ADVERTISEMENT

WOW! This is the show we get to look forward to...

Yep, This is Classic MR teams. Not sure why people thought this year was going to be any different than his last 20+ years. I understand it is 1st half of first game, but this team looks no different than last year maybe even worse, if that is possible. Fresno is not good, we have a lot of tough games this year, on the road plus. Buckle in for another rough year.

i understand that alot has happened to the program lately. Unnecessary attention, very sad tragedy, players hurt. We are missing some starters. But it seems like there is a lack of intensity and taking along time for playcalling again. No hustle on the offense to get back for the next play. I know it is the first game also. What do you guys think. Hopefully it picks up.

Yep, This is Classic MR teams. Not sure why people thought this year was going to be any different than his last 20+ years. I understand it is 1st half of first game, but this team looks no different than last year maybe even worse, if that is possible. Fresno is not good, we have a lot of tough games this year, on the road plus. Buckle in for another rough year.
It's called being non-relevant for so long that you will latch onto anything to give you a glimmer of hope for the future - even a coach that has never coached a championship team of any type.

Maybe I'm crazy but I thought we looked pretty dominant in the first half. Just started shooting ourselves in the foot and allowed them to hang around.
Here is the problem that should worry people, if this was a Mich St or Ohio St or Iowa, heck even a Minn or Ill. Yes people shouldn't be freaking out. This is Fresno St a 3-9 team from last year. There is no reason we should look this bad against them. Non So when we actually play a good team, and we play this bad we will be down by 20 points at this point.

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
So I'm at a disadvantage, because I'm not able to watch the game tonight... Only getting updates on my phone.

What I see right now is the score is 28-10 and we seem to be running the ball pretty well... I've seen some pressure on the QB, including multiple sacks... We aren't playing a perfect game but I guess some here have that expectation or something?

This is the first game... some of you already have your pitchforks ready. jeez.

Reactions: Crushinator
95% of fans beg the coaches to run run run. They do, which results in clock running quickly. Yet predictably, it results in an overmatched team giving up and winning by 30+.

I saw a defense tackle much better. I saw their receivers more covered than last year. I saw an offensive line move guys out of the way en route to 300 rushing yards. This team is noticeably better than last year and that's without Gerry.

I agree. I expected Riley to sing the praises of a team that wore out the opponent but instead he saw many areas to improve. I like it.

I agree. Many areas to improve upon. However, you got to like the positives. Take away that blocked punt and you'll feel even better. It's game one. Work on what went wrong. Tre Bryant looks like the shiz, even against tired 4th quarter guys. DPE is not back. That is sad. We'll see if he progresses. We complain about the 8 yard completions. Yeah, I didn't like them. On the other hand, we didn't give up the big play. The way I see it, there are lots of positives. No one said we were world beaters. On the same note, we are not going to get beaten by the world. Stay tuned Husker fans!

Lol! Just admit things weren't as bad as you were crying about and move on. No one in this thread said anything about playoffs.

Maybe next time before whining, let the game finish... Just a suggestion...

You can see the posters, many ITT, that were just waiting for something to complain about the staff/players. I mean, chompin' at the bit. I remember one go right after Tommy on the very first poor zone read. They couldn't post all the good plays he ran prior to the one that didn't work. No, just the one that blew up. It's the end of the world as we know it... and I feel fine!

I particularly liked Riley's sarcastic comment that we can't seem to make a good play without tacking on a celebration penalty. Hopefully, there will be some consequences. We need to clean up all penalties but the selfish ones are total crap.

I like that HCMR was not satisfied.
Need to stop the dumb penalties, clean up punt returns, etc..plenty of positives, no injuries, 300 yards rushing, no turnovers, solid D play, outside of a blocked punt and a bogus targeting call we could have shut them out, all our backs looked good. Couple turnovers by our DB's, Moore looked good. They had a lot to deal with, from Foltz, to WR coach suspension, Gerry and Reilly suspended. Losing a couple O lineman before the game. I thought they handled it well. On to Wyoming. GBR

Last edited:
Reactions: GretnaShawn
Funny, looking at the OP's posting history, this is the first time he/she has posted since February and what do they post? A hit and run.

2nd half was much better than the 1st (shock). Wasn't a great performance but it's the first game and still won by 33. Considering how last year's first game went, I will GLADLY take this result.

Maybe this thread shows that fans are chasing ghosts and need to quit living in the past and embrace this team. This team can be a 10-2 or 9-3 team, a major step forward.

I think the game plan was about as reserves as it could be and yet the team took all of the emotion of the summer and fall so far, along with not having 2 starters and ended up with a 43-10 opening day win. The team will improve as the season goes on and get better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT