ADVERTISEMENT

Woods Crystal Ball

Ok. You lead the heroes games 7-3. All time NU 29-19-3. I guess if your trophy case was only filled with heroes trophies then you don't have much else to brag about. Let me know when you win a National title. Or 5.

But what about 1958, when Iowa went 8-1-1? LSU was undefeated and #1 in both the AP and Coaches polls, but Iowa really wanted to be Champions, so they claim it anyway.

Ok. You lead the heroes games 7-3. All time NU 29-19-3. I guess if your trophy case was only filled with heroes trophies then you don't have much else to brag about. Let me know when you win a National title. Or 5.
Minnesota has a dusty trophy case too. And they beat Iowa a lot before the 80’s. So that’s a thing Huskers and Gophers have in common ;)

Minnesota has a dusty trophy case too. And they beat Iowa a lot before the 80’s. So that’s a thing Huskers and Gophers have in common ;)
Enjoy your Mike Riley days. With as bad as we've been with Frost, you guys can barely beat his team. I'll give you this, you do have the scoreboard and there isn't a lot of response right now.

But what about 1958, when Iowa went 8-1-1? LSU was undefeated and #1 in both the AP and Coaches polls, but Iowa really wanted to be Champions, so they claim it anyway.
They want to claim 1958 because all white LSU didn’t beat any integrated teams, but I pointed out that Alabama all white team beat a integrated Nebraska team in the 1966 Orange Bowl for the National Championship..

Ioway beat a Cal team that lost to Pacific, Michigan St and Oregon St and wasn’t even ranked in the top 10 entering the Rose Bowl game..

They want to claim 1958 because all white LSU didn’t beat any integrated teams, but I pointed out that Alabama all white team beat a integrated Nebraska team in the 1966 Orange Bowl for the National Championship..

Ioway beat a Cal team that lost to Pacific, Michigan St and Oregon St and wasn’t even ranked in the top 10 entering the Rose Bowl game..

Maybe they can claim another title in a couple years, when they are the only all-white team in cfb.

JFC Scott Frost, we seriously have Missouri buffoons all over this board because of you! We’re talking about fans whose barometer of success is literally GETTING INTO the SEC.

Scott effing Frost...

Reactions: pduff
JFC Scott Frost, we seriously have Missouri buffoons all over this board because of you! We’re talking about fans whose barometer of success is literally GETTING INTO the SEC.

Scott effing Frost...

Scott Frost didn’t make them mary their cousins.

• Haha
Reactions: pduff
Are you still on campus?

Countless more people from Nebraska travel to Missouri than vice versa.

It’s amusing that so many people from Nebraska and other surrounding states travel to Missouri to spend time and money in the Ozarks, catch a Royals, Chiefs or Cardinals game. In many instances, Missouri becomes their permanent home as that’s where they find employment.

Wise up Nubs! You poor folks want and need Missouri for leisure and employment.
Have the Missouri schools received Federal certification yet? I know their elementary and middle schools lost their certification several years ago.

There are a lot of factors that have gone into Nebraska's struggles the last several years.

3 coaches in five years, led to a ton of roster turnover. Big changes in offensive and defensive schemes led to a bunch of players that didn't quite fit in the systems, many left and many were square pegs in round holes.

Poor in game coaching and decision making from the QB position made the results much worse than they had to be the last few years. Nebraska has flat given away a bunch of games lately. Just last year without AM's INT in the endzone against NW and CTB's muffed punt against Iowa, we win both games and are right in the hunt to win the division.

Bad luck with injuries also took a toll on Nebraska. In 2019 we lost three kickers to season ending injuries. We couldn't kick FG's and had to pouch kick kickoffs, which cost us multiple games. In 2018 AM was intentionally hurt against Colorado, which not only cost us that game, but the next against Troy. Those are crazy outside the ordinary injuries. We wish we had the depth and/or coaching to overcome those, but we have not.

So what has caused all of Mizzou's struggles over the same time frame and why are fans so confident this coach is an improvement? He didn't show any improvement last year. Is the optimism purely based on early recruiting results?
You know you've brought up some great points. A few that were very important. AM intentional injury against CU. He's never been the same since

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT