.

So if a player can't start, he should just go all snowflake.

Gotcha.
I didn't say that.. I just wanted to understand what would cause that kind of response from a kid..

what is wrong with you people? you can't put your thinking cap on and interpret some of the garbage going on?

apparently not.. you just eat the bs shoveled to you like the sheep you are.

Speilman was a good but not great player for us. He refused to block on run plays and quit. Greg Bell is not a "great" player. I've watched him play. He's slow and...quit when he didn't get to start a game. Mo Washington screwed up his own life. There was no way to manage that better. Good Lord man. Get a grip.
well I think the head coach is to blame and has a history of mismanaging the personnel on the football team.

I could build one hell of a team with the guys who have left.

well I think the head coach is to blame and has a history of mismanaging the personnel on the football team.
whatever. You've got over 100 17 to 22 year olds on a football team. Heaven forbid you think that it could be immature kids many of whom think they deserve to start and ALL who were "the man" at their high school. Time for some of these kids to be men and not whiny little teenagers.

Reactions: headcard
Hi Mr. Sixx. I know you don't know me but I c you are clearly not a fan of Coach Frost. I understand that he might have done some things that you weren't totally on board with. I hope you will be ok. I was jus wonderin' can you play the intro to Home Sweet Home?

I didn't say that.. I just wanted to understand what would cause that kind of response from a kid..

what is wrong with you people? you can't put your thinking cap on and interpret some of the garbage going on?

apparently not.. you just eat the bs shoveled to you like the sheep you are.
It's your issue.

You keep tossing emotive crap against the wall, hoping something will stick.

YOU: Frost made mistakes since arriving as the hc at NU.

What a shock! I mean, no one has ever said this before! Thanks so much for the insight. Here's a reminder for you: TO was looking at the CU job because of people like you.

YOU: Frost is driving away valuable players.

He sure as hell did, some who needed to go away (Florida wieners among others) who, BTW, haven't done shite anywhere else.

YOU: I'm gonna throw a bunch of emotions on the board and you better take them as fact.

I have spent too much of this night asking you to back up your claims with facts. So far, nuttin.

Hi Mr. Sixx. I know you don't know me but I c you are clearly not a fan of Coach Frost. I understand that he might have done some things that you weren't totally on board with. I hope you will be ok. I was jus wonderin' can you play the into to Home Sweet Home?
I play guitar, bass, and drums.. the piano, not my strong suit. 😎🤘

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT