ADVERTISEMENT

Who's our top QB target in '18?

It has to be McKee. He looked great facing all the D1 talent at IMG last year.

I am no expert of QBs, but after watching the film on McKee and Yankoff, McKee has some wobble to his passes while Yankoff is a little off on how throwing technique (threw off balance or off his back foot a lot, but he did make accurate throws).

McKee looked better as a passer, but Yankoff must be the dual threat QB that Riley spoke of in a recent interview (NSD?) as his running is impressive.

I hate to miss getting a great QB just because of the chance of injuries and transfers, but with the last two QBs, one would think 2018 would be a year the staff could whiff and get away with it (if they weren't able to get any of the QBs mentioned in this thread).

Whoever they recruit and get, I just hope Langs gets all of his QBs to excel while at NU.

I like McKee, but I think he is a BYU or Stanford lock. He's an LDS kid, and even if he doesn't choose BYU, there is a strong chance he takes his Mormon mission for two years. I'm not sure Nebraska would be interested in that scenario.

I hate to miss getting a great QB just because of the chance of injuries and transfers, but with the last two QBs, one would think 2018 would be a year the staff could whiff and get away with it (if they weren't able to get any of the QBs mentioned in this thread).
In addition to injuries and transfers, you can add early entry to NFL. Lee may be one and done if he has the year everyone hopes he does. I think they're going to definitely need at least one QB in the 2018 class.

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
I don't think there is enough QB depth on the roster to scare anyone off.

Especially considering that our top two QBs were injured throughout the 2016 season and in a normal situation our 3rd string QB might have played at the end of the Maryland game when Fyfe broke his wrist and probably started against Iowa instead of TA being forced to start because POB was redshirting.

Reactions: Cornicator
I think you guys might like Kevin Doyle's film. From the first pass thrown, he had my attention for how effortless he makes it look. Rivals says we have offered. Enjoy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT