ADVERTISEMENT

WOW! This is the show we get to look forward to...

saw a lot of very good things
TA played under control - we are going to need more than 5/10 for 108 (most of which came on one play) in bigger games - but no TOs so that is a +

hopefully we continue to make progress

will get a better assessment in the Oregon game but to suggest that we have playoff level talent is ludicrous
I feel sorry for Riley for the heat he might take from those with the mind set that this is a playoff caliber team - but who knows maybe they are right - will see if we are in the playoff hunt going forward

Last edited:
As i said in my first post, we should have had the backups in towards the end of the 3rd quarter. If the goal is to win a conference title, this team is far from it. Sorry about the reality check, but its true.

As i said in my first post, we should have had the backups in towards the end of the 3rd quarter. If the goal is to win a conference title, this team is far from it. Sorry about the reality check, but its true.

Osborne usually didn't have the backups until the second half off the 4th quarter. First game and lots to improve on. But it was a win and fairly dominant despite it not being a blowout by halftime. No one said we were world beaters. You disappointment in not being playoff contenders does not mean we are not on track. It's going to take more than a year with the players MR inherited. I'm going to remain optimistic. You may carry on with your disappointment.

Reactions: timnsun
56313379.jpg
Are you just too unintelligent to post anything but memes? According to your bio, you're in your mid-40s. And you post the above. Here we are.

How many times have you been reprimanded for being a dumbs***?

And go ask husker power hour if I've ever posted there. You're the nimwit making the claim, so I'd like to see you, for once, back up your talk with evidence.

Inb4 another meme. Saved on the hard drive of a 40+ year-old's computer.

Also, Compaq Presario.

Osborne usually didn't have the backups until the second half off the 4th quarter. First game and lots to improve on. But it was a win and fairly dominant despite it not being a blowout by halftime. No one said we were world beaters. You disappointment in not being playoff contenders does not mean we are not on track. It's going to take more than a year with the players MR inherited. I'm going to remain optimistic. You may carry on with your disappointment.

Never said i was disappointed, just stating some facts. Seems the same issues are still the norm despite a new staff. Maybe it dosent have anything to do with coaching at all. Only thing different is the record

Yep, This is Classic MR teams. Not sure why people thought this year was going to be any different than his last 20+ years. I understand it is 1st half of first game, but this team looks no different than last year maybe even worse, if that is possible. Fresno is not good, we have a lot of tough games this year, on the road plus. Buckle in for another rough year.
First game Bud,this was a hard game for them to play,the emotions for Sam,alot going on ,I think coach Riley got them back in the game at halftime.No worries here,did you see the Northwestern score ?

Of course the goal is to win a conference championship... But I'm pretty sure most have been saying the division championship comes first. Some have invoked "anything can happen" if we are there, but most are saying we need to get to the championship game, not necessarily win it.

Are you saying we aren't even division championship material? We continue to get the recruits, we will be in a position to win the CC... But we aren't there yet.

But seriously, who in the west is ready? In another couple of years we might be. Depending on the coach, it doesn't happen overnight... Riley will get us there, I believe, but it will take some time.

Reactions: HuskerO and jlb321
Glad to see HCMR was just as pissed last night about the performance than some of the excuses read on here. Oh well, just critical of the first half and the sloppy mistakes we saw last year as well. Agree they played the second half better and give them that. I support HCMR but the yes first game and first half, I guess I just expected better. Glad Mike saw it the same way as us "nervous nellies".

Are you just too unintelligent to post anything but memes? According to your bio, you're in your mid-40s. And you post the above. Here we are.

How many times have you been reprimanded for being a dumbs***?

And go ask husker power hour if I've ever posted there. You're the nimwit making the claim, so I'd like to see you, for once, back up your talk with evidence.

Inb4 another meme. Saved on the hard drive of a 40+ year-old's computer.

Also, Compaq Presario.
At least he can be happy, you cry and talk enough crap to make you a board joke.

Pot calling the kettle.....

Reactions: headcard
I thought we looked okay. We showed some flashes on offense and defense. In a lot of ways, our offense reminded me of 2014 again. We are somewhat limited in what we can do with Tommy, but I thought he played a good game as well. He was smart with the ball, except that one time over the middle, that was a bit scary. I'd like to see him go deep once a quarter if possible. I would agree with the analyst, that he looks to be more accurate when on the run vs just hanging in the pocket. I also think we will pass more as the season goes along.

All the backs looked good. Newby looked more decisive, Ozigbo looked improved all around, and Tre has a nice burst and ran tough.. He looked faster than what I expected.

I thought our receivers played well at times, and was good to see Alonzo get the ball on a few sweeps. Those looked like good plays.

Defensively, they picked on Jackson a few times, but he will get better because of it. I think it's going to be a work in progress. Sometimes we got pressure, while other times we did not, but I thought they played hard.

Fresno State played hard too and while they are lacking in talent by comparison, I thought they looked better than a 3-9 team. If they continue to play hard, they will be a good team this year.

I was also glad to see that Mike was not happy with aspects of the game. The penalties and lack of production on offense at times was not good. Again, on offense, if felt like 2014 at times in that TA is just sort of limited in what he can do.

Was glad to see Fyfe get in there and zip the ball around. He can help open up a bit of the short to intermediate passing game, and would like to see him get a series or two each game if possible, just to keep the defenses honest.

I think we have a lot to look forward to. I don't think we are a 10 win team this year, but it's only game 1, so if they work hard and improve we have the inherent talent to make it to Indy.

Longer term, I think Mike is doing the best he can with the players he has, but there will be a different feel to 2017. If any recruits are worried about running too much (which we kind of did) things will look a lot different next year with a more pro style QB.

Will be interested in hearing how the recruits liked their visit.

Go Big Red.
Great post. Only thing I would like to add is that Tommy should have had two more completed passes.

The first was a semi-deep ball along the top sideline that our WR dropped. I can't remember who the WR was and it would have been a tough catch, but it hit our WR in both hands (even in the chest I think) so in my opinion that was on the WR for not making a play.

The second was a completed pass down the middle for a first down (to Cethan Carter maybe), but it got called back for Illegal Formation (didn't see which player lined up incorrectly).

Still nothing stellar from Tommy, but those 2 plays in particular would have been big ones for Tommy and the passing game.

He's a retread. Not that should disqualify him from speaking his mind. You just have to take that into account when attempting to understanding his mindset.
Speaking your mind is fine. Without debate, it'd be a pretty boring place.

Calling people names everywhere on the other hand, and I can see how he'd have to retread himself. Lessons seldom learned.

Calling people names everywhere on the other hand, and I can see how he'd have to retread himself. Lessons seldom learned.
Disagree... He has never shown any respect to other posters who are giving these coaches a chance. Not once. All he does is spout crap, and if you disagree he goes after you with sarcasm and name calling. So yeah, if it seems like some posters treat him that way, it's only in response to how he treats them first. I speak from experience.

Reactions: GBRhuskers
Disagree... He has never shown any respect to other posters who are giving these coaches a chance. Not once. All he does is spout crap, and if you disagree he goes after you with sarcasm and name calling. So yeah, if it seems like some posters treat him that way, it's only in response to how he treats them first. I speak from experience.
I think you mean you agree. I said speaking your mind is fine, more so on the team. There's a way to do it though, and thus, that's why I said he's had to retread himself.

I'm all for debate, just be civil and classy about it.

Reactions: timnsun

He felt threatened and called me and some others some names. I've been on this board long enough to let that slide of my back. Everyone knows who I am. I called him out for being part of the pitchfork crowd, which he was. He took offense to that. I have my biases as well. Just not against the current coaching staff.

I think you mean you agree. I said speaking your mind is fine, more so on the team. There's a way to do it though, and thus, that's why I said he's had to retread himself.

I'm all for debate, just be civil and classy about it.

The way he talks and is incredibly negative he has to be a former Bo retread.

He felt threatened and called me and some others some names. I've been on this board long enough to let that slide of my back. Everyone knows who I am. I called him out for being part of the pitchfork crowd, which he was. He took offense to that. I have my biases as well. Just not against the current coaching staff.

Most of the time you can tell if someone is...
A. Troll
B. Opposing fanbase guy
C. Bo lover
D. Tom loyalist

He comes across as a C to me. Especially when I deal with him cause his attacks on me are incredibly personal. And I went after Bo hard for a lot of years.

How in the entire hell did this ridiculous thread make it to 3 pages????

Because college football is back!!! GBR

Reactions: red rover 70
Here is the problem that should worry people, if this was a Mich St or Ohio St or Iowa, heck even a Minn or Ill. Yes people shouldn't be freaking out. This is Fresno St a 3-9 team from last year. There is no reason we should look this bad against them. Non So when we actually play a good team, and we play this bad we will be down by 20 points at this point.

1st game - very conservative game plan - emotional night - lots of new starters - limited info on what our opponent would do on offense/defense. I'll give this team a few more games before I offer critical comments.

Reactions: jeans15
I suspect you'll see the full Monte come Oregon and after that. We beat them 43-10 and that makes me smile. Oklahoma and LSU and would be happy with a W right now.

A. Troll
B. Opposing fanbase guy
C. Bo lover
D. Tom loyalist

He comes across as a C to me. Especially when I deal with him cause his attacks on me are incredibly personal. And I went after Bo hard for a lot of years.

Red, you just keep on being you. This place should be fun to come to. Don't let the bullies chase you off.

A. Troll
B. Opposing fanbase guy
C. Bo lover
D. Tom loyalist

You are just so twisted but funny

The first two posts here say all you need to know about the quality of this thread.

I will say reading comments such as..... this thirty minutes into the season..... are pretty entertaining, however. Keep up the good work, guys! LMAO

Last edited:
Reactions: HuskerO
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT