ADVERTISEMENT

When we stormed Normandy we knew there would be casualties

You people would have everyone huddle (6 feet apart) in a dank basement using a string and 2 tin cans to communicate, tell your children we are all dead men walking.....and you are mistaken if you don't understand the invisible war we ARE engaged in.
By the way take ALL risk factors that apply, what do you get? NOTHING a big fat depressed NOTHING, you people have to be riot to hang with during a family reunion...but wait you dont have those either "cave dwellers"

Did you respond to the wrong person? Reread my post.

Here's the basic problem: you have a half dozen conferences, each with individual and separate medical advisors, all getting differing opinions.

The NCAA (or perhaps a sub-group formed by the major conferences) need a single medical board advising them. Because right now you have about 6 groups of medical advisors all looking at the same X-Ray and seeing different things. That ain't gonna work if you want consistency.

Who's right? I dunno. Thing is, when it comes to COVID nobody knows everything. In fact, nobody really knows anything for sure. We simply look at numbers and extrapolate.

I will say this. According to what I read, B1G athletes can keep their 20 hour a week schedule. They can meet, study, train, lift weights, workout, practice and drill.

They just can't play the games against other guys who also test negative. That makes no sense to me.

If the rationale is "we can't afford to test 300 athletes every week just to be able to play sports. Those tests should go to the community at large". OK. I get that.

But if the issue is safety, not money, then I don't see where playing a real game is any more risky than a practice.

Just my opinion

Here's the basic problem: you have a half dozen conferences, each with individual and separate medical advisors, all getting differing opinions.

The NCAA (or perhaps a sub-group formed by the major conferences) need a single medical board advising them. Because right now you have about 6 groups of medical advisors all looking at the same X-Ray and seeing different things. That ain't gonna work if you want consistency.

Who's right? I dunno. Thing is, when it comes to COVID nobody knows everything. In fact, nobody really knows anything for sure. We simply look at numbers and extrapolate.

I will say this. According to what I read, B1G athletes can keep their 20 hour a week schedule. They can meet, study, train, lift weights, workout, practice and drill.

They just can't play the games against other guys who also test negative. That makes no sense to me.

If the rationale is "we can't afford to test 300 athletes every week just to be able to play sports. Those tests should go to the community at large". OK. I get that.

But if the issue is safety, not money, then I don't see where playing a real game is any more risky than a practice.

Just my opinion

Comes with pluses and minuses. We've seen several coaches in several leagues, Lincoln Riley among them, say this would be easier with a College Goodell. And in general that's true, its ill-advised for militaries to split their command and in times of crisis a singular chain of command is generally a good idea.

But vesting the one lone power carries greater risk too. If Warrren or Emmert are the person, no one has college fb right now. If its Sankey, we might. You just never know.

I applaud Nebraska for standing up to the B10 but there are inherent risks associated. The one wildcard that you have is if a man by the name of Warren Buffet is in your corner. He most likely could soften any financial blows that would likely result if is he is indeed on board

Unlike you, I'm too embarrassed to see anything that should be applauded. We are a national joke right now.

aren't all the b1g schools opening for fall semester...?
if they're going that far, cancelling football without even testing the waters is mindless.

Just my opinion
Fair enough sir....good reply. I agree on the single medical board.

I might reply with more later...sometimes this board gets exhausting. I need a break (not because of you).

This has been a fun (and civil!) discussion. Truly uncharted waters.

With California still being locked up like a Tupperware container, it was pretty easy to predict that the PAC 12 was gonna cancel. Last time I looked, the CA schools are all remote learning through the fall - and you can't ask athletes to go on campus if the rest of the student body can't. That's nuts. And if the CA schools aren't playing, adios. Combine that with the prevailing politics in CA, Oregon and Washington . . . well, the math is easy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT