ADVERTISEMENT

Would you honestly take the Nebraska job if you were Scott Frost

I can’t wrap my mind around how anyone that calls themselves a Husker would choose to be head coach anywhere else when they could be the head coach at Nebraska.
Exactly, would be the dream job. Only one guy can have it.

I wouldn’t take it if I was Frost. That’s why there’s hesitation on his part about the toxic fan base.
He grew up a fan, his family and friends are fans. Toxic fan base, what a bunch of bs. I’m sure when he was winning national championships as a player or coaching in title game as OC, he thought “someday I hope I can coach a nice team in the American Conference, where the fans have no expectations”.

Reactions: TheNewNU
He grew up a fan, his family and friends are fans. Toxic fan base, what a bunch of bs. I’m sure when he was winning national championships as a player or coaching in title game as OC, he thought “someday I hope I can coach a nice team in the American Conference, where the fans have no expectations”.

I think that a guy that truly loves the Husker football program and is willing to commit to taking over the dumpster fire that is Nebraska right now, just needs to be given reassurances that he won’t be ousted without a fair shake. Riley didn’t get a fair shake. Frost would need to be allowed to hire his staff, do things his way and Be garunteed 5 years. If we want A guy like frost to take the job because it’s his dream job, then we need to give him a real chance to do it and not undermine Him after 2.25 years.

Reactions: headcard
Not sure about your math here but let's use 5 million for a base. 5 times would be 25 million, and 10 times would 50 million. Ain't gonna happen.

Could and would are completely different. Read again....

GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE SAND! There is toxicity and you can’t be helped if you’re too blind to see it! The venom spewed toward Osborne causes Frost to hesitate as it should. He would have agreed to take the job if he didn’t have this hesitation.

Say UCF offers you 5 mil a year to stay. Would you really jump ship to go to a program that seems to go through a coach every 3-5 years?

Breaking News! These big “blue blood” jobs are fools gold. Kevin Sumlin did a great job at Texas A&M and it looks like his efforts took 10 years off his life.

Freaking Gus Malzahn is going to get fired if he loses at on Friday!
Late to the discussion but we go through coaches in 3-4 years because they suck.

We are really starting to overthink this. If Frost WANTS to come home to NU he will. Moos will be more than equitable on compensation and a higher offer from UF won't matter. Conversely, if Frost doesn't WANT to be at NU it won't matter how much we offer. Here is where we really have to trust that Moos has his ducks in a row, and is ready to move fast on Frost or whoever he has lined up. Deep breaths and enjoy Thanksgiving. :D

The biggest reason for Frost is it will bring the fan base back together then great things will happen. So saying fans are an issue is bs, he has seen it when the masses are in unison and nothing better in CFB. He will get 5-7 yrs easy and maybe lifetime. I have no doubt he turns this place around. Recent coaches were devoured by the fractures in the base, Scott won't have that for at least 5-7 years.

The biggest reason for Frost is it will bring the fan base back together then great things will happen. So saying fans are an issue is bs, he has seen it when the masses are in unison and nothing better in CFB. He will get 5-7 yrs easy and maybe lifetime. I have no doubt he turns this place around. Recent coaches were devoured by the fractures in the base, Scott won't have that for at least 5-7 years.
He won’t bring this fan base together. There are a lot of idiots against ANYTHING Osborne.

No fear, been very quiet. If there was desperation it would be very loud. Not saying Frost is a lock but be real clear, if the noise was SF going elsewhere or not interested it would be crazy on this board. Just seems very low key right now, Moos has to know what Neb wants and have yet to see signs of panic or desperation.

Yes, because Scott loves this program as much as we do. He has said so himself many times.
Not everyone on this board loves the program. Some are also desperately hoping our fan base is let down in a few days.

Would I?
Yes absolutely yes, and it's nothing against UCF.
I would for so many reasons.

I wouldn’t take it if I was Frost. That’s why there’s hesitation on his part about the toxic fan base.
This is total crap.
Toxic? Fans not even filling half of their stadium for a top ten team is toxic.
Wanting a head coach fired after he tells the fans to F off, and has seven years to not make the program any better is not toxic.
Wanting to fire a coach after the shit show we have seen the past three years, especially this year with obvious regression, is not toxic.
If Nebraska is toxic, so is every other fan base of a blue blood program and even most power five non blue blood programs. It's all relative.
I'd say Nebraska is less toxic than most. We fill our stadium, we support other sports at NU, we are far more kind to our own players and coaches than most blue bloods.
Nebraska fans are not toxic. We are some of the greatest fans on earth. This crapping on our fanbase needs to stop.

Last edited:
Say UCF offers you 5 mil a year to stay. Would you really jump ship to go to a program that seems to go through a coach every 3-5 years?

Breaking News! These big “blue blood” jobs are fools gold. Kevin Sumlin did a great job at Texas A&M and it looks like his efforts took 10 years off his life.

Freaking Gus Malzahn is going to get fired if he loses at on Friday!

aTm isn't a blue blood. Neither is Auburn.

This is Frost's dream job. Only reason he is taking it

I think that a guy that truly loves the Husker football program and is willing to commit to taking over the dumpster fire that is Nebraska right now, just needs to be given reassurances that he won’t be ousted without a fair shake. Riley didn’t get a fair shake. Frost would need to be allowed to hire his staff, do things his way and Be garunteed 5 years. If we want A guy like frost to take the job because it’s his dream job, then we need to give him a real chance to do it and not undermine Him after 2.25 years.

Riley will have been here for 3 years, not 2.25 by the time he is fired unless he wants to gracefully retire from going .500 forever.

Very few fans would have chosen this guy....from ANY FAN BASE IN THE COUNTRY!!!!! Not even Oregon St wants him back yo!!!

He's a nice guy, he's not a championship coach. He's not even a .600 coach bro

Reactions: huskerfan1414
frost can match Dr. Toms career winning percentage and still get bad mouthed on here in the future.

he can't get that at ucf.

frost can match Dr. Toms career winning percentage and still get bad mouthed on here in the future.

he can't get that at ucf.

There were OU fans that bad mouthed Stoops and Bama fans that had complaints about Saban. This stuff is a part of the game and they are all aware of it.

All I know is that coaches are competitive people and they understand the pressures of winning at places that demand it. Greater risk can bring greater reward.

Individuals like Scott have a competitiveness in them that is not shared by everyone. There is no way he stays at UCF for that reason, whether his choice is Nebraska or otherwise.

Nah, I would much rather play in front of a 1/3 full stadium of people whiling away the hours waiting for tee times. :(

Reactions: headcard
No, we claim to have the “best fans in the country” but we may easily have the worst fans. We have stupid expectations, and we always assume we will be wining titles or have chance ever year. Nothing wrong with that but when your thinking of firing a coach who’s only made into his 3rd season, why would any coach that wants to have a chance, come here? If he doesn’t hit big and FAST he too, will have fans calling for his head by start of 3rd season. And he knows this.

No, we claim to have the “best fans in the country” but we may easily have the worst fans. We have stupid expectations, and we always assume we will be wining titles or have chance ever year. Nothing wrong with that but when your thinking of firing a coach who’s only made into his 3rd season, why would any coach that wants to have a chance, come here? If he doesn’t hit big and FAST he too, will have fans calling for his head by start of 3rd season. And he knows this.

3 years is plenty of time for a coach to show progress. Much more than enough time to show progress. And these coaches know that they have done a poor job. They know they should be fired.

3 years is plenty of time for a coach to show progress. Much more than enough time to show progress. And these coaches know that they have done a poor job. They know they should be fired.

Oh I don’t mean we should keep Riley, he took a job that was not a good fit for him. But other coaches will see this and think twice when it comes to taking our HC spot. HCs aren’t stupid and know the same fate will be on there head as well if they come here.

Just remember you said this. Three years is plenty of time. Then going forward, there can be no excuses?

Oh I don’t mean we should keep Riley, he took a job that was not a good fit for him. But other coaches will see this and think twice when it comes to taking our HC spot. HCs aren’t stupid and know the same fate will be on there head as well if they come here.

Thanks simply not the case. Any coach worth his salt thinks that he can be successful at nearly any program.

We aren't any different than any other program. Riley would have been fired after a year like this at many programs. And they wouldn't have to be Blue Blood programs either.

Reactions: oldjar07
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT