ADVERTISEMENT

Will we get to the illinois qb?

redwine65

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010
many are fearful of martinez getting hurt,
but what is our chances of blitzing and shaking up the illinois qb?
do we have the horses to do it?

we'd better or he'll look like tom brady against us like last year

They established the run last year and Peters got to throw the ball in good situations and had a really good day to boot. That being said, he is actually not a very good quarterback. His 106.2 rating last year was roughly 20% worse than Martinez 133 and his best year of 128.6 was worse than Martinez 2019 numbers. I would add that last years game was way more about how bad we played that day then what Illinois did. If we had been playing Iowa that day we lose by 40+.

If we can force them into passing situations I really like our DB against there WR core and also think we can get pressure in those situations. If they are running the ball all over us and throwing when they want to I don't see us getting to him.

Reactions: BleedRed78
The only way they touch him is if they dropped the COVID protocols and they allow good-game handshakes after the game.

• Haha
many are fearful of martinez getting hurt,
but what is our chances of blitzing and shaking up the illinois qb?
do we have the horses to do it?
Side note. I bet they have a wildcat package with their qb turned wr that we’ll need to deal with

play action may neutralize the pass rush.
i hope we can find some spots we've struggled here.

Doubt it, Peters is mobile. We will struggle to contain him. We haven’t had a decent pass rush in years!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT