ADVERTISEMENT

Why didn’t we recruit Joe Burrow?

Why did urban Meyer pick a half ass qb to start over joe when he saw joe play for 3 years
Because Haskins had more stars to his name and was higher rated. Haskins HAS to be better. So you start Haskins, but you will have to ignore how good Burrow looks in practice. -Urban Meyer, from his little known book Always Travel Home With The Team.

Last edited:
Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
I read somewhere that he wanted to come here but we said ‘no thanks.’

Would it have mattered? Why does this thread reappear every ****ing week?

In 2014, Perlhorst was hell bent on firing a staff that won at least nine games in their seven seasons. Would Burrow have come to play for Riley after Pelini and his staff was fired?

I get that this dipshit fanbase just wanted a shitty coach whose priority would be saying how much he loooooved THE GREATEST FANS IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL. That's ALL THAT MATTERS TO THEM.

I mean, who cares if he can coach. Just recruit STARZZ baby! CALABRASKA!! And tell the local media how wonderful and intelligent they are!

Kudos to Riley for his brilliance in cashing NU's checks and sucking.

Hasn't NU football been the better because of Perlhorst's wisdom? Remember when Iowa wasn't a game that mattered!

Last edited:
Why did urban Meyer pick a half ass qb to start over joe when he saw joe play for 3 years

And why did he have a tiny, pretty boy with a noodle arm ( who ended up being a journeyman WR) ahead of him at second string.

And you’re kidding yourself if you think Burrow does as well here under Mario as he did at LSU.

We obviously didn’t have 3 starting NFL WRs. At best, he’s have had Stanley Morgan and Joey has him now and still never throws to him.

We’d have won a lot more games and been better off short-term with Joey. But Joey was way better off going to LSU and we were better off Long-term because the pretender coaches weren’t able to hide behind him

...and if Burrow came here, he would have been sitting on the couch liker you and I watching NFL games on TV. SF did him a favor for not bringing him here!

In 2014, Perlhorst was hell bent on firing a staff that won at least nine games in their seven seasons. Would Burrow have come to play for Riley after Pelini and his staff was fired?

I get that this dipshit fanbase just wanted a shitty coach whose priority would be saying how much he loooooved THE GREATEST FANS IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL. That's ALL THAT MATTERS TO THEM.

I mean, who cares if he can coach. Just recruit STARZZ baby! CALABRASKA!! And tell the local media how wonderful and intelligent they are!

Hasn't NU football been the better because of Perlhorst's wisdom? Remember when Iowa wasn't a game that mattered!
giphy.gif

Admittedly, ignoring Joe Burrow is on the list of “Bad decisions that has put the Huskers where they are today”, but I’m not sure that it’s even in the top 100.

Because Tim Beck had his eyes on Lamar Jackson, then after whiffing on him went all in on a QB that ended up not committing here either and eventually got moved to TE.
All the while, Burrow at his signing day interview, openly stated his “dream was to play for Nebraska, but it didn’t work out”.
Then when Joe was going to transfer, we had that wonderful quote of “is he better than what we already got?”.

I said it before and I’ll say it again, it worked out best for Burrow to never have come here. I doubt he’d be in the NFL, let alone about to play in the AFC championship game if he had committed here.

Burrow is lucky he didn't come as he would have been working behind a pretty jenky offensive line.

Reactions: jsachisler
My cable guy, and word on the street , have the real story

the owners of rivals knew what burrow would become. There was a concerted effort by them to pay burrow not to come here and to pay the coaches not to pursue him. The “ better than what we’ve got” quote was also written by a PR firm to ensure maximum longevity.

the goal in all of this was to piss off an otherwise disinterested fan base and drive clicks on a message board for a team that has gravitated to mediocrity. How many “why no burrow” and “better than what we’ve got” posts did this generate and what was the resulting ad revenue?

worked like a charm.

Reactions: Riled Up
I read somewhere that he wanted to come here but we said ‘no thanks.’
I think there's smoke here. I too heard that Burrow wanted to come to NU. He was legacy, but Scott Frost said, "Is he better than what we got?" I kid you not. National championship at LSU and number one draft pick left many of us shaking our head at Scott Frost.

Last edited:

1. Pelini sucked. He didn't meet the standard. He would have never won a conference championship, let alone a national championship here at NU.
2. Scott Frost is worse than Mike Riley. Pathetic.

Reactions: HuskerO
Burrow is lucky he didn't come as he would have been working behind a pretty jenky offensive line.

He doesn't need a good offensive line. Cincinnati has a putrid line and how is he doing?

1. Pelini sucked. He didn't meet the standard. He would have never won a conference championship, let alone a national championship here at NU.
2. Scott Frost is worse than Mike Riley. Pathetic.
Yep. I've seen some absolutely dipshit takes up here, but I don't think I've ever seen one that can hold a candle to this mixture of words:

"this dipshit fanbase just wanted a shitty coach whose priority would be saying how much he loooooved THE GREATEST FANS IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL."

Yeah.

There was a huge groundswell of fans in 2014 asking Eichorst to hire a shitty coach.

I remember the hunger strikes, the message board posts, the newspaper articles, town hall meetings, banners hanging on campus -- all united around the theme "Give us a shitty coach or give us death".

Then, when Mike Riley was hired, it was like a veil was lifted. Celebrations galore. It was like New Year's Eve, the official end to a pandemic, an announcement of year-round NFL, and a permanent Kardashian ban from all media platforms all rolled into one glorious afternoon, and spilling into the next day.

Liquor stores sold out within 10 minutes. Runzas across the state flung their doors open -- free food for all.

Valentino's made an immediate comeback if only for the one day. Not the shitty Valentino's but the awesome Valentino's with that glorious buffet.

Bonfires erupted almost spontaneously. Herbie Husker was seen riding a bull down Vine.

The campus barely survived the ensuing celebration. Every functional adult in the state got laid. The population of Nebraska exploded 9 months later and schools are over capacity to this day.

All because the fans got what they wanted all along. What they had been pining, begging, and pleading for all along.

A shitty coach.

He doesn't need a good offensive line. Cincinnati has a putrid line and how is he doing?
Burrow doesn't win the Heisman and get to be the number 1 draft pick if he played in Lincoln.

Yep. I've seen some absolutely dipshit takes up here, but I don't think I've ever seen one that can hold a candle to this mixture of words:

"this dipshit fanbase just wanted a shitty coach whose priority would be saying how much he loooooved THE GREATEST FANS IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL."

Yeah.

There was a huge groundswell of fans in 2014 asking Eichorst to hire a shitty coach.

I remember the hunger strikes, the message board posts, the newspaper articles, town hall meetings, banners hanging on campus -- all united around the theme "Give us a shitty coach or give us death".

Then, when Mike Riley was hired, it was like a veil was lifted. Celebrations galore. It was like New Year's Eve, the official end to a pandemic, an announcement of year-round NFL, and a permanent Kardashian ban from all media platforms all rolled into one glorious afternoon, and spilling into the next day.

Liquor stores sold out within 10 minutes. Runzas across the state flung their doors open -- free food for all.

Valentino's made an immediate comeback if only for the one day. Not the shitty Valentino's but the awesome Valentino's with that glorious buffet.

Bonfires erupted almost spontaneously. Herbie Husker was seen riding a bull down Vine.

The campus barely survived the ensuing celebration. Every functional adult in the state got laid. The population of Nebraska exploded 9 months later and schools are over capacity to this day.

All because the fans got what they wanted all along. What they had been pining, begging, and pleading for all along.

A shitty coach.
We wanted a shitty coach because we didn't want HOF head coach Bo Pelini. We didn't appreciate his greatness so we got what we deserved. Husker fans suck! /sarcasm

Burrow doesn't win the Heisman and get to be the number 1 draft pick if he played in Lincoln.

You have no clue what he does in Nebraska, but we obviously know he doesn't need a good offensive line to produce a high rate.

because the bengals were completely loaded with surrounding talent..
and burrow could'nt help NU...and frost seen this in the 97 crystal football...?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT