ADVERTISEMENT

Our administration better have an awesome hire in the works…

1. Delusional
2. Meh
3. Delusional
4. Dumb
5. Delusional
6. Delusional
7. Delusional
8. Delusional
9. Tough sell to get here, maybe
10. Realistic
11. Why?
12. Delusional

Worst list assembled on here so far, other than Rhule & BoB. One of those two will be the new coach
This program must really be in the dumps if guys who don't even have coaching jobs or are working at a lower level currently are considered delusional. I don't believe it is and I still believe we're a blueblood program who can attract coaching talent if the right offers are made. Leipold is considered delusional? He would take the job in a heartbeat if a reasonable offer was made to him.

I don't think it matters who Trev hires. This board is going to be a shit show that day no matter what.
Likely several times. Once when the HC is announced and every time assistants are named. I read the word "elite" on here a lot. Hmmm

Reactions: JOHNNY N
This program must really be in the dumps if guys who don't even have coaching jobs or are working at a lower level currently are considered delusional. I don't believe it is and I still believe we're a blueblood program who can attract coaching talent if the right offers are made. Leipold is considered delusional? He would take the job in a heartbeat if a reasonable offer was made to him.
No sitting P5 coach that nebraska would want will touch that job ... not a single one. Hard to swallow that pill i'm sure, but truth. That job is toxic and a career killer. Going to take the right coach to come in and change that perception before thinking you can just pluck anyone you want. Fickell isn't taking that job. Meyer isn't taking that job. Maybe Herman isn't in the delusional list, hut he'd be a tough sell just like Rhule is.

Compare my list to the one that looks most likely right now based on the tealeaves.

1. Bill O'Brien
2. Moenken
3. Mickey Joseph
4. Gary Patterson
5. Matt Rhule

Reactions: fivewords
Except that he didn’t include “nut job troll.” That’s the best description of him. He definitely has mental issues. I don’t understand why he hasn’t been banned yet.
Because I haven't attacked anyone and I'm just giving my opinion, which you and many others just can't wrap your head around being as close to the truth as anyone else around here wants to give. I've given positive comments too, you just are only capable of getting mad at the ones that hurt to accept as truth

Because I haven't attacked anyone and I'm just giving my opinion, which you and many others just can't wrap your head around being as close to the truth as anyone else around here wants to give. I've given positive comments too, you just are only capable of getting mad at the ones that hurt to accept
No, you’re a nut job troll. I can smell it on you.

You are such a weasel. You want Leipold out so he doesn't bend the kitties over for years and so we don't hire away your guy. A weak Kansas is good for Kansas State fan.
Off-topic here, but Leipold really flipped that KU squad. It's almost as if the first position group Leipold went after was the OL.

The year before Leipold was the KU coach, they carried 19 kids in the OL.
The first year LL was there they had 21 kids, but 3 of them were Super Seniors and there were 9 (NINE) underclassmen as OL from the previous year that were no longer on the squad. 4 Freshmen OL and 5 Soph OL are all gone.

May have been injuries, academic issues, homesickness, etc., but the bottom line is that OL was beginning to transform from the first year LL got there.

(*Edited*) That would be comparable to retaining SRs like Hixson, Bando, and Williams as grads that play one more year. Then parting ways with 4 freshman/redshirt freshmen and 5 sophomores who have not contributed.

But, would include recruiting the equivalent of 8 new OL that make the roster in year 1 of Leipold. Seems as though KU lost 9 kids they may not have thought could play and brought in 8 kids who they thought might be able to help. Just my opinion of how LL began to flip that KU roster.

Last edited:
Off-topic here, but Leipold really flipped that KU squad. It's almost as if the first position group Leipold went after was the OL.

The year before Leipold was the KU coach, they carried 19 kids in the OL.
The first year LL was there they had 21 kids, but 3 of them were Super Seniors and there were 9 (NINE) underclassmen as OL from the previous year that were no longer on the squad. 4 Freshmen OL and 5 Soph OL all were gone.

May have been injuries, academic issues, homesickness, etc., but the bottom line is that OL was beginning to transform from the first year LL got there.
Signed 3 OL in the 2021 class

Signed 3 OL in the 2021 class
Others may have been walk-ons? I don't follow KU so I didn't do a deep dive, was curious as to how LL had flipped almost 50% of that entire roster from the time he got there in a 2 year period.

Others may have been walk-ons? I don't follow KU so I didn't do a deep dive, was curious as to how LL had flipped almost 50% of that entire roster from the time he got there in a 2 year period.
Maybe he was forced to by kids leaving after Les

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT