ADVERTISEMENT

Worst offensive line play in a looooooong time...

Coaches and a better Tommy could have helped though. Indiana ran run blitz nearly every play. That's where you need some better play calls and a QB who can punish that kind of gambling D. It simply wasn't there today.

Coaches and a better Tommy could have helped though. Indiana ran run blitz nearly every play. That's where you need some better play calls and a QB who can punish that kind of gambling D. It simply wasn't there today.
too bad we couldn't burn them on them blitzes with some short passes

On the last drive when TA hit a super-quick slant to Riley I was like - where the heck has that been all day? I'll have to watch the tape, but the slants and middle looked soft all day.

Reactions: sparky62
We've been killing people all year who blitz against us with the little dump pass. Couldn't get it going today.

It was a tough day for the OL. I didn't realize Gates had a bad ankle as well. Hopefully we can get ALL those guys up front healed before trip to Madison!

Reactions: Jason R Ward
Prob one of the worst OLs in the history of the program. Gates will play on Sundays but the other doods blow goats.

It sure is amazing how negative people are after we win. Indiana is a good team. I feel great and am very proud of the grit and determination shown by the huskers GBR.
I'm not sure what you mean by this… I'm just about as positive as they come, and I'm ecstatic that the team won today. It was just a tough day for the Oline. Do you disagree?

I would agree the o line was awful and some how we pulled it. Cried to the d and a couple clutch plays. Need to get better up front
Gonna be tough for our O line to get better. Our preseason injury losses really hurt and now with the in season injuries we are really digging deep in to the depth chart. Thank heavens for a mobile senior QB.

It sure is amazing how negative people are after we win. Indiana is a good team. I feel great and am very proud of the grit and determination shown by the huskers GBR.
The win was great. Best win on our schedule so far.

That said..... every Dline left on our schedule is better than the one the big uglies faced today, with Purdue being the exception but they are close. Hopefully these boys get healthy and/or get that attitude right.

Reactions: jeans1515
The win was great. Best win on our schedule so far.

That said..... every Dline left on our schedule is better than the one the big uglies faced today, with Purdue being the exception but they are close. Hopefully these boys get healthy and/or get that attitude right.
I disagree. Only OSU & Wisconsin DL will be better than what we saw today

Also the play calling was baffling at times today. Maybe Langsdorf just kept hoping this oline would get it together but never did.

Anyone know what the deal with Decker, Gaylord and Barnett is? I know they're young but seems odd to me that when we have injuries, it's always Conrad or Whitaker substituting, no matter the position.

Anyone know what the deal with Decker, Gaylord and Barnett is? I know they're young but seems odd to me that when we have injuries, it's always Conrad or Whitaker substituting, no matter the position.

It is pretty telling to me that Barnett can't get playing time. Something hasn't click d with him yet or something. Because the door is wide open.

Reactions: NYC-Husker
It is pretty telling to me that Barnett can't get playing time. Something hasn't click d with him yet or something. Because the door is wide open.
The kid is huge....as in maybe too huge. I'm not sure how he moves. I believe he plays on extra points at least. I think we'll see him play down the road but it looks to me like he's too heavy right now.

Reactions: NYC-Husker
That was significantly worse than Indiana. WTF. I shouldn't complain, 7-0, we found a way to win, and I know they were daring us to pass, but how does a team that bad at run defense get so many TFLs?

It's not that there horrible. We have some really good o lineman. But we are beat up bad upfront with injuries and today it showed. Tommy was running for his life on most passes.

And the fact that teams stack the box on 1st/2nd down and we continue to run right at it. We rarely consider playaction pass to make them pay for it early in the game to make them back off.

Reactions: jeans1515
last week i said they couldnt tread water in a bathtub; this week I am saying they couldn't push a rolling pin down hill. It's bad. REAL BAD.

That was significantly worse than Indiana. WTF. I shouldn't complain, 7-0, we found a way to win, and I know they were daring us to pass, but how does a team that bad at run defense get so many TFLs?

Purdue coaches are building their resumes. They had nothing to lose today, so they could play 8 in the box all day if they wanted. A coaching staff and team with nothing to lose can create a pretty difficult team to get a win against.

Purdue coaches are building their resumes. They had nothing to lose today, so they could play 8 in the box all day if they wanted. A coaching staff and team with nothing to lose can create a pretty difficult team to get a win against.

Purdue did a great job today with their defensive scheme...too bad it takes our team a long time to adjust to it.

Indiana lost again today (3-5 I believe). Still think they are a "good team"?

Purdue did a great job today with their defensive scheme...too bad it takes our team a long time to adjust to it.

But...how do you adjust to an 8-man front, when two of your best receiving threats are on the bench? With Carter and Westerkamp on the field I think we win by a much more comfortable margin.

Reactions: B3Vandy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT