ADVERTISEMENT

Would you honestly take the Nebraska job if you were Scott Frost

BigNUFan51

Walk On
Nov 29, 2015
Say UCF offers you 5 mil a year to stay. Would you really jump ship to go to a program that seems to go through a coach every 3-5 years?

Breaking News! These big “blue blood” jobs are fools gold. Kevin Sumlin did a great job at Texas A&M and it looks like his efforts took 10 years off his life.

Freaking Gus Malzahn is going to get fired if he loses at on Friday!

Say UCF offers you 5 mil a year to stay. Would you really jump ship to go to a program that seems to go through a coach every 3-5 years?

Breaking News! These big “blue blood” jobs are fools gold. Kevin Sumlin did a great job at Texas A&M and it looks like his efforts took 10 years off his life.

Heck yeah. Give me 5 million for a year and then fire me and I'll still get paid for a few more years....why not?

Heck yeah. Give me 5 million for a year and then fire me and I'll still get paid for a few more years....why not?

Well money aside, it basically resets your coaching status if you fail and turns a fan base against you. Considering Frost has fam here, would he really want to risk it? Very big risk. Very big decision for him.

Then again, turning down Nebraska might cause a rift between Frost and the fans as well. Not saying I would be butthurt over it but some would I'm betting.

Last edited:
Depends, this job would have to be a labor of love or a way to make big money and scoot.

Frost is already rich. If I was him and I was already rich, honestly 5 mil a year isn't going to, for me, be a big reason.

Just like Bill Gates or Warren Buffet, it isn't about the money, they have that, its about:"The game not the goal, In the deed the glory"

Would be the same for me too. I'd be coaching to put my mark on CFB not to get rich. They're already rich.

Reactions: headcard
You asked --- if I were Scott Frost I would stay at UCF. He can have great success there, build something pretty special, perhaps get them into a different league and feel good about what he has done for the next 3-5 years. Then after you are pretty well seasoned, you can take on something like Nebraska. It just seems like this place is a mess right now.

All that being said, I am not one for taking the big bucks or the glamour jobs. Turned down several in my career, maybe a mistake but I will never know. I enjoyed the smaller organizations.

Last edited:

No.

3 years ago, yes.

Sad

Because I could get paid just as much at UCF and have more job security with less stress.
Or you can coach a big time program at your Alma mater. Chase you dreams, compete for national championships. Not everyone just wants what is easiest. UCF is small time and SF has coached and played at the highest level. If I’m him, I can’t get out of there soon enough. I would be greatful for the opportunity, but I want to bring championships back to Nebraska, not take it easy and collect a paycheck.

Reactions: FrostTroll
Because I could get paid just as much at UCF and have more job security with less stress.

Nebraska could literally pay him 5 to 10 times the amount of money that UCF could. Secondly, I believe that offer is a load of BS.

You can always go back and coach a UCF type school if you get fired at the highest level. Look at Lane Kiffin.

Most coaches will only be able to dream of getting to coach at a big-time program. If Scott Frost wanted a low-stress job, he would have stayed at the investment firm job he had after retiring from the NFL. But he only lasted a week at that job before he got the itch to coach.

You can always go back and coach a UCF type school if you get fired at the highest level. Look at Lane Kiffin.

Most coaches will only be able to dream of getting to coach at a big-time program. If Scott Frost wanted a low-stress job, he would have stayed at the investment firm job he had after retiring from the NFL. But he only lasted a week at that job before he got the itch to coach.
Exactly this. No offense to anyone, but the kind of guys looking for low stress, easy jobs aren’t college football coaches. These are driven guys, with huge egos, that aren’t worrying about failing. They want to compete and win big. Herman, Peterson, Kelley, Myer all had it easy at their small school jobs, but none stayed because college football coaches arent wired to be content with that.

Yes, because Scott loves this program as much as we do. He has said so himself many times.

One other thing:

UCF started football in 1979.

Since then, not counting interim coaches, you have had 7 head coaches.

In that same time frame, not counting interims, Nebraska has had 5.

So if he would want to go somewhere he’s likely to be for awhile, Nebraska offers him a better chance.

This year I would take the job.

IMO Moos is the real deal and Perlman is out of the picture.

Nebraska realizes it squandered it's high regards with unbelievably stupidity and are ready to support a good coach.

Reactions: maplesyrup95
Nebraska could literally pay him 5 to 10 times the amount of money that UCF could. Secondly, I believe that offer is a load of BS.

Not sure about your math here but let's use 5 million for a base. 5 times would be 25 million, and 10 times would 50 million. Ain't gonna happen.

Heck yes, everything in place to take this back to the top, needs a leader and Frost is that type of leader!! He will get anything he wants. Admin, boosters know what this hire means

Reactions: Sinomatic
I wouldn’t take it if I was Frost. That’s why there’s hesitation on his part about the toxic fan base.

I’m guessing our best and brightest have been frequenting your board. So you’ve responded by sending the same up here.

I’m guessing our best and brightest have been frequenting your board. So you’ve responded by sending the same up here.

Banned from saying Frost should have been hired 3 years ago.

Probably banned when he doesn't take the job.

Figures

I can see both sides. I would understand him staying at UCF if he chose to. He is building something good there with players galore to choose from in Florida. He could put his stamp all over that program. The only issue I see is them not being part of the P5 programs, but that could change.

On the other hand, “dream” jobs don’t come open often. Now may be the time for him to make his move. One issue would be the obsession with him from the fan base. He is not the end all/be all for Nebraska football. Still, I think he would do a very good job in Lincoln.

It all boils down to what Scott and his family want want.

Reactions: Crider_Alpha

Your post proves exactly why Scott Frost should get out of the south and come to Nebraska. How many programs allowed a head coach to coach for 22 years before they won a title? Frost does not want any part of the SEC or ACC because the expectations are through the roof because of the presumed "recruiting" advantage. All he has to do at nebraska is put a disciplined, hard-working team on the field, that beats teams that we outspend. He can lose to Ohio State, Penn state, Michigan occasionally...should go .500 against Wisky, and .750 against Iowa. That will make him 9-3 and 10-2 pretty much every year. Some fans might be pissed but this abomination we have had for the last 17 years should prime us to be more patient.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT