ADVERTISEMENT

Would you honestly take the Nebraska job if you were Scott Frost

I think that a guy that truly loves the Husker football program and is willing to commit to taking over the dumpster fire that is Nebraska right now, just needs to be given reassurances that he won’t be ousted without a fair shake. Riley didn’t get a fair shake. Frost would need to be allowed to hire his staff, do things his way and Be garunteed 5 years. If we want A guy like frost to take the job because it’s his dream job, then we need to give him a real chance to do it and not undermine Him after 2.25 years.
Absolutely the problem with this program the last 15 years hasn’t been the fans it’s been the Athletic Department. Moos needs to show candidates that those days are done, that he is here to support them not to meddle and grab for power. And I think he will.

Just remember you said this. Three years is plenty of time. Then going forward, there can be no excuses?

Why would I change? This has been a complete implosion, and any coach would expect to be fired after something like this happened after 3 years at a program.

Thanks simply not the case. Any coach worth his salt thinks that he can be successful at nearly any program.

We aren't any different than any other program. Riley would have been fired after a year like this at many programs. And they wouldn't have to be Blue Blood programs either.

What about Oregon State?

What about them?

You posted exactly what I was going to post. What about them? Riley very likely got out of Dodge before they could fire him there too.

Nebraska wasn't "One Last Adventure." It was a loser AD whose social mushroom personality never developed relationships with any decent coaches, and he took Mike Riley as his 3rd or 4th choice, because when the first 3 were called on the phone by Shawn Eichorst, the first 3 said "Who?"

Edit - It was a perfect marriage of two poor performers that came together to give birth to a heaping pile of crap.

Last edited:
GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE SAND! There is toxicity and you can’t be helped if you’re too blind to see it! The venom spewed toward Osborne causes Frost to hesitate as it should. He would have agreed to take the job if he didn’t have this hesitation.
Who is spewing hate toward Osborne? If so what are they saying?

Because I could get paid just as much at UCF and have more job security with less stress.

Would you work at a place with no upward mobility? Go undefeated at Nebraska and you are playing for a National Championship. Can the same be said at UCF? I think not likely. Outside looking in most likely at UCF.

Also, I don’t think head coaches get in the business to play it safe. It is an ego thing. Would you rather have the keys to a BMW or a Hyundai? Nothing against a Hyundai because it gets you there but if given the choice which would you REALLY choose?

ADVERTISEMENT