ADVERTISEMENT

Where NU Ends Up Recruiting Rankings

Cairo and Venice was that way for me ...probably not exactly what you were asking...but we walked right off the plane

well if our recruits are expecting it to be like Cairo or Venice, some signals were mixed in the recruiting process.

Where will NU end up at the end with the Rivals Team Ranking?

While some put little faith in these rankings AND by all accounts sometimes coaches, fans and teams put more faith in them than they should, statistically, they matter.

In the last 2 years the following numbers were associated with the rankings

20- 1863, 1854
25- 1727, 1750
30- 1682, 1668
35- 1584, 1594

NU is currently at #51 with 1249 points with 14 kids
The average recruit star ranking is a VERY respectable 3.36

Only the highest 20 recruits on each team count
Based on the formula- NU conservatively should end up with about 1744 points
That assumes just 1 mid range 4 star, 1 high 3 star, 3 mid 3 stars and 1 low 3 star

Based on where other teams are now who already have their 23+ etc- that would put NU at about 25th
Lots of the high 4 and 5 star kids are going to sign with teams already ahead of NU

Very respectable- when coming off a 4 win season and a coaching staff having to pull double duty
Where did UCF end up in the rankings the 2 years Scott coached there.

I'll be happy if we can equal that.

Where did UCF end up in the rankings the 2 years Scott coached there.

I'll be happy if we can equal that.
They finished in the 40s-50s

However
Nebraska has a much higher value proposition to offer prospective players
Compared to a non power 5 commuter school with no fan support, no facilities and no money
They can do much better than that

My point was that Scott went Undefeated with the talent he had. Nebraska undoubtedly will have a higher ranking than UCF. The point is, you have to coach em up once they arrive on campus. Scott & his staff have proven they can do that.

I used to follow recruiting very closely. Not so much anymore. All I really care about is how we do on Saturdays, during the season. If Scott can bring in a top 20 class(not counting this year's transition class), I would consider that an outstanding class. 20-30 for this class would be a nice job, given the circumstances.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT